All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1tb san disk ssd detected but crashes
PostPosted: June 24th, 2020, 0:04 

I have a san disk ssd with some data I want but not that useful so I'm not gonna pay money for it. Basically the SSD stopped working and then when I plugged it in the bios (desktop pc btw) would detect it but then it wouldn't work. When I plugged it into windows with a SATA USB adapter it detected in the drive manager for like 5 sec correctly but then made my computer really slow for like 30 sec like file explorer wouldn't work that slow and then the drive disconnected from disk management and the pc was working fine. my guess is that its unresponsive and then CPU cycles get clogged down waiting for a signal that never gets sent, the signal never gets sent after 30 sec and the computer disconnects it. I just need the computer to connect it long enough so I can get my stuff off it and I can return it with a warranty. any software/ideas that can help. Ps ik that there are those devices like the rapid spar that would probably work but idk where to find one so i need a cheap software solution unless yk like a spot i can do online where i pay less than 50 and they use the rapidspar or something similar

Post subject: Re: 1tb san disk ssd detected but crashes
PostPosted: June 24th, 2020, 11:12 

More than Likely your SSD has whats called translator failure. This is not a DIY fix unfortunately. Even Rapidspar will not work with this type of issue. Pro help is out of the question as the equipment needed to get the data is very expensive, and therefore recovery charges are higher than you would want to pay.

You can try and connect your SSD to Linux and run DDRescue and try to make a clone. Linux tends to be more forgiving than Windows with a drive with instability.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2020, 20:08 

ddrecovery wrote:
More than Likely your SSD has whats called translator failure. This is not a DIY fix unfortunately. Even Rapidspar will not work with this type of issue. Pro help is out of the question as the equipment needed to get the data is very expensive, and therefore recovery charges are higher than you would want to pay.

You can try and connect your SSD to Linux and run DDRescue and try to make a clone. Linux tends to be more forgiving than Windows with a drive with instability.

@ddrecovery do you think that if i used a raspberry pi with a sata connector over usb that would work

PostPosted: June 25th, 2020, 2:15 

I have Sandisk X110 128GB suffering from similar issue (translator) and PC-3000 can't fix it either.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2020, 20:49 

samstown wrote:
I have Sandisk X110 128GB suffering from similar issue (translator) and PC-3000 can't fix it either.

umm yea for some reason it works on Linux? try connecting it to linux it might work but not a vm like actual version. it worked on a raspberry pi with sata to usb adapter