All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 8th, 2020, 12:04 
Offline

Joined: July 30th, 2012, 3:37
Posts: 299
Location: Fairfield, CT USA
Does anyone know a company in the USA that can do 3D X-Rays for USB Flash Drives inexpensively? Best quote I've gotten is $900.

_________________
Recover My Flash Drive


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 8th, 2020, 15:10 
Offline

Joined: March 7th, 2009, 12:43
Posts: 985
Location: Angel Data Recovery
jeremyb wrote:
Does anyone know a company in the USA that can do 3D X-Rays for USB Flash Drives inexpensively? Best quote I've gotten is $900.


For what purpose you need that?

_________________
Angel Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 8th, 2020, 16:19 
Offline

Joined: July 30th, 2012, 3:37
Posts: 299
Location: Fairfield, CT USA
Some monolithic chips aren't exposing all the signals on the top layer of the PCB requiring me to dig through the PCB for a signal, having an X-Ray gives me an idea of where the signal is.
The problem is it's challenging to get a clear x-ray with older techniques on 4 layer PCB's.

_________________
Recover My Flash Drive


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 8th, 2020, 18:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 4th, 2012, 1:35
Posts: 3604
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Might be cheaper to buy up to half a dozen devices of the same and do the sand back and map the layers method. I know this is pretty time consuming and tricky, but $900 is definately not going to be viable.

or use someone like these guys

https://www.pcbic-reverse.com/

I used a comany called break-ic to get the hex file of an aftermarket chip that would disable the restrictions of late model holden commodores entertainment controllers. like the no-play of video while car was going over 15km p/h and a few other things. I think it was $200


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 8th, 2020, 19:35 
Offline

Joined: July 30th, 2012, 3:37
Posts: 299
Location: Fairfield, CT USA
HaQue wrote:
Might be cheaper to buy up to half a dozen devices of the same and do the sand back and map the layers method. I know this is pretty time consuming and tricky, but $900 is definately not going to be viable.

The trick is finding a half dozen identical monolithic drives, its difficult enough finding one. I could always decap a donor but it would be destructive and messy, I'd much rather have a non invasive method to use on a clients drive.

HaQue wrote:
or use someone like these guys

https://www.pcbic-reverse.com/

I used a comany called break-ic to get the hex file of an aftermarket chip that would disable the restrictions of late model holden commodores entertainment controllers. like the no-play of video while car was going over 15km p/h and a few other things. I think it was $200


That's pretty cool..

_________________
Recover My Flash Drive


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 12th, 2020, 4:47 
Offline

Joined: March 7th, 2009, 12:43
Posts: 985
Location: Angel Data Recovery
I am not sure external x-rays scaning are safe to data stored in flash memory:
>>> X-rays can erase programmed bits in a flash chip (convert programmed "0" bits into erased "1" bits). Erased bits ("1" bits) are not affected by X-rays

_________________
Angel Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 13th, 2020, 10:35 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 4th, 2012, 1:35
Posts: 3604
Location: Adelaide, Australia
DR-Kiev wrote:
I am not sure external x-rays scanning are safe to data stored in flash memory:
>>> X-rays can erase programmed bits in a flash chip (convert programmed "0" bits into erased "1" bits). Erased bits ("1" bits) are not affected by X-rays

That may be true. Maybe we could use a donor to get a 3d map or gist of the circuit, even if the X-Ray killed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 17th, 2020, 17:08 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2008, 11:26
Posts: 492
Location: Austin, TX
The dentist in my building will do xrays for me from time to time at no charge. Tho we are friends. If you are friendly with your dentist maybe he will do them for you once in a while. I checked prices for x-ray machines and they are far too expensive


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 17th, 2020, 18:00 
Offline

Joined: October 24th, 2009, 15:22
Posts: 704
Location: Poland
Dentist machine is not so expensive. It cost about 3000-5000$. But quality is not so good.

_________________
Odzyskiwanie danych


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 21st, 2020, 9:40 
Offline

Joined: July 30th, 2012, 3:37
Posts: 299
Location: Fairfield, CT USA
Cleanroom wrote:
If you are friendly with your dentist maybe he will do them for you once in a while.

I do and I have, the images don't have the necessary resolution.

_________________
Recover My Flash Drive


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D X-Rays
PostPosted: September 21st, 2020, 17:03 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 29th, 2016, 18:13
Posts: 99
Location: Poland
We can offer you much much lower price for such photos as below (sample on 3x7 SanDisk) but need to be send to us ;(

Animated GIf - http://mc1234.webd.pl/recovery/Multi-COM%203D%20Xray.gif

Conact me priv for more details

P.S
Shiping via DHL Express from US takes 24 hours ;)


Attachments:
Multi-COM 3D Xray.gif
Multi-COM 3D Xray.gif [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 416 times ]

_________________
Best regards,
Boguslaw Rzepka,
Multi-COM Ltd., Poland
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gold6565, Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group