CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

Can't Format/Use A SATA M2 Drive

January 23rd, 2024, 19:29

Hello - i am having an issue with a sata M2 drive i have installed.

If you look on the attached screenshot you can see that it is listed on the top of the pane (2nd device down) as disk 1 partition 2.

On the bottom pane it is listed alongside the c drive and is listed as a recovery partition - i have no idea why as its a new drive - i can click on it and get any options to format it or anything.

Also i have no idea why its on the same line as my c drive as it has nothing to do with that drive?

I just cant get it working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Re: Can't Format/Use A SATA M2 Drive

January 23rd, 2024, 20:49

This is probably a better forum for your question:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/storage.8/

January 24th, 2024, 4:24

Your M.2 drive is not the one you're indicating.
The 545MB partition you're talking about is the hidden partition in your C: drive that will be used by your computer in case you need to re-install your PC, boot in safe mode or run diagnostics etc after boot and it's perfectly normal to be there.

If you identify all the other installed drives (C, D, E, F) and none of them is your M.2, then your computer simply doesn't detect your M.2 drive.

January 24th, 2024, 4:27

northwind wrote:Your M.2 drive is not the one you're indicating.
The 545MB partition you're talking about is the hidden partition in your C: drive that will be used by your computer in case you need to re-install your PC, boot in safe mode or run diagnostics etc after boot and it's perfectly normal to be there.

If you identify all the other installed drives (C, D, E, F) and none of them is your M.2, then your computer simply doesn't detect your M.2 drive.

Thanks - ignore me - i am stupid
Post a reply