All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attempting data recovery from SSD
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2024, 21:18 

Hello everyone... i've been able to do data recovery from traditional platter drives in the past, using software like R-Studio, but this is the first time i'm attempting on an SSD (for a family member who did not ever back up their data...... shame on them!) and i'm trying to be careful as it contains a lot of their kids baby pictures.

Here's the situation: OS appeared to have crashed on them. It's an OCZ Technology Vertex 4 512GB drive. Didn't look like the drive was being detected anymore. First time i tried to power the tower on, it came up for a few minutes and i was scratching my head as to what they were talking about, but within few minutes, the OS appeared to have seized up, i then hard reboot it and have had no luck since. I pulled the drive out, tried to connect it to my laptop using a SATA to USB adapter, and can occasionally see the drive and can see the folder structure on the root of the C drive, but as soon as i try to open any folder..... the drive seems to just seize up and goes unresponsive. My laptop wont even see the drive again in any capacity until i disconnect the drive, kill power to the drive, then reconnect it again. I'm guessing the data is still there, but i just can't seem to access it. I've tried to read the SMART data off of the drive.... no luck. I've tried data recovery software thinking maybe a partition table or something went bad, maybe i could scan the drive and read the data block by block..... no luck. I'd be even ok if i could make a block by block clone of the drive, write it to file, and extract the data from that. Not sure if TRIM being enabled on the drive has any affect on any of this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should i just take it to a professional data recovery service at this point? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Attempting data recovery from SSD
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2024, 10:13 

you need Professional Tools which can take image of Drive, drive must have bad sectors thats why its not able to read properly, highly Recommend take it to Professional Data Recovery company around you , now drive is detecting they probably charge less cause its not physical issue, Good Luck.....

https://lifeguarddatarecovery.com