All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AVID NAND Flash USB MP3 Player
PostPosted: February 28th, 2008, 13:46 

Greetings
I have a problem with my MP3 Player, few weeks ago when I tried to move few files it "removed itself" from system (I'm using Windows XP Professional). This MP3 Player has ~1GB of storage, so I thought it would be OK if I move 700MB file when 200MB was already on it... bad idea, after above message above sys tray icon the player went in coma. Each time when I plug the device in to USB port, system identifys it correctly but when I try to access it via explore or any other way Windows asks me for a format and immediately unplugs it with an error that it cannot be formated.

I googled a bit and found out that, low level format might be a answer to this problem since person who had same device managed to revive it by doing so. Since I don't have Linux OS and that person was formating that MP3 Flash Player on that System... I used HDD Low Level Format Tool from HDD Guru's website. Too my surprise the software identified My MP3 Flash Player as:

AVID NAND Flash 1.00 [250,6 Mbytes]

Should I give it a try and format the device or I just found a bug in the tool?
Here is system ID for the MP3 Player

Post subject: Re: AVID NAND Flash USB MP3 Player
PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 16:27 

HI there! well i just register to reply this topic,

maybe we find a bug on the software :mrgreen: [i used it to reformat my mp3 player :P]

all the steps you show us are all rigth just when you finished to give the low level format to you mp3
you need to give format and partitions to you mp3 with the tool of windows (rigth clic on the device from my pc, give format]
and then just give it format (here it show's again the 950 MB) [but don't use de quick format]

and well IT WORKS AGAIN JUST LIKE A NEW ONE 8) :P

see you (I hope this information will prove to the others) :D :D

PostPosted: May 12th, 2009, 4:12 

Hey guys, have you ever heard the universal arithmetic for flash solution released by a data recovery tools provider ? I am very curious about this. Any guy have any solution?

PostPosted: May 12th, 2009, 12:52 

All MP3 players when purchased come with a CD. Inside is resets to factory and repair options if you have problems with them. If not you can download these from their web site considering it ia a legal player they makes. Normally best solution

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 13:47 

[quote=\"Hellokitty\"]Hey guys, have you ever heard the universal arithmetic for flash solution released by a data recovery tools provider ? I am very curious about this. Any guy have any solution?[/quote]

Hi ,
Well nand flash memory recovery is intensely complex and required lots of patience and sitting with different permutations and combination\'s .Salvation will Let the User Do All the Same According To My Understanding,this Will waste a lot of time and time is money,this is one reason i did not buy the salvation tool .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com