All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: After Low Level Format, my MP3 USB doesn't work
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 15:07 

Hello everybody

I hope someone can help me.

I used a free program named "HDD Low Level Format Tool" to format my USB Memory (is MP3 and radio too).

Then of low level format was finished, the program said that I have to create a partition and format.

I disconected my USB Memory. (Because i had to leave in that moment)

After, when I connected it again my PC didn't recognize it. The litle screen of my USB memory doesn't turn on.

How can I create and format my USB Memory, if the PC doesn't recognize it?

Please, help me! =(

Thank you.

infogeek7

Post subject: Re: After Low Level Format, my MP3 USB doesn't work
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 15:16 

I'm not sure of the wisdom, or even the goal of formatting a flash-based MP3 player with a Hard Drive low level format tool. It would have been infinitely more helpful if you mentioned the brand and model number of your MP3 player. Many companies have utilities especially designed to reflash the firmware.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 15:27 

hello

my MP3 Player is Hitech HT-MO218 , has 1GB of capacity.

thank you.

infogeek7

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 15:53 

I think you're out of luck. That looks like an off-brand player. If you can actually track down the website of the manufacturer, you might find a utility to flash the thing. If you REALLY have a lot of time on your hands, you can disassemble it, see what chipset it uses, do lots of research, and you might find a flashing utility. Then, you'll have the problem of where to get firmware. You can also do more hours of research, and find out if the same MP3 player is sold under another name (Likely), and hope they have a website (Not likely).

Or, you could just smack yourself in the forehead and just buy another one.

Just so you know, I won't be able to help you with any of the above, except maybe for the forehead smack :)

PostPosted: March 13th, 2010, 5:57 

Hi...

I have the same problem.

My flash is 1gb kingston. At first, my computer said that it's not formated. Then i try to format it from DOS (i can't format it from windows, it always says error). After formatting from DOS, it recognized as 100mb flash. I format it again, and gain 700mb (it became 800mb).

Next, i try this hdd low level format. It completed successfully, and said that I have to create a partition and format. But i accidentally click the FORMAT button again. It completed successfully, and said that I have to create a partition and format it (AGAIN).

After that, i disconnect the flash. The next day my usb didn't recognized by windows (or hdd LLF), but the LED in my flash keep blinking (like i'm copying a huge data into it).

What should i do? What did i do wrong?