All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maxtor 6Y080L0 has changed to 6Y084L2
PostPosted: March 11th, 2009, 2:58 

I have a Maxtor 6Y080L0 which was having problem with Max LBA and SMART. I did not find a LDR to correct this problem and put the drive away. I just came across a LDR to try and when I hooked back up the drive in master mode the drive seemed to be working but was all wrong. It is now reading as a maxtor 6Y084L2 with same serial number and code but will not do anything else. Has anyone ever had a problem like this before and can explain it to me. do I need to try and load the LDR file for the original drive to bring it back to the drive ID?

Post subject: Re: Maxtor 6Y080L0 has changed to 6Y084L2
PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 15:56 

Check code again i think it might have changed .

PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 15:59 

What software did you use ?

PostPosted: March 13th, 2009, 13:44 

I am using the PC3000 UDMA and data extractor for Windows. My windows is installed in French and thee are many screens that give me problems in the menu items showing up with garbage. I have checked again and it does not change. I believe there is a problem with the good data spliting with the bad and causing this problem.

French translator I believe is no good for this program. I have loaded all the plug ins for the English language and all possible add on and now I am getting more garbage on the menu items that before. But this is not what is causing my drive to change drive families. Even when you attach this drive to the BIOS of a computer it tells you that the drive family is not the one that is on the label of the disk itself. You can see the drive but it is not accessable

I need to make the drive back the way it was before. I will try safe mode and load a LDR to see if I can make my drive the way it was before

Thank you for your help if you have any other suggestions I am happy to hear them and try them to fix this problem

PostPosted: March 13th, 2009, 14:23 

Your problem is you don't know the basics of DR as drive families, firmware, structure of firmware and so on, and you (not you only!) are searching for "click and go" solutions. If I see the drive and the SA I can tell you exactly what is going on....

1) Post the EXACT model i.e. 6y080l0422611 , KGGA , etc.
2) Save a copy of the SA, loader ad ram image and attach here so it is possible to analyze.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2009, 22:17 

Thank you so much for saying that. It was so kind of you. But the fact of the mater is I did find my answer and got the drive back to the normal reading status it should of been in the first place. After I was able to clone the drive and pull the data off of it. There was a lot of split sectors due to this problem. But don't worry climbing the lader takes time. One day I will reach your status hopefully. Keep on climbing you might even get highter.

Don't worry I didn't freeze the drive and hit it over the head with a hammer to knock the family back together. I did it the old fastion way and it did not take 5 min like people think that DR takes.

Sorry I don't mean to be rude. But everyone has to start on the bottom to climb to the top. I am climbing and it will take time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2009, 6:59 

poehere wrote:
I am using the PC3000 UDMA and data extractor for Windows. My windows is installed in French and thee are many screens that give me problems in the menu items showing up with garbage. I have checked again and it does not change. I believe there is a problem with the good data spliting with the bad and causing this problem.

French translator I believe is no good for this program. I have loaded all the plug ins for the English language and all possible add on and now I am getting more garbage on the menu items that before. But this is not what is causing my drive to change drive families. Even when you attach this drive to the BIOS of a computer it tells you that the drive family is not the one that is on the label of the disk itself. You can see the drive but it is not accessable

I need to make the drive back the way it was before. I will try safe mode and load a LDR to see if I can make my drive the way it was before

Thank you for your help if you have any other suggestions I am happy to hear them and try them to fix this problem

Your english seems quite good, why not install a english OS? I do not have problems with my PC3000 which is installed to a English copy of Windows XP SP2

PostPosted: March 17th, 2009, 3:01 

Thank you so much to everyone. I will back up the system and reinstall all in English. I just received a copy of XP Pro in English and will see if this corrects all the problem with the garbage on the screen and the database not configuring correctly. My data base looks like a mess and all I have is a picture of the PCB board and some writing but mostly a blue screen even though I have downloaded all the files that need to be installed for the database. I will let you know if this corrects my problem thank you everyone