All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OS problem for PC3000 UDMA
PostPosted: March 14th, 2009, 2:53 

Hi everyone who speaks a different language than English and has a different Windows XP OS loaded in their computer running the PC3000 UDMA plus data extractor.

Has anyone ever experienced a problems with the OS not being comptable with your PC3000 program. My OS is French and when entering into the PC3000 and selecting some items in the menu I can not read the menu I only see garbage in it's place. I have loaded all the plug ins for English and added all the language that I can add. I have changed many fields to run only English as the priority language on the computer but still run into garbage with this program. It is a new computer that I just finished building, installing and configuring for this card. I have 5 other new system all the same and have tried the card in all of them and have the same problem with it, I have locks up a lot and have to soft boot the computer to get it back up and running. After doing this the first time the card seems to function correctly and I no longer have lock up on the card. I have installed many different types of equipment using different languages on different machine and there is always a solution for the language problem.

If someone has this same problem what did you do to correct it. I have tried all that is available and my next step is to dump the OS in French and install it in English. I would rather not do this one and reconfigure the complete computer but if it has to be done I will do so.

Any suggestions on how to correct the conflict in the translator program so that it no longer has garbage on the menu? Or I am stuck putting this machine on a canoe and sending it out on the water for the day to go fishing. Maybe when it comes home it will be in a better mood to do what it is suppose to do.

Seriously if it is English that the card wants then I will need to do that to make it work correctly. It is very hard to understand the 80980-8-089887487358947504 in my menu items.

Thank for any suggestions on over coming this translator problem

Post subject: Re: OS problem for PC3000 UDMA
PostPosted: March 14th, 2009, 3:31 

its more likely down to your os that in french
very hard for the program to translate to english

i would reinstall english version os and it will work 100%

PostPosted: March 14th, 2009, 3:58 

That was my conclusion also. Just have run into other problems using the French OS on navigation system for boats using the interface to an English translator. There was a solution to correct this problem so it interfaced. Have tried all the OS fixes I can do and it still gives problems. I understand the language problem when translating an original OS into other languages. It does not always work because of all the plug in and coding it takes to translate the OS. Machine language can be tricky that way. Thanks for your suggestion. I guess instead of sending the machine out fishing for the day I should go instead. I will get an English OS from somewhere out of here and get it installed. Unless someone else has a idea of how to get the OS to communicate correctly with the PC3000. Has anyone every tried to correct their OS problem in another language?

PostPosted: March 14th, 2009, 5:12 

Hi Poehere,
I'm sure the problem is your French OS.
If you want to get English XP, I could offer you some barter :-) PM me.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2009, 0:50 

Just a note to say thanks to all. It seems to be the OS that created all my problems. I got it reloaded to English and all installed back inside the machine. It seems like I am back on track. I have been able to recover 4 drives since the reload of the OS and I have not seen garbage on my screen once and my computer is no longer locking up on me in the middle of operations. Thank you everyone for all

PostPosted: April 1st, 2009, 19:49 

Quick update. I no longer think this is an OS issue with my program. I think that I got a bad program somehow from ACE. I reloaded the OS and did all that everyone has told me to do and now whern I bring up my menus things are still the same but now easier to read. I have Russian and English mixed together inside my program and it is driving me crazy to understand all of this mess. I have a item to click on and you can kind of read the English under it and then their is Russian over the top of it. Even in the main screen at the top header it comes up in Russian and not in English Will post a screen shot so you can see what I am talking about. Do anyone else have this problem. Should I try and contact ACE again over all this I am not getting answers back to this problem and see if they will give me a new program to run with my PC3000 UDMA. Or does someone have an answer for what I can do to correct this problem myself. Have tried everything else will do what is needed so that I can read this program. Thanks for any help from all

Notice the open panel in the middle of the screen and read the top header line it is in Russian if I am not mistaken and is this normal for your program too?

Attachments:
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG [ 124.59 KiB | Viewed 7246 times ]

PostPosted: April 7th, 2009, 17:06 

Hi,

Have the same problem.

Attachment:
ACE-MAXTOR.jpg
ACE-MAXTOR.jpg [ 9.01 KiB | Viewed 7494 times ]

PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 0:19 

It's a problem with translation. Guys at Acelab couldn't translate all the menus for some reason and don't know what Unicode is about.
If you want to see Cyrillic characters instead of that garbage change Language for non-Unicode programs to Russian on Advanced tab in Regional and Language Options.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 9:08 

Hi,

It's because the c0cks at Acelabia DO NOT TRANSLATE ALL RUSSIAN INTO ENGLISH (It drives me crazy ;o) ) So what you see is a bullsh1t character instead of the Russian character

Their stupid at this and I guess don't have a good BETA tester.....

SIMPLES!

(c) Guru

PostPosted: April 8th, 2009, 14:10 

Have a good solution to everyones problem. I had problems with my original progam that was supplied with my pc3k after installation. Had garbage on my screen and the pc3k locked up on start up giving me pci board errors all the time. Had to reset board, memory and restart my computer to correct all these problems. Tried for ever to get an answer but never did. Fiinally went to update box and installed the other program. Changed some but not a lot. Finally contacted ACE again and they told me there just received the new update on the 2nd of April and installed this in my update box. Downloaded it and tried to install but got program error. Had to take all out and install again. Then downloaded the program again and this time it did install inside my system. In order for me to do all this I had to go back to my origianl program that came with pc3k install it and not activate it, then download new program and install on top of origianl program and it would install. It has something to do with checking on the original program before installing the new program. After installing all I went to the activation link and got a new activation code and installed. So far all is running good on the pc3k and it is no longer locking up with pci errors or language problems. I think if you can contact ACE to see about getting the new program that was just released this might help you out with the problem. So far have been running it for the last 5 or 6 days and not one lock up and can not find anymore garbage on my screen. Maybe this will help you out in solving your problem. Before all this they told me it was my motherboard. Couldn't be because it was new and just installed it in my computer, then said it was memeory same new just installed. Ask me to change pci port no change. Finally in the end after spending almost 3 months with this problem they told me I had an untranslated verion of pc3k with DE. I almost exploded for all of this. Wasted a lot of time and invested in 3 other new motherboard to see no change in the problem what so ever. Even ordered from the US a version of Windows in English. So if anyone has just gotten the pc3k the original install disk that comes with your pc3k is going to be like this. I finally figured it out that they need this install disk for the original board to install and after all the updates are installed on top of this disk so that they work correctly. if you try to install an update first it will not work or did not for me. I had to start with my original disk install it, then install the first program out of my update box on top of that, then install the new program out of my update box in order to make it all work. Hope that this will help you out in solving your problem. I wasted 3 months on this problem and finally got it all resolved. Good luck to all.