All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Correct Procedure [Hitachi/IBM Headtest And Initialization]
PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 7:20 

Hello Seniors ,
I Have a Hitachi/IBM Series HDD 2.5" SATA Model No HTS543232L9A300 [ 320gb ] .This Can be selected in custom family " HTS5432xxL9xxxx " .The Patient Drive is Knocking .I Tried Getting NVRAM Access which was successful .For The DFL Fanboys [ DFL Fails To Work With this in Safe/PCB Only Modes ] .PCLAB Specifically Pointed Out that i Crib Too Much With Few Tools [ Well If It Says It Works with The Family And i Do Not Get Success i will crib ] .My Friends PClabs Post Is Here -> viewtopic.php?t=32173&f=11&start=0#p223396 . Here is a Proof It Fails .

Now I Get Success With PC 3000 UDMA-e Using Same Technique .So For Sure DFL SRP : All in One Is Not Working With This Well .PCLAB You Should Understand That If a Person Just Has DFL SRP : All in One for Hitachi Tool He Still Cannot Work With This Family .Time/Money Waste .I Am Not a Fanboy Of Any Tool I Use All and Love all Of Them Same .I Never Write Elaborate Posts and Thats Why sometimes Few Of You Might Be Thinking i Crib About a Tool .Anyway Here is Proof .

Now This Drive Has 4 Heads .I Wanted To Find Out Which Head is Bad And if Possibly i Could Initialize It Alternatively . Please Check The Head MAP In The Image Below .This Says 00 01 02 03 .I Have Tried All Combinations 00 00 00 00 ,01 01 01 01 , 02 02 02 02 And 03 03 03 03 .My Drive Knocks in All Cases .Also i Read In The PC3K Manual That We Need To Write SA Area on Other Head Also In some Cases [ Could Anyone Explain Me This Please ] . Also Location 09 In The NVRam Has The Boot Flag To change SA Read To Copy 0 or Factory Copy .Is There a Way To Change To Copy 1 Or Never Needed .Is There anything That is Missing That i Need To Learn/Understand In this Please .

PS : I Have started Maintaining Class 1000 Environment in My complete Lab And Class 100 In My Laminar Flow Bench For Physical Work Now .As i Am Still Practicing But i could Surely Look Inside And Inspect The Heads Without Doing Anything Else .Once 2nd And 3rd Phase Of My Cleanroom Is Done i Will Have a Near Class 100 environment In The Main Data Recovery Lab also .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

Post subject: Re: Correct Procedure [Hitachi/IBM Headtest And Initializati
PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 8:39 

Do you have any problem with me, or with the tools?????

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 8:41 

Spildit wrote:
Hi there, i have this drive with bad pre-amp/heads and this drive doesn't read with any of it's heads.
How can i edit nvram/rom/ram/whatever or what special loader/code should i load to the drive to make those non-working heads to read the platter ?

Hi Spildit ,
I Always Appreciate The Reply You Give Me .I am Understood What You Are Trying To Put Across To Me .But If a PC3k User Can Please Reply to My Query I will Greatly Appreciate It .Spildit i Also Like to Share With You That Few Days Back i Was Speaking to One Of My Fellow Friends Into DR In India .He Told Me That He Had One Of The Recent Seagates and No Heads Was Working .He Carefully Applied hot Air To The BGA Preamp On The Flex PCB In the Headstack And He Got Complete Drive Access For Few Minutes .According To Me The Older Method Of Having a QFP Type Preamp was Way Better With a Flex BGA Type .

PS : I Will Take Permission and Inspect The Drive [ Thank You For The Fantastic Answer Which i did Understand and Many Might Not :mrgreen: ]

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 8:53 

pclab wrote:
Do you have any problem with me, or with the tools?????

PCLAB ,
Why Should i Have a Problem With You .You Just Pointed To Me I Crib.So i Gave a Example So That You Might Understand Why i Crib .If i Find Something In PC3K Then again i Will Write And Crib .The Thing Is That When You Folks Write Or Point Out Something We Do Not Say You Folks Crib [ So Stop Saying it to Us Too ] . Anyways i Have No Issue With anyone Of You I Always Like The Company Of Everyone Always And Share And Advise Where i Have The Ability .So Please Advice If You Like To .Might Be if You Use DFL Tool More Then Me You Can Share a Observation or a Pointer for Me [ Though My Frind Spildit Nailed it Totally ] .But i Would Still Like To Find The Answer

PS : I Attached The Photos So That You Can Know i Do Own The Tool [ Specially PC3K UDMA-e ] .

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 8:58 

Spildit wrote:
Amarbir wrote:
If a PC3k User Can Please Reply to My Query I will Greatly Appreciate It

I DO HAVE PC3K ISA, PCI and access to UDMA at a shop (part time job).
Answer will be the same no matter what tool you use.
You can do head map or change rom or define heads to use on ram or clone by head, depod heads whatever, if none of them works at all there is nothing you can do without head stack replacement to read the data...

Hello Spildit ,
In This Family ROM + NVRAM Is There .IMHO There is Nothing In ROM We Can Do .All changes Have To Be Done In NVRAM .Also Head Map Editing in RAM is Not Present In This [ Atleast in The Latest Version of PC3K ] .

PS : Would Like To Apply This Technique As They Demonstrated In The UDMA Manual And Report Back i Do Have a Same Family 80GB [ But Its Only 1 Head And Hence i Cannot Play Around .]

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 9:00 

When I found problems on a tool (whatever tool) I complain to the tool manufacturer on the respective place.
When you complain of a problem, you make a big fuss about it, the tool sucks, doesn't worth the money, etc, etc, etc.
As you found out now, one can deal with a problem and the other can't. That's why you need them all (some more than the others).

I don't give a damn for your bugs/problems.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 9:16 

pclab wrote:
When I found problems on a tool (whatever tool) I complain to the tool manufacturer on the respective place.
When you complain of a problem, you make a big fuss about it, the tool sucks, doesn't worth the money, etc, etc, etc.
As you found out now, one can deal with a problem and the other can't. That's why you need them all (some more than the others).

I don't give a damn for your bugs/problems.

Lol ,
All The Respective Tools Guys Have Created Accounts On HDDguru For a Reason .So i Will Write And share Wherever i Fell More Comfortable .I Just Found Out You Are a Reseller Also - > http://www.dolphindatalab.com/about/resellers/ .Is That The Reason You Like Sharing / Discussing Underground So That No One Can Find Out [ But To enhance Knowledge You Definitely visit Other Forums ] .I Really Would Not Like To Comment on a Comment Like This [ I don't give a damn for your bugs/problems ] .If a Do Whats The difference between you and me .So Please Leave Me With My thread And Problems and Let Me Work And Discuss My Case With My Friends Here .Though again i say You Are Welcome To Advise/Share .

PS : I Can Show you Ample No of Places Where i Have Recommended Most of The Tools .Secondly if The Tool Says it Does a Thing But Fails It Sucks Lolz Cos Your Hard Earned Money Is already With The Guy Plus You Have a Case Where The Tool is Failing Miserably .Also I Have a Very Strong Observation That The Bugs Are rotating .Something is Solved Then again It Pops Out In future revisions [ What The Hell Are Version Revisions For ] .

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 11:48 

It's not because if I'm a reseller (which DFL added me, but I don't care about sales) or not.

You started to point this thread to me directly. You even posted the previous link. Why? I don't know.
What does that have to do with your problem in this specific case? I also don't know.
If I'm in various forums, of course I am, just like you, seeking the same thing (more knowledge, because I don't know nothing, and the hope to help who deserves).

Because of all of this (that YOU could/should have avoided) I don't give a damn.