All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HCC543232A7A380 locked
PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 14:44 

Hello there,I have a Hitachi that came from a DVR (NagraVision I think),but,of course,the firmware is custom locked in some way that prevents me to enter the utility,as upon selection it gives error at Techno Key and refuses to enter it.The only way around I found was to unscrew the pcb and use the utility only by the pcb ->however , HDD ID is not read,no access to modules , therefore the only thing that I can currently modify is the NV-RAM.Upon comparison of a NV-RAM working copy of a working Hitachi same model,I failed at detecting the differences in hex that should allow me to detect where exactly it was locked.Is there anyway to workaround this and know where the fw was locked at ? I doubt it is in the ROM itself,as I can't modify it,ergo the NV-RAM and RAM is left.Also tried to look up the web on some sort of information regarding the data structure of the NV-RAM to see at what position it sets the flag on which copy to boot the fw(I wanted to set it to 0 so it will go to factory copy),but,then again,information is scarce.Any help is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: HCC543232A7A380 locked
PostPosted: March 9th, 2016, 6:07 

Hello, if you still need the solution, reach me please over skype. My skype ID is igore.loskutov

Post subject: Re: HCC543232A7A380 locked
PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 8:05 

Try to start drive with disable head 0 in NV-RAM head map.