Switch to full style
Discussions related to PC-3000
Please no pirated software here!
Post a reply

PC3OOO UDMA unusual behavior

April 11th, 2018, 13:18

Hello,

I am facing issues with my pc3kudma board sata0 port. Some times the drive don't get power, some times drives keep restarting and WD drives when connected doesn't get ID and capacity but works fine in sata1 port.

I have no electronics background to diagnose the issue, but can use multi-meter and take readings if anybody can guide. Also if anybody can share schematics if available.

Kindly help to get this problem sorted out.

Re: PC3OOO UDMA unusual behavior

April 11th, 2018, 13:23

I thought maybe power supply is faulty, so took below readings

16.63V on 12V (Yellow Wire)
7.09V on 5V (Red Wire)
4.84V on 3.3V (Orange Wire)

Are these fine?

April 11th, 2018, 13:46

Well, I don´t think so, But it would depend on the point used as reference, and also on the multimeter. Maybe its battery is weak ?

All of the ports measure the same, or, at the ports connectors you can get the right voltages ( 12, 5 and 3.3V ) ?

April 11th, 2018, 13:49

Are you sure you measured against ground (GND) ? All those seem to be a bit too high, but I don't have a PC3000 UDMA, so I don't know for sure. One possible reason might be that you measured against the wrong ground. Perhaps measure the power supply rails of the computer as well, and of the SATA power cable you plug into the PC3000 UDMA inside. Perhaps, the PSU of the computer has a problem? How did you wire the PC3000 up?

April 11th, 2018, 13:53

Battery of multi-meter you mean?

April 11th, 2018, 14:02

sourcerer wrote:Are you sure you measured against ground (GND) ? All those seem to be a bit too high, but I don't have a PC3000 UDMA, so I don't know for sure. One possible reason might be that you measured against the wrong ground. Perhaps measure the power supply rails of the computer as well, and of the SATA power cable you plug into the PC3000 UDMA inside. Perhaps, the PSU of the computer has a problem? How did you wire the PC3000 up?

Ground I took of molex of PSU and different wires of same molex i measured. same molex goes to pc3k.
Attachments
1.jpg

April 11th, 2018, 14:19

Murtazah wrote:Battery of multi-meter you mean?

Yes. Batteries with low charge give wrong readings. And yours are too much wrong for the psu to be considered safe. 15V on the 12V rail would be enough for me to throw it out of the window.

April 11th, 2018, 15:58

MASTECH-MS830L
https://vikiwat.com/userfiles/productimages/15047/multimetar-mas838-lcd-%282000%29-vdc-vac-adc-ohm-%C2%B0c-0.pdf
Attachments
battery_warning.gif

April 12th, 2018, 2:50

rogfanther wrote:

Yes. Batteries with low charge give wrong readings. And yours are too much wrong for the psu to be considered safe. 15V on the 12V rail would be enough for me to throw it out of the window.

PSU is fine as I am getting correct readings of 12.14 and 5.12 for 12V and 5V after replacing battery of DMM.

April 12th, 2018, 4:16

Murtazah wrote:
rogfanther wrote:

PSU is fine as I am getting correct readings of 12.14 and 5.12 for 12V and 5V after replacing battery of DMM.

The BEST help you will get from the people you bought it from.. Acelab
and start with your PSU use a good Pro. one.

April 12th, 2018, 6:50

einstein9 wrote:
Murtazah wrote:
rogfanther wrote:

The BEST help you will get from the people you bought it from.. Acelab
and start with your PSU use a good Pro. one.

AceLab Not answering any emails or Service request. I am using below PSU, let me know if this is good?
IMG_20180412_143451[1].jpg
IMG_20180412_143451[1].jpg (90.53 KiB) Viewed 20785 times

April 12th, 2018, 6:59

@ Murtazah

What is the use of the PSU Brand? what is important is the Watt power

plus

I see no reason why they don`t reply really...

Anyway....the way you present the problem here is like this:

You buy a Ferrari car and you consult the next door Mechanic workshop.

April 12th, 2018, 7:10

einstein9 wrote:@ Murtazah

What is the use of the PSU Brand? what is important is the Watt power

plus

I see no reason why they don`t reply really...

Anyway....the way you present the problem here is like this:

You buy a Ferrari car and you consult the next door Mechanic workshop.

I tried contacting them before putting it here. So this is my only option for now to get faster resolution.

April 12th, 2018, 10:33

Your English is pretty good. You can also call Ace directly. Or try Skype.

April 14th, 2018, 4:15

Change Power supply & test i had same problem couple of years before problem was in Pc Power supply.

Good Luck.........

April 14th, 2018, 7:03

Thank you everyone for your valuable feedback and time spent on trying to figure out the problem with my device. My PC3KUDMA is back on track and working again without the symptom I was facing earlier.

probably it was either wattage issue or just dust buildup.

I removed extra 3.5" Sata hard drive and hooked up my card again after cleaning. Just that and its working again.

I will try to recreate the issue again by connecting the drive which I had removed then we will know if it is wattage or dust was culprit.

Anyway, thank you again for all your efforts.

April 14th, 2018, 9:41

Nice to know it worked.

You showed us the power supply, but didn´t say about its age, and also about the rest of the computers configuration. Number of video cards, models, number of hard disks, etc. Maybe that all sums up and the psu isn´t being able to supply enough power
Post a reply