Switch to full style
Discussions related to PC-3000
Please no pirated software here!
Post a reply

DE and Mac Backup Question

October 12th, 2018, 12:26

Anyone found a good way to image Mac backups in DE? if you make a map of the folder it seems to collect ALL data links in the backup set and thinks they are all files so creates a huge map of ghost files. Another DR engineer said Ace logged into his system a while ago and set it up as what he thought was a virtual partition, but he can't quite remember. I can see how to make this happen for one folder?

Re: DE and Mac Backup Question

October 12th, 2018, 12:54

Either clone the whole drive or image by bitmap, if you want to just imaged used sectors.

October 12th, 2018, 13:27

lcoughey wrote:Either clone the whole drive or image by bitmap, if you want to just imaged used sectors.

Trying to avoid imaging the whole drive as its a Rosewood on its second head swap. Will image by bitmap. Good solution Thanks.

October 12th, 2018, 16:18

Do you need the Time Machine backup files? If not, you can unselect the HFS private data and the backups folders.

October 12th, 2018, 16:25

lcoughey wrote:Do you need the Time Machine backup files? If not, you can unselect the HFS private data and the backups folders.

Unfortunately I do.

October 12th, 2018, 16:30

I just started adding an extra fee of $150 for those who want us to recover the time machine backup database because of the extra work needed to make the database actually accessible.

October 12th, 2018, 16:39

lcoughey wrote:I just started adding an extra fee of $150 for those who want us to recover the time machine backup database because of the extra work needed to make the database actually accessible.

I have been thinking about that. I notice Jarred was doing the same thing.

October 12th, 2018, 16:44

Even with the $150 CAD extra fee, my prices are still considerably lower than DriveSavers.
Post a reply