All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Portable iii
PostPosted: July 27th, 2022, 14:00 

Hey, ACE has been provided with the necessary logs that I have dumped from the unit. This was done without the consent or demand from ACE and was done at my personal will in good faith. They can be strict with their rules, but a reporting is must and they should know what went wrong and specifically WHERE it went wrong (0xSomeAddress) .

Finally, as Agrail has opined, the developers have all the necessary information w.r.t logs being sent to them via the correct channel ie TS.

Hope they read it and can demand more and I shall be more than willing to help even if I don't get a solution or the unit dies off. It will die a hero's death.

The sacrifice of a warranty is not a big sacrifice towards a bigger cause of helping ACE remotely by truest reporting of their unit via their own logs which they would have any way accessed to help me wth my unit. However, an email never goes through the custom ports and its easier that way :)

@ACE, btw a very cool piece of technology. It was fun reading about all the datasheets of MCU and other relevant information that may be used by me to attempt a fix etc.

Hats off work by ACE developers and core engineers. :)

--

PostPosted: July 31st, 2022, 19:05 

Hello People, the issue is solved and here are the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxBub9iUL0c

They offered no help to remotely solve it, however, they tried their level best to convince me to have it shipped back and to have it solved at zero repair cost as the unit was under warranty. :)

I have not updated TS yet of the exact procedure of fault finding and solving. However, would do the same soon.

--

PostPosted: August 1st, 2022, 7:40 

sin wrote:
Hello People, the issue is solved and here are the results.

--

Jolly good!

PostPosted: August 1st, 2022, 10:19 

Hello everyone, the unit is now fixed. It powers up well on the first attempt. I will not disclose details of the fix for now. Attahed above in other posts is the video of the result. I learnt a lot about the technology, and it was a good experience to understand how nicely designed this system is and what can go wrong with such systems in rare circumstances.

I am blessed to have a mentor who brainstorms selflessly and motivates me to interact with intricate technology. The risk was big, I could have lost 11190Euros straight if anything went wrong.

No downtime was experienced as the fixes were attempted between 10 PM to morning 6 pm.

Also, I would like to thank my student who learnt WD from me a few months ago, his name is Akash from Gujrat. Would like to thank him to educate me by sharing a particular soldering technique.

Thanks to Ace for their support offerings for their great product!
--

PostPosted: December 17th, 2022, 0:56 

sin wrote:
Hello everyone, the unit is now fixed. It powers up well on the first attempt. I will not disclose details of the fix for now. Attahed above in other posts is the video of the result. I learnt a lot about the technology, and it was a good experience to understand how nicely designed this system is and what can go wrong with such systems in rare circumstances.

I am blessed to have a mentor who brainstorms selflessly and motivates me to interact with intricate technology. The risk was big, I could have lost 11190Euros straight if anything went wrong.

No downtime was experienced as the fixes were attempted between 10 PM to morning 6 pm.

Also, I would like to thank my student who learnt WD from me a few months ago, his name is Akash from Gujrat. Would like to thank him to educate me by sharing a particular soldering technique.

Thanks to Ace for their support offerings for their great product!
--

Well,
in this case you can share the soldering technique ,Thats not acelab Prop stuff right ,What do you say

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com