All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PC-3K UDMA and DataExtractor Pricing ?
PostPosted: July 11th, 2007, 22:08 

Hi Mates ,
ACE is Having Double standards or Might Be Triple Standards For Pricing All Around the World .Please Tell Us What They Quoted You From different Countries .They Quoted Me In India

Hi Amarbir,

Thanks for your letter.
Yes, PC-3000 UDMA is available already.

We do not sell PCI cards any more, only UDMA cards.

ur current price list:

PC-3000 for Windows UDMA 2877 EUR
Data Extractor UDMA 1680 EUR
PC-3000 for SCSI 2900 EUR

The contract price will also include 300 EUR custom fees and DHL delivery cost.
All necessary adapters and connectors are included into the kit.
We give one month of free professional tech support. Option: you can
order more tech support for additional fee later.

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2007, 2:47 

That actually sounds like a good price. In the US, PC3000 PCI is the price of a new car. I have heard prices vary widely depending on where in the world you are..

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2007, 3:36 

Hi,
Is That So ,You People Charge Cost of a Car Also When You Do DR .We People start With USD 2 .

Ripleys :Belive it or Not

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2007, 16:03 

USD 2 thats really cheap , cheaper then Pakistan .

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2007, 1:06 

Yes Friend ,

Thats the Real Truth .I Hope Some Indians Will Come Forward And support Me In this ,I Mean USD 2 Would Be The Cheapest .Normally Its USD 15/Case

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2007, 5:04 

Amarbir wrote:
Yes Friend ,

Thats the Real Truth .I Hope Some Indians Will Come Forward And support Me In this ,I Mean USD 2 Would Be The Cheapest .Normally Its USD 15/Case

I think that's too cheap, concerning the investment for all the tools and hard drive database and components you'd need...

but I don't know. Probably just my opinion. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2007, 7:25 

Amarbir wrote:
Yes Friend ,

A DR expert will not even touch drive in this amount. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2007, 7:37 

Hi ,
You Mean To Tell Me If You Have Invested Very Heavy In Material And Time And You Are In India [ And Mind You An Expert ] ,Then You Will Not Touch This Drive At This Cost And Die Without Money .Nonesense .It Depends on The Locations Were you Are From And How Much You Get Paid Over There

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2007, 7:58 

Yes i will not even touch it for recovery.
If data is important and disaster is real then costumer will(have to) pay for it.At this cost a person only live on cracks or warez (software and hardware) and have also not money for futher research on datarecovery.The person can only hack others researches can't do his own.And also i am from much competitive area then you.

if this will be the return to you then you should change profession.
or may be in your area people would like to done there heart surgery by a general physician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2007, 9:01 

friend wrote:
Yes i will not even touch it for recovery.
If data is important and disaster is real then costumer will(have to) pay for it.At this cost a person only live on cracks or warez (software and hardware) and have also not money for futher research on datarecovery.The person can only hack others researches can't do his own.And also i am from much competitive area then you.

if this will be the return to you then you should change profession.
or may be in your area people would like to done there heart surgery by a general physician.

Boss ,
Don't Pass Judgments To Me Like Change Your Profession .Thats What We Generally Get Here .I Was Stating a Fact That Normally you Can Earn This Much .More If You Can Get Better Customers .Do You Actually want to know what i do then come to chandigarh in india and i will show you what i do .Please do Not Provoke ....

Post subject: Re: PC-3K UDMA and DataExtractor Pricing ?
PostPosted: July 16th, 2007, 1:16 

Be Cool man. Don't get Angry.

DF
:P

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: July 16th, 2007, 6:47 

Amarbir wrote:
Boss ,
Don't Pass Judgments To Me Like Change Your Profession .Thats What We Generally Get Here .I Was Stating a Fact That Normally you Can Earn This Much .More If You Can Get Better Customers .Do You Actually want to know what i do then come to chandigarh in india and i will show you what i do .Please do Not Provoke ....

Dear Mr. Dillon,

I understand your situation. My apologize :( ...In my country, the situation is almost the same. Price for DR in Indonesia is also decreasing. This is mainly caused by lack of knowledge (I'm talking about user's), many people just don't know what process of data recovery must be taken, before we can show them what we've saved. They just think that DR is just as simple as clicking mouse buttons, several clicks, and they must pay us a lot of money.

But actually, as we know, this is not the truth. Owning PC 3000 only is not enough, sometimes you need components (heads, rotors, PCBs, etc) and this must be kept in our stock database (no matter we're going to use it in near future or not). This is also investment. We must include this in our expense...

This is why I do not agree @ 2-15 USD in my country, but probably it would be OK if you do DR in India at this price. This your policy, you know the market, you understand the culture. So, mainly DR's price is different from many countries. And this is one thing that DR is fun ! :D

PostPosted: July 17th, 2007, 13:12 

So if PC-3000 cost as much as a new car in the U.S. why don't we find someone in a country where it is cheaper to buy it for us then we can buy it from them. Also does anyone know why the price is all over the place depending on where you are in the world. Why should it matter where you live? I don't know how much udma costs, a rep from deep spar is calling me today to let me know. I will post what he tells me.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 10:21 

hddryan wrote:
Why should it matter where you live? I don't know how much udma costs, a rep from deep spar is calling me today to let me know.

Well, try to read posts above I suggest.
Price for PC3000 should be different because prices for data recovery are different.
If you are ready to charge 2USD for recovery in US that's another story :)

PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 13:36 

I totally agree with amarbir being indian . US and other countries are having a matured and developed econimies , business , corporates and overall end customers know importance of time , technology and are ready to pay for the same.
In case of india ( I am not talking of newer trends where software / BPO and multinational companies are based ) but on an averagae level 5 out of 10 customers are willing to do all manual work of data entry or forgot the data if prices go beyond $20.
If DR peoples like us demanded more we will have to loose these customers so we are forced to charge less in order to survive.
What ACELAB should do is they should reduce price of the products so they will eventually get more business and no one will buy cloned versions.
Simply if we could recover cost of investment in one year then only we will dare to invest for the product ( product support is for one year) As technology is changing so rapidly , DR compnies in other parts of the world can scarp old pc3000 kits and order new versions and if we did not get our investment back how can we afford to buy new versions?
Even giants like microsoft has changed there pricing and giving softwares are reduced rates.
IF ace slashed pricing by 50 % i am sure in india they will get 100 % more business.
Thanks
HDD.tech

PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 14:07 

I just got off the phone with deepspar. They said that UDMA is $10,000 w/o shipping and customs.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 15:41 

chipsang wrote:
IF ace slashed pricing by 50 % i am sure in india they will get 100 % more business.

And in turn you will get 50% decrease in prices for data recovery.
So, you are saying you are ready to work 2 times harder to earn the same money??? Hm...

PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 15:43 

Hi,

This is strange. I have a friend in New Delhi. He's got a company and DR was one of their profiles, now they're developing SW for DR. He told me India is having one of the fastest growing economy. BTW he didn't have any problems purchasing previous versions of PC3k.
Where is the mistake?

pepe

PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 5:03 

I am also from India and doing data recovery from a long time and have pc3000 and a big stock of hard disk and Even when new model comes we have to have it as it's the core for the recovery field. There is some confusion regarding price in India.

$2 dollers are charged by those who are new in this field, even in my city there are few. But they are doing other things also and not dedicated to DR only, so it don't matter to them doing in $2 or little above for logical ( deleted - formated ).

Doing logical recovery for $2 is foolishness rather i would say that you are not able to charge for the actual time invested in the recovery process.

But charges of physical are high, not as in other county, but it starts with $75 initially and big company like stellar they charge big amount $350-500 for 40-80 Gb hard disk no matter its logical or physical for FAT and NTFS only prices for Unix linux and novell are much more

and after all we all are in this business to earn not for charity.

keep smiling :)
DF

PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 7:19 

Wo Wo Wo..........

Stop quarelling mates. Dear Amarbir, you may be almost right as being in your zone. But as far as I know, there is not ample amount of peoples in India, engaged in recovery at 2 $. Though, I am totally unaware with your city or province. I have got many pals from India, but perhaps never heard about doing recoveries for a couple of dollers (Ofcourse, before HDDGURU ). But, There may be an algorithm working behind it. Perhaps, you get a lotta work without much stress. And, you earn by the quantity. Like, you get 2 $ for a recovery, and do 50 recoveries every day. :mrgreen: So, you earn your amount in this way. There is no problem in this. :D

And rest of my friends, Amarbir is right on his place. We know, that we don't even touch the drive for this amount, but, as the economy does matter, there may be a huge price difference also. As, I have heard, things are cheaper in India. The same thing, we get in 100 $ in our country, that is availabe at 10 $ in India. So, the cost of things are very low and mates like amarbir may face no problem in doing so. As per the calculation, his 2 $ is equalant to our 20 $. :D . So, we should not criticize him, but support him and let him do via his own way. As we had also stepped up one by one. Today when we charge 200 $ for a recovery, we have not started it in a bang. We have reached here step by step. So, Wish him all the best, and support him. As he also belongs to our family. :D :D :D :D

And, I am also agree, that ACELAB should give some relief in their prices. Because it will harm nobody else, but ACE itself. Cause, peoples buy pirated clones only because of the price factor. I am not saying, that they should make their prices equalant to the chinese pirated craps, But atleast, a reasonable amount. As chipsang has got the point that giants, like Microsoft has also done it so to kick out the piracy, then can't ACE think about this simple thing ? :?

BTW, As far as I know, this topic is to discuss about the prices of PC3k, not about the prices of the work done by us. There is a separate topic for that. So, I think, it would be nice to grow up only with the topic relavant posts, atleast, when there is a dedicated topic for that another issue. Please don't mind, It's my personal comments. :mrgreen:

And for Chipsang, Darkforce1 and Amarbir (As all of them are Indian)......
Happy Raho Ever !
(As one of my Indian friend always says....) :)