All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what did i do wrong?
PostPosted: November 8th, 2007, 18:00 

i have a wd drive and i need the data from the hard drive. the model is wd2500JB-00REA0 and the first problem is the electronic board.
so i fix the pcb and the drive start to knock(the pcb is ok now tried 2-3 pcb's to verify that)
my first option was for smart hot swap. i found the donor drive that is the same model with the same head con. 0,1,2,3,4,5
my first atempt
i started with the donor drive hit the sleep button change the pcb to the pacient drive and hit the read id button and copy all the SA modules from the pacient drive.
i have started again with the donor rewrite modules 31,32,33,34(modules read from the pacient) and tryed the hot swap butt this time the pacient drive don't start (can't read id the drive soaunds like a bee for 1 minutes and after that starts knocking)
my second atempt
rewrite to the donor the modules 31.32,33,34 and adaptives modules (modules from 41 to 4A) from the pacient drive to the donor and tried again the hot swap. now the pacient start's , i can read sa butt i can't read user data( all sectors are bad AMN)

so what can y do tho acces the users data?
what do i have to do next?

Post subject: Re: what did i do wrong?
PostPosted: November 9th, 2007, 7:35 

nobody knows? :(

PostPosted: November 9th, 2007, 12:05 

:( not even starling?

PostPosted: November 9th, 2007, 12:36 

Mulan,

I would try to just copy the plist, clear the glist, and do a translator regeneration.
Then copy adaptives, and then perform hot-swap.

Normally, copying the translator modules should be just as good, but just give it a try. Perhaps this works.

Best regards,

Dobre

Datarecovery in Belgium, Holland, France and Germany
Datarecoverytools http://www.drtools.eu

PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 12:06 

thanks for the answer Dobre butt still it dos not work. all the sectors are bad after the hot swap.
i really don't know what is wrong because all the modules of the "pacient" drive are good and i have looked especially at pn: 31,32,33,34 and the adaptives 40,41,42,43,49,4A all are ok
any suggestion will be very appreciated
thanks

PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 13:24 

Did you try to read by different heads?
Maybe some of them are bad?

PostPosted: November 14th, 2007, 6:16 

thanks starling for the advice butt the heads are fine( i already try to read by different heads)
my problems is with the adaptive modules, i can read all modules from the patient drive butt only 40,41 and 49 are fine , 42,43 and 4A have header corruption. so i fix the header of this 3 modules using pc3k utility butt no luck. if i write 40,41,42,43 and 49 from patient to donor i get all sectors bad( readiness timeout) if i write also the module 4A i get all sectors bad (ABR error)
the module 4A from the patient has even a different size that the one taken from the donor. it has 9 in decimal and the module from the donor(and other dives compatible) have the size 4 in decimal.
i have tried to write only adaptive modules 40,41,42,43 and 49 and like i say before i get all sectors bad (readiness timeout) but i have tried to write 10 sectors at the end of the drive and then i have read them. after the write operation the 10 sectors are good so my logical guess is that all the sectors have logical bad's
what can i do? except hdd regenerator (it will take 25 days to finish the job)

PostPosted: November 29th, 2007, 5:07 

i guess the first thing is "rom" on the malfunction pcb
i dont believe the accident will born the rom and ruin the SA at same time ,and he has also confirmed that all modules are ok.
not:so i fix the pcb and the drive start to knock(the pcb is ok now tried 2-3 pcb's to verify that):
that means the head map stored in rom on new pcb is different from the one reserved in ROM_SA,so try to solder the original one from bad pcb to replacement,or overwite the romcode on replacement with the original one directly.