All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PC3000 UDMA database
PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 7:00 

Hi all.
just getting started with the PC3000 UDMA and have a question about the databse for firmware etc, the initial list supplied to me from ACE had about 200 differnet hard drives on it and so i am expecting a databse that is rather large for firmware etc to aid with the repair of the drives, after the installation of all the software etcon to the pc, i dont seem to have this database, my questions are
should there be a databse supplied or is it obtained from the personal box?
should this databse be quite large and contain the firmware for all the drives that was initialy supplied on the list?
looking at the files section of the HDDguru forum i can see a section for PC3000 udma that is small as it si a new product and has to grow, can the pc3000 database be used or does it need to be converted to use with the udma version?

please bear with me as i am learning the product and some of these questions may seem a bit silly to some, i assumed that if for example i have a WD hard drive that tests to have corroupted firmware i thought i wouold be able to use the utilites for the particular drive and reload the firmware from the database to aid with the recovery of thedata on the drive?
thank you for all your help

Post subject: Re: PC3000 UDMA database
PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 8:21 

Hi Crecomp,

You can import the database from pc3k; the program for that should be supplied or you can use your personal update box.
In your personal update box you will also find a large library of disk drives you can download and import into the database.

For repairing the SA of a WD, you must first check that the corrupt modules are not proprietary to the drive itself. Only overwrite modules after you backed up everything and are sure that the modules from another WD model are compatible.

Good luck,

Dobre

Datarecovery in Belgium, Holland, France and Germany
Datarecoverytools http://www.drtools.eu

Post subject: Re: PC3000 UDMA database
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2007, 15:55 

Hi
Could U help me! to Send The information about Pc3000 windows.
I ned it, and I wan to buy it.
I am fride, if I buy it in a wrong place. So I hope there are someone will be willing to help me.
I'll be praying for u to get succesfull of u r bussines