All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...

Post subject: BS companys
PostPosted: November 29th, 2009, 0:04 

There are all kind of companys in Data Recovery. I found from Taiwan a one that according to their internet page looks so professional but they are really BS. When I at first saw their list of used tools I was amazed. They looked so cool. Closer look and a little investigation it turned out that all their tools (exept Class 10 Clean Bench) has nothing to do with Data Recovery. The companys name is Linwei Technology Ltd. They most likely have gotten a lot of tools from some old Hard Disk manufacturer and now they are presenting them as high tech toosl. What they realy are good for is to start manyfacturing retro HDD:s ;) Check their pages http://www.linwei.com.tw/en/equipment.html and see fo your self.

Post subject: Re: BS companys
PostPosted: December 4th, 2009, 10:39 

well well, that machines are used from factoryi m know ,but some tools are used on DR field too , to understand that u need to understood hdd´s are engineering piece, that doesnt means u will beput all bad disks wich u get on there, and u get data, like " magic" , that will understod only by experience people called " gurus"

Regards