All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: HP HD (WD disk with SATA-USB adapter) -remove virtual CD-ROM
PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 13:08 

drc wrote:
Did you try this software from the utilities page like I suggested?

http://download.wdc.com/smartware/WDSma ... .0.8.3.zip

yes, it does not recognize the adapter(with the hard disk)

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 14:20 

Steve wrote:
gaucho wrote:
ok, i will try to disconnect the clock pin, but i found this article
www . dedoimedo . com / computers / passport-vcd . html
that points to this HP tool
files . extremeoverclocking . com / file . php ? f=197

What do you think if i try to use this tool?
Thank you.
Gaucho.

Follow the directions that you found there . don't worry about
updating firmware, and don't worry about the usb adapter.
The usb adapter works with any sata 2-1/2 drive (even non wd)
And the drive is a standard sata drive that happens to have a
hidden partition.

And Frank, sometimes you make things appear harder than they are.

Is Steve some kind of BOT ?
which link i have to follow to update firmwarE? my product is not WD, it's HP.

I removed one more time the disk from the case and directly connected to SATA bus of PC.
I can see with GPARTED an unallocated disk with size 298,09GB
i can format it using NTFS.
No virtual disk visibile.

When i connect the disk to the adapter and the adapter to the PC via USB, i find a V-CD with the 2 files in it (total size of CD 905216 Byte, with 567296 Byte of files) and a unallocated disk with size 297,43GB
i can format it using NTFS, obtaining a disk of 297,43GB (note that going in disk properties i found a size of 319.362.912.256 Bytes)

I understand that adapter encripts partitions (Hard disk partition and V-CD partition)

Note: I always do a fast format, not the slow one.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 14:39 

Your product might be in a HP case , but it is a WD drive and usb
adapter.
Connect the drive back up to the usb adapter, run the software at
Follow the directions at http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/passport-vcd.html
And the hidden vcd will be gone.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 15:52 

Steve wrote:
Follow the directions that you found there . don't worry about
updating firmware, and don't worry about the usb adapter.
The usb adapter works with any sata 2-1/2 drive (even non wd)
And the drive is a standard sata drive that happens to have a
hidden partition.

And Frank, sometimes you make things appear harder than they are.

Steve, things are harder than you think.

I don't believe HP's tool can write to the VCD. In fact the OP in your link appears to have fooled himself by first hiding the VCD using WD's tool. After reformatting, he then claims that an increase in the reported size of the user partition is evidence that the VCD's data area has been reclaimed. In fact prior to the reformat, Windows shows a WD SmartWare volume of size 615 MB. Afterwards he claims that an increase in the user area from 595.51GB to 595.52GB is evidence that the VCD is gone. Clearly his arithmetic is poor.

595.52GB - 595.51GB = 0.01GB = 10MB

So where are the other 605 MB?

In Gaucho's case the label on his drive shows a capacity of 625142448 LBAs. However, after connecting the drive directly via SATA, the OS reports a capacity of 319362912256 bytes.

The difference, in sectors, is ...

625142448 - (319362912256 / 512) = 1386760

... which is close to the figure stated by DR-Kiev.

The difference, in bytes, is 710 MB.

I wonder whether the VCD partition is actually visible to disc utilities, or if it is hidden in a HPA. To this end, it would be interesting to see how many LBAs are reported by the software.

AIUI, Gaucho's problem is that the HP drive enumerates as a multifunction device, first as a VCD, and then as a USB mass storage device. Windows can handle this, but his TV media player cannot. To prevent the drive from identifying as a VCD, the VCD needs to be disabled in the bridge chip's firmware. This is apparently how WD's firmware updates tackle the issue.

BTW, I believe you can hide the VCD in Windows merely by disabling the VCD device in Device Manager.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 16:12 

fzabkar wrote:
AIUI, Gaucho's problem is that the HP drive enumerates as a multifunction device, first as a VCD, and then as a USB mass storage device. Windows can handle this, but his TV media player cannot. To prevent the drive from identifying as a VCD, the VCD needs to be disabled in the bridge chip's firmware. This is apparently how WD's firmware updates tackle the issue.

BTW, I believe you can hide the VCD in Windows merely by disabling the VCD device in Device Manager.

Everything I have seen on the WD site, actually reinstalls the VCD
manager.
I have one of these wd usb/sata adapters in my hand, and it will
properly read a non vcd'd drive without problem, So all that is
needed is to remove the hidden partition from the drive.
If the Hp tool doesn't work, we can dig deeper, but there is nothing
to lose in trying.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 16:18 

Like i said before , there is in the end of physical drive locate HFS boot loader partition, wich contains VCD. It is not encrypted. Via USB you couldn't see that sectors. Its locked.

Inic1607E was programmed for using this "loader" for mount and decrypting main partition.

BTW. Open physical drive with WinHex jump on to that sectors in the end and you will see all you need.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 17:49 

Steve wrote:
Your product might be in a HP case , but it is a WD drive and usb
adapter.
Connect the drive back up to the usb adapter, run the software at
Follow the directions at http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/passport-vcd.html
And the hidden vcd will be gone.

@steve: may be u jumped some posts: I tried thet tool without success.
the tool formats the disk but the cd is always there.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 18:01 

DR-Kiev wrote:
Like i said before , there is in the end of physical drive locate HFS boot loader partition, wich contains VCD. It is not encrypted. Via USB you couldn't see that sectors. Its locked.

Inic1607E was programmed for using this "loader" for mount and decrypting main partition.

BTW. Open physical drive with WinHex jump on to that sectors in the end and you will see all you need.

i connected the disk directy to a sata bus, and i used gparted live to watch disk partitions.
the disk has no partition.

the same disk used with the SATA-USB adapter, has a V-CD and a NTFS partition.

how you explain this?
i think that things are different than what you wrote.
i think that initio chip in the adapter, encripts partition, and doesn't allow you clear see the partition when the disk is directly connected to PC.

INITIO doesn't answer my questions, resellers do the same..
i will try to disconnect flash data pin..

PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 18:16 

gaucho wrote:
i connected the disk directy to a sata bus, and i used gparted live to watch disk partitions.

gparted is seeing an encrypted MBR. That's why it is telling you that there is nothing there.

Use a disc editor such as WinHex or HxD to view the first two sectors.

HxD - Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor:
http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

I believe LBA 1 should have a repeating pattern of 16-bytes (128 bits). These will be encrypted zeros.

Use HxD to examine the end of the physical drive (not logical drive). Note the number of the last sector. That should tell you the visible capacity of the physical drive.

gaucho wrote:

Use HxD to view the same sectors. This time you will see an unencrypted HD partition, but not the VCD.

Alternatively, you could Microsoft's Sector Inspector:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/SecInspect.zip

Extract the above archive to the one folder and execute the SIrun.bat file. The procedure will generate a report file named SIout.txt.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2011, 12:46 

fzabkar wrote:
gaucho wrote:

gparted is seeing an encrypted MBR. That's why it is telling you that there is nothing there.

Use a disc editor such as WinHex or HxD to view the first two sectors.

HxD - Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor:
mh-nexus . de / en / hxd /

I believe LBA 1 should have a repeating pattern of 16-bytes (128 bits). These will be encrypted zeros.

Use HxD to examine the end of the physical drive (not logical drive). Note the number of the last sector. That should tell you the visible capacity of the physical drive.

gaucho wrote:

Use HxD to view the same sectors. This time you will see an unencrypted HD partition, but not the VCD.

Alternatively, you could Microsoft's Sector Inspector:
www . users . on . net / ~fzabkar / SecInspect.zip

Extract the above archive to the one folder and execute the SIrun.bat file. The procedure will generate a report file named SIout.txt.

here what i did:
-i realized a bootable bartPe with HxD (portable) on it (just because i don't want to install anything on this pc)

-i connected the disk with the adapter and saved the sector 0 (annexed file sector0withAdapter), sector 1 (annexed file sector1withAdapter) and the last sector (sector 623769599) (annexed file sector623769599withAdapter)

-i connected the disk without adapter and saved the sector 0 (annexed file sector0withoutAdapter), sector 1 (annexed file sector1withoutAdapter) and the last sector (sector 625142447) (annexed file sector625142447withoutAdapter)

some observations:
1)
sector one with adapter, is composed by repeating sequenze ( this is the sequence: 96 6C F5 0F 30 E9 74 2D 2F 43 EF BE 2C F2 18 92 )

sector one with hard disk directly connected to PC is composed by zeros.

2)
sector zero is in clear if readed with the adapter.
sector zero is cyphered if readed directly on the hard disk.

3)
with adapter the size of the hard disk reduces by 1372848 bytes (that is near to the size of the V-CD)

what can i do now?
did you have more deductions?

Attachments:
hard disk read.zip [2.24 KiB]
Downloaded 1734 times

PostPosted: February 9th, 2011, 14:47 

now that i know where the 2 partitions are, could i invert the partition order?
i mean: how could i let my TV media player see the 319GB partition as the first detected one?

other solutions?

PostPosted: February 9th, 2011, 23:30 

The first anomaly I'd like to clear up in my mind is in regard to the slight differences in the user area before and after formatting.

Your hex dump of sector623769599withAdapter is of the last sector of the physical drive that is visible via the bridge. It shows a backup copy of an NTFS boot sector which belongs to a partition beginning at sector 63 (= 0x3F) and whose size is 623769537 (= 0x252DF7C0 + 1) sectors. This is consistent with a user area of 623769600 sectors, as per the drive's original format.

Your hex dump of sector0withAdapter is the result of the latest reformat. It shows a partition table with a single NTFS partition beginning at sector 63 and whose size is 623755692 (= 0x252DC1AC) sectors. Therefore the total user area now appears to be 623755755 sectors. This is 13845 sectors less than the previous figure. It also corresponds to about 7.1 MB of lost disc space.

This difference can be accounted for if we assume that your formatting utility ends a partition on a cylinder boundary. A logical track has 63 logical sectors, and a logical cylinder has 255 logical tracks or heads. Dividing the user capacity by 63 x 255 should give us an integral number of cylinders, ie ...

623755755 / (255 x 63) = 38827

Therefore, it would appear that the discrepancy in the formatted capacity of 7.1MB is due solely to the formatting methodology, and corresponds to the size of the last partial cylinder. This also accounts for the 0.01GB difference observed by the blogger at Steve's URL.

As for the question of whether you could force your TV media player to see the USB mass storage device before the VCD device, I don't believe this would be possible. Dr-Kiev cautions you not to touch the VCD data area, as this is necessary for the INIC-1607E's encryption function. Having said that, I don't understand why your VCD now has a capacity of only 1MB, nor do I understand why your hardware encryption is still functional, if after reformatting in SATA mode, you have overwritten the VCD data area. :?

If OTOH you have not touched the VCD area, and if you wish to observe how the device behaves in the absence of the VCD data, then you could clone those sectors (623769600 - 625142447) to a backup drive (or CD) before zeroing them, or you could try substituting a regular SATA drive that has been zero-filled.

I believe your only plausible solution is to force one of WD's utilities to update the firmware of the Initio bridge. Perhaps you could use Microsoft's UVCView to see how your HP device identifies itself, compare that to a My Book or Passport drive, and then edit an appropriate file in the update package (but not the firmware image itself).

BTW, if you don't need hardware encryption, then you could buy a third party enclosure.

References:

UVCView:
http://www.users.on. net/~fzabkar/USB_IDs/UVCView.x86.exe

The Windows 2000/XP MBR:
http://mirror.href.com/thestarman/asm/mbr/Win2kmbr.htm

The NTFS Boot Record: Boot Sector:
http://mirror.href.com/thestarman/asm/mbr/NTFSBR.htm

PostPosted: February 10th, 2011, 11:32 

why can't I edit my previous posts!????
i wrote wrong sentence:

i wrote:
gaucho wrote:
3)
with adapter the size of the hard disk reduces by 1372848 bytes (that is near to the size of the
V-CD)

I was in error, because that difference is in sectors, not in bytes.
infact 1372848 (SECTORS) * 512= 702898176 (Bytes)

i copied hard disk sectors from sector 623769600 to sector 625142447
In these sectors i found the files contained in the CD-ROM (not encrypted!!): HPLauncher.exe and
Autorun.inf
I even converted these sectors to string, and i found some readable strings:
Code:
ER   æ PM       CDEveryWhere 2.0 Part. Map  Apple_partition_map    2010021122420400
2010021122420400 2020020922420400 2010021122420400  KATHLEEN MUSITELLI, WESTERN DIGITAL (5)
Cp1252
CDEveryWhere 2.0, Build 67CD001 CDEVERYWHEREHPLAUNCHER  ºº     

"     n *      WESTERN DIGITAL KATHLEEN MUSITELLI 2010021122420400
2010021122420400 2020020922420400 2010021122420400  KATHLEEN MUSITELLI, WESTERN DIGITAL (5)
Cp1252
CDEveryWhere 2.0, Build 67CD001  C D E V E R Y W H E R E H P   L a u n c h e r  ºº%/@   

"     n *       W E S T E R N   D I G I T A L   K A T H L E E N   M U S I T E L L
I   2010021122420400 2010021122420400 2020020922420400 2010021122420400  KATHLEEN MUSITELLI,
WESTERN DIGITAL (5)
Cp1252
CDEveryWhere 2.0, Build 67ÿCD001 ˆ     n *      SP¾ï RRPX$ÿAAÿ  TFn *
n * n * CE  í  íf     n *     RRPX$ÿAAÿ  TFn * n * n *
ERí
T‡RRIP_1991ATHE ROCK RIDGE INTERCHANGE PROTOCOL PROVIDES SUPPORT FOR POSIX FILE SYSTEM
SEMANTICSPLEASE CONTACT DISC PUBLISHER FOR SPECIFICATION SOURCE.  SEE PUBLISHER IDENTIFIER IN
PRIMARY VOLUME DESCRIPTOR FOR CONTACT INFORMATION.         "     n *      "   
 n *     B ¥  ¥      m.2    H P L a u n c h e r . e x e ; 1 < h  h  m8:   
 a u t o r u n . i n f ; 1                            %   ð   ìð   ø ø x    ÿ
   HP Launcher   Çš8CÇš8C|%°€à     HP Launcher
Desktop DB    BTFLDMGRA     à  à   Çš8CÇš8C|%°€  Y <Çš8CÇš8C|%°€  DesktopPrinters DB  
dtpldcdcA  Çš8CÇš8C|%°€ œ f     % HP Launcher   %
Desktop DF b 8    ÿ   
Desktop DF    FTFLDMGRA        Çš8CÇš8C|%°€  W DesktopPrinters DB    dtpldcdcA
Çš8CÇš8C|%°€  †        @   ?€   ø ø x    [autorun]
open=HPLauncher.exe                     %   ð   îÀ   ø ø x ÿ   atcoatcoþ   $ MZ
      ÿÿ  ¸   @   ø   º ´   Í!¸LÍ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.
$   (K‘€l*ÿÓl*ÿÓl*ÿÓ¯%
Ój*ÿÓ¯%¢Ó{*ÿÓl*þÓ³+ÿÓKì‚Ó{*ÿÓKì’Óø*ÿÓKì‘Ó*ÿÓKìÓn*ÿÓKìƒÓm*ÿÓKì‡Óm*ÿÓRichl*ÿÓPE  L ÷Jà  
°  à n¯      À   @          à    °z                 dI  Ä    àï @À ”
Œ @   .text    ¡     °   `.rdata  `c   À  p   À @  @.data   x]   0  0 @  À.rsrc   dI
  P  P @  @jÿhx­A d¡PƒìX¡Ì:B 3ĉD$TSUVW¡Ì:B 3ÄPD$ld£jDèµ  ƒÄ‹ðVÿüÁA ‹F ·8·ÏQh,ïA
T$\jRèHŸ  ƒÄD$TPÿôÁA ƒø…g  3Û3ÀëI ·ˆÈïA f‰ˆðyB ƒÀf;Ëuê‹-ðÁA 3ö‹ÿWèj  ¸ðyB
ƒÄPf‹ƒÀf;Ëuõ+ÂÑøuh¸   ÿՃƃþ|ϸðyB P¤$f‹ƒÀf;Ëuõ+ÂÑø„é   3öè´  ·øf;ûuh¸
ÿՃƃþ|äèØ  3É;ÕÁ;Ëu
h@ €è£
  ‹‹È‹B ÿЃÀ‰D$·Ïh8ïA QT$h`ïA R‰œ$„   èä  j<D$,SPègÆ  ‹t$0ƒÄL$QÇD$<   ÇD$  
‰\$$ÇD$(lïA ‰t$,‰\$0‰\$4ÇD$8
   ‰\$<ÿ8ÂA ‹T$PRÿìÁA FðÇD$tÿÿÿÿH ƒÊÿðÁJ…Ò
‹‹P‹BÿÐ3À‹L$ld‰
Y_^][‹L$T3ÌèW£  ƒÄd ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ́ìì  ¡Ì:B 3ĉ„$è  ·„$ð  VWPhxïA Œ$È   j(3ÿQ‰|$ è_
ƒÄWWjWWW”$Ø   RÇD$@ÿÿÿÿ‰|$<‰|$DÿàÁA ‹ðƒþÿt"WD$Pj L$,QWWh€- VÿÜÁA VÿìÁA jWWh¸îA ÿÂA
‹ðƒþÿ‰t$„i  UT$XRWh¸îA W½   V‰l$lÿ0ÂA …À„<  S‹ÂA ‹D$ƒÇ…Àt   Pè_   ƒÄ‹t$ j D$(Pj j
L$lQVÇD$<ÿÓ…ÀuÿèÁA ƒøz…Ù  ‹T$$Rèý   ‹ÈƒÄ…ɉL$„Ó  Ç 
3À‰D$D‰D$H‰D$L‰D$P‰D$T‰D$XD$@P‹D$(T$(RPQL$lQV‰l$XÿÓ…À„z
‹T$3ÀPPjPPPƒÂRÇD$Tÿÿÿÿ‰D$P‰D$XÿàÁA ‹ðƒþÿt%j D$ Pj L$@Qj j h€- VÿÜÁA VÿìÁA ‹T$,;T$8u
COleException   <ÄA
   ÿÿ  ÔÄA ¤ðA d"@ _$@ ¾#@ &@ $@  &@ CInvalidArgExceptionCNotSupportedException
CMemoryExceptionCException  ÈÄA    ÿÿ  ,ÆA ´ÄA   ÿÿ  ÔÄA œÄA   ÿÿ  ÔÄA „ÄA   ÿÿ  ÔÄA `ñA
’&@ ™'@ ¾#@ &@ F'@  &@ ðñA ˜&@ ¶'@ ¾#@ &@ F'@  &@ DòA ž&@ Ó'@ ¾#@ &@ F'@  &@ ˜òA ö'@ 1(@ >(@
¸(@ m(@ CObject D e l e t e N o R e m o v e F o r c e R e m o v e   V a l   B   D   M   S   ÆA
ÆA  ÆA üÅA ôÅA ÜÅA ÈÅA ¸ÅA °ÅA    ÿÿ  % s   ( % s : % d ) % s   ( % s : % d )
% s   Exception thrown in destructor  f:\sp\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\src\mfc\auxdata.cpp 
LóA >.@ ÌóA ƒ.@ ôA ©3@ dôA Ê/@ °ôA Ê/@ c o m c t l 3 2 . d l l  õA Ê/@ c o m d l g 3 2 . d l l
PõA ©3@  õA s<@ CArchiveException   LÇA    ÿÿ  ÔÄA ìõA &B@ 'C@ ¾#@ &@ ,B@  &@ CMapPtrToPtr˜ÇA  
ÿÿ  ,ÆA <öA ÂG@ ¤H@ ¾#@ CByteArray  ÀöA }I@ MK@ ºJ@ CCmdTarget  ÿÿÿüÇA (7B ,7B ÿ,ÈA 07B èîA  
ÿÿÿÿ`ÈA ÿÿÿÿxÈA ˆÈA    ðÇA ÿÿ  ,ÆA ÈÈA
÷A ›Q@ *R@ T@ ŸR@ T÷A SV@ CWndÿÿÿÿA f x W n d 8 0 s u A f x C o n t r o l B a r 8 0 s u   A f x
M D I F r a m e 8 0 s u   A f x F r a m e O r V i e w 8 0 s u A f x O l e C o n t r o l 8 0 s u 
A f x O l d W n d P r o c 4 2 3 pÈA ÉA üÈA T   ÿÿ  Nv@ ¤ÈA GetMonitorInfoA GetMonitorInfoW
EnumDisplayDevicesW EnumDisplayMonitors MonitorFromPointMonitorFromRect MonitorFromWindow 
GetSystemMetricsU S E R 3 2 DISPLAY a c c P a r e n t   a c c C h i l d C o u n t   a c c C h i l
d a c c N a m e   a c c V a l u e a c c D e s c r i p t i o n a c c R o l e   a c c S t a t e a c
c H e l p   a c c H e l p T o p i c a c c K e y b o a r d S h o r t c u t   a c c F o c u s a c c
S e l e c t i o n a c c D e f a u l t A c t i o n a c c S e l e c t   a c c L o c a t i o n   a c
c N a v i g a t e   a c c H i t T e s t a c c D o D e f a u l t A c t i o n œ÷A |j@ Äj@ ª
8›qϝ}z¡·@1%‚h„i€ÈøA çi@ InitCommonControls  InitCommonControlsExHtmlHelpW   hhctrl.ocx  TüA
ٍ@ ±@ §@ 4Œ@ 9Œ@ @üA »@ ύ@ ō@ y‡@ \úA r@ G@ T@ ÷‡@ ˆ@ ȇ@ ‡@ ì‚@ ƒ@ Jƒ@ Šƒ@ ʃ@
„@ J„@ Š„@ Ê„@
…@ R…@ ’…@ Á…@ ð…@ 0†@ b†@ º†@ ý†@ 3‡@ a‡@ a‡@ ‹@ lÎA       \ÎA    ¬ÏA    ¼ÏA     À  F
À  F# 3 2 7 6 8 f:\sp\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\include\afxwin2.inl   ÑP@  ÐA 8     à{@ 3   
à{@ 5     à{@ 4     à{@ 6     à{@ 2     à{@ 7     à{@    #   Ü|@ +   .   tˆ@ ,   . 
ó€@       ~@ 9   /   ±ˆ@ !     Æ}@   *   ¥}@   *   ¥}@ -   .   Ûˆ@ / 
   È€@ . 
   È€@ ‚      rz@      •‚@    ‹@    ,   F‹@ S      ÿ|@    -   øš@       7z@ n   
Sj@ ~      ‘‹@  À  ØiB ‚@ =      i}@ c o m m c t r l _ D r a g L i s t M s g CGdiObject  CDC
CUserException  CResourceException  <ÓA   ÿÿ  ÔÄA ,ÓA   ÿÿ  ÔÄA (ÓA    ÿÿ  @¦@ ,ÆA ÓA  
ÿÿ  a¦@ ,ÆA hüA j£@ ¬¦@ ¾#@ &@ F'@  &@ ¼üA p£@ ɦ@ ¾#@ &@ F'@  &@ ýA |£@ ú©@ ¾#@ \ýA v£@ t¨@
¾#@ A¢@ K¢@ U¢@ Z¢@ _¢@ ¢@ ¨@ ̨@ ΢@ ý¢@ ,£@ º¤@ ÷¤@ 4¥@ q¥@ º¥@ ÷¥@ Z£@ –£@ ª£@ º£@ Ö£@ û£@
3¤@ O¤@ n¤@ ž¤@ f:\sp\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\include\afxwin1.inl   CMenu   ¼ÔA    ÿÿ  ®ª@
,ÆA ¨ýA šª@ ¹«@ ¾#@ ¾#@ ¾#@ ÿÿÿÿôýA oµ@ csmà   “ªØ@ ¯á@ ¯á@ CorExitProcess  mscoree.dll
runtime error 
  TLOSS error
   SING error
DOMAIN error
  R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
  R6033
- Attempt to use MSIL code from this assembly during native code initialization
This indicates a bug in your application. It is most likely the result of calling an
MSIL-compiled (/clr) function from a native constructor or from DllMain.
  R6032
- not enough space for locale information
  R6031
- Attempt to initialize the CRT more than once.
This indicates a bug in your application.
  R6030
- CRT not initialized
  R6028
- unable to initialize heap
R6027
- not enough space for lowio initialization
R6026
- not enough space for stdio initialization
R6025
- pure virtual function call
   R6024
- not enough space for _onexit/atexit table
R6019
- unable to open console device
R6018
- unexpected heap error
R6017
- unexpected multithread lock error
R6016
- not enough space for thread data

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
   R6009
- not enough space for environment
R6008
- not enough space for arguments
   R6002
- floating point support not loaded
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

... <program name unknown>  Runtime Error!

Program:.mixcrt EncodePointer   KERNEL32.DLLDecodePointer   FlsFree FlsSetValue FlsGetValue
FlsAlloc°tB uB A <þA 3A ã^A bad exception   e+000  À~PA   €ÿÿGAIsProcessorFeaturePresent 
KERNEL32InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount   kernel32.dllSunMonTueWedThuFriSat 
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecGetProcessWindowStation GetUserObjectInformationA 
GetLastActivePopup  GetActiveWindow MessageBoxA USER32.DLL     

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~ = 
( n u l l ) (null)         EEE50 P( 8PX 700WP`h````  xpxxxx        
€€†€€  †€†‚€EEE………  00€P€ˆ  ('8PW€  700PPˆ(€ˆ€€   `h`hhhxppwpp    Complete
Object Locator'Class Hierarchy Descriptor' Base Class Array'   Base Class Descriptor at (  Type
Descriptor'   `local static thread guard' `managed vector copy constructor iterator'  `vector
vbase copy constructor iterator'`vector copy constructor iterator'  `dynamic atexit destructor
for '`dynamic initializer for '  `eh vector vbase copy constructor iterator' `eh vector copy
constructor iterator'   `managed vector destructor iterator'`managed vector constructor iterator' 
`placement delete[] closure'`placement delete closure'  `omni callsig'   delete[]new[]  `local
vftable constructor closure' `local vftable' `RTTI   `EH `udt returning' `copy constructor
closure'  `eh vector vbase constructor iterator'  `eh vector destructor iterator' `eh vector
constructor iterator'`virtual displacement map'  `vector vbase constructor iterator' `vector
destructor iterator'`vector constructor iterator'   `scalar deleting destructor'`default
constructor closure'   `vector deleting destructor'`vbase destructor'  `string'`local static
guard'`typeof'`vcall' `vbtable'   `vftable'   ^=  |=  &=  <<= >>= %=  /=  -=  +=  *=  ||  &&  | 
^   ~   ()  ,   >=  >   <=  <   %   /   ->* &   +   -   --  ++  *   ->  operator[]  !=  ==  ! 
<<  >>   delete  new__unaligned __restrict  __ptr64 __clrcall   __fastcall  __thiscall  __stdcall 
__pascal__cdecl __based(¨ãA  ãA ”ãA ˆãA |ãA pãA dãA \ãA PãA DãA BÝA ˆÞA lÞA XÞA 8ÞA ÞA <ãA 4ãA
@ÝA 0ãA ,ãA (ãA $ãA  ãA ãA ãA
!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~€
‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™š›œžŸ
¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ€
‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™š›œžŸ
¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ{|}~€
‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™š›œžŸ
¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿHH
:mm:ssdddd, MMMM dd, yyyy MM/dd/yyPM  AM  DecemberNovemberOctober September   August
JulyJuneApril   March   FebruaryJanuary Dec Nov Oct Sep Aug Jul Jun May Apr Mar Feb Jan
SaturdayFriday  ThursdayWednesday   Tuesday Monday  Sunday  Sat Fri Thu Wed Tue Mon Sun 1#QNAN
1#INF   1#IND   1#SNAN  CONOUT$ cõS¿¶Ð”ò  Éû‹cõS¿¶Ð”ò  Éû‹À  F  À  FY/¶(eÑ–  ø

à=L9o<ҁ{ ÀOyz·OLEACC.dll  % C : \ : \ H P S i m p l e S a v e . e x e % c % s o p e n \ \ . \ %
C :   u s b s t o r   U S B S T O R \ D I S K s b p 2 % s bad allocation  H   Ì:B ÐþA & 
RSDS²=¬ú}A¬É|š ýð   c:\Documents and Settings\tan_y\My Documents\My
Projects\Apollo\HPLauncher\release\HPLauncher.pdb   0B ¸ðA    ÈðA ØðA ôðA ,ñA
GetStartupInfoW TGetDriveTypeW VSleep 4 CloseHandle qGetLastError  xGetLogicalDrives  V
CreateFileW Š DeviceIoControl ÍlstrlenW  USizeofResource  eLockResource  WLoadResource  æ
FindResourceW \LocalFree ô FormatMessageW
GlobalUnlock  GlobalLock  øGlobalAlloc ÿGlobalFree  (SetLastError  uMultiByteToWideChar
”WideCharToMultiByte  GetProcAddress  ‚GetModuleHandleW  ,InterlockedIncrement
(InterlockedDecrement  èGetVersion  ~GetModuleFileNameW  ø FreeLibrary CGetCurrentProcessId
XLocalAlloc  QLeaveCriticalSection  eTlsGetValue ˜ EnterCriticalSection  GlobalReAlloc
GlobalHandle  #InitializeCriticalSection cTlsAlloc  fTlsSetValue _LocalReAlloc  
DeleteCriticalSection dTlsFree ÚGetThreadLocale ÁlstrcmpW  þGlobalFlags FGetCurrentThreadId
éGetVersionExA RLoadLibraryA  ULoadLibraryW  úGlobalDeleteAtom  üGlobalFindAtomW
÷GlobalAddAtomW  GetModuleHandleA  )InterlockedExchange ¤WriteFile SetFilePointer  î
FlushFileBuffers  BGetCurrentProcess HeapFree  HeapAlloc £GetProcessHeap  ×RtlUnwind
§RaiseException  HeapReAlloc HeapSize  ¹ ExitProcess JSetUnhandledExceptionFilter
¹GetStdHandle  }GetModuleFileNameA  ö FreeEnvironmentStringsA UGetEnvironmentStrings ÷
FreeEnvironmentStringsW WGetEnvironmentStringsW  GetCommandLineA GetCommandLineW
$SetHandleCount  fGetFileType ·GetStartupInfoA HeapDestroy HeapCreate  ƒVirtualFree
£QueryPerformanceCounter ßGetTickCount  ÊGetSystemTimeAsFileTime ^TerminateProcess
nUnhandledExceptionFilter  9IsDebuggerPresent VirtualAlloc  GetCPInfo ý GetACP  “GetOEMCP
?IsValidCodePage "GetConsoleCP  3GetConsoleMode  tGetLocaleInfoA  ºGetStringTypeA
½GetStringTypeW  DLCMapStringA  ELCMapStringW  7SetStdHandle  ™WriteConsoleA
5GetConsoleOutputCP  £WriteConsoleW S CreateFileA KERNEL32.dll  YGetSubMenu
2GetMenuItemCount  3GetMenuItemID 7GetMenuState  [GetSysColorBrush  ZGetSysColor *ReleaseDC
GetDC ]GetSystemMetrics  ½LoadCursorW ®UnhookWindowsHookEx æMessageBoxW Ä EnableWindow
®IsWindowEnabled (GetLastActivePopup  oGetWindowLongW  EGetParent @SendMessageW
{GetWindowThreadProcessId  zGetWindowTextW  ‡SetWindowTextW  PtInRect  ý GetClassNameW
tGetWindowRect GetDlgCtrlID  jGetWindow @ ClientToScreen  GetFocus  ÄValidateRect
PeekMessageW  !GetKeyState ¢ DispatchMessageW   CallNextHookEx  ‹SetWindowsHookExW
GetDlgItem  ­IsWindow  SetWindowLongW  ƒSetWindowPos  9 CheckMenuItem  EnableMenuItem
èModifyMenuW ¹LoadBitmapW .GetMenuCheckMarkDimensions  aSetMenuItemBitmaps
sGetWindowPlacement  ¦IsIconic  ™SystemParametersInfoA  CallWindowProcW  DefWindowProcW  J
CopyRect   AdjustWindowRectEx  RegisterClassW  ù GetClassInfoW ø GetClassInfoExW a
CreateWindowExW PostMessageW  ,GetMenu ÿ GetClientRect WSetForegroundWindow ÚMapWindowPoints
<GetMessagePos =GetMessageTime  ™ DestroyWindow cGetTopWindow  GetForegroundWindow
-RemovePropW KGetPropW  kSetPropW  û GetClassLongW ó GetCapture  ÒWinHelpW  ¿LoadIconW
(RegisterWindowMessageW  œTabbedTextOutW  ¿ DrawTextW ¾ DrawTextExW ~GrayStringW — DestroyMenu
PostQuitMessage USER32.dll  kGetDeviceCaps  DeleteObject  ' CreateBitmap  `GetClipBox
<SetTextColor  SetBkColor  SaveDC   RestoreDC +SetMapMode  ñPtVisible õRectVisible
OTextOutW  Þ ExtTextOutW Ô Escape  SelectObject  ?SetViewportOrgEx  ÕOffsetViewportOrgEx
>SetViewportExtEx  ScaleViewportExtEx  BSetWindowExtEx     ScaleWindowExtEx  Œ DeleteDC
¥GetStockObject  GDI32.dll  ClosePrinter  G DocumentPropertiesW ~ OpenPrinterW  WINSPOOL.DRV
ShellExecuteExW SHELL32.dll OLEAUT32.dll  4SetupDiGetClassDevsW  !SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces
HSetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetailW  y CM_Get_Parent 5 CM_Get_Child  N CM_Get_Device_IDW ‚
CM_Get_Sibling  SetupDiDestroyDeviceInfoList  SETUPAPI.dll  ³UnregisterClassA  ×!@  ÕA
.?AVCOleException@@  ÕA .?AVCException@@ ÕA .?AVCObject@@ÕA .PAVCOleException@@  ÕA
.PAVCException@@ ÕA .PAVCObject@@ÕA .PAX ÕA .PAVCMemoryException@@   ÕA .PAVCSimpleException@@ 
ÕA .PAVCInvalidArgException@@   ÕA .?AVCMemoryException@@   ÕA .?AVCSimpleException@@   ÕA
.?AVCNotSupportedException@@ ÕA .?AVCInvalidArgException@@  HÅA #ð  dÅA !ð  €ÅA %ð   ÕA
.?AVCAfxStringMgr@@  ÕA .?AUIAtlStringMgr@ATL@@  ÕA .?AUIUnknown@@   ÕA .?AV_AFX_THREAD_STATE@@
ÕA .?AVCNoTrackObject@@ ÕA .?AVAFX_MODULE_THREAD_STATE@@ÕA .?AVAFX_MODULE_STATE@@   ÕA
.?AVCDllIsolationWrapperBase@@   ÕA .?AVCComCtlWrapper@@ ÕA .?AVCCommDlgWrapper@@ÕA
.?AV_AFX_BASE_MODULE_STATE@@ ÕA .?AUCThreadData@@ÕA .PAVCArchiveException@@  ÕA
.?AVCArchiveException@@  ÕA .?AVCMapPtrToPtr@@   ÕA .?AVCCmdTarget@@ÔÇA    7K@ ,ÆA ¤QB  ÕA
.?AVCByteArray@@ÿÿ ÕA .?AVCCmdUI@@ ÕA
.?AVCHandleMap@@xìÿÿwìÿÿvìÿÿuìÿÿtìÿÿsìÿÿrìÿÿqìÿÿpìÿÿoìÿÿnìÿÿmìÿÿlìÿÿkìÿÿjìÿÿiìÿÿhìÿÿgìÿÿfìÿÿ¨ÊA
¼ÊA ØÊA ìÊA üÊA ËA 0ËA @ËA TËA dËA €ËA ¨ËA ¼ËA ØËA üËA ÌA (ÌA @ÌA XÌA  ÕA
.?AVXAccessible@CWnd@@   ÕA .?AVXAccessibleServer@CWnd@@ ÕA .?AVCWnd@@   ÕA .?AVCTestCmdUI@@ ÕA
.?AV_AFX_HTMLHELP_STATE@@ÕA .?AV?$IAccessibleProxyImpl@VCAccessibleProxy@ATL@@@ATL@@ ÕA
.?AUIAccessible@@ÕA .?AUIDispatch@@  ÕA .?AUIAccessibleProxy@@   ÕA
.?AV?$CMFCComObject@VCAccessibleProxy@ATL@@@@ÕA .?AVCAccessibleProxy@ATL@@   ÕA
.?AV?$CComObjectRootEx@VCComSingleThreadModel@ATL@@@ATL@@ÕA .?AVCComObjectRootBase@ATL@@ ÕA
.?AUIOleWindow@@ ÕA .?AVCResourceException@@ ÕA .?AVCUserException@@ ÕA .?AVCGdiObject@@ ÕA
.?AVCDC@@ÕA .?AVCMenu@@       ÌïA  ÕA .?AVtype_info@@ Næ@»±¿D                         

?AVbad_exception@std@@  ÕA .?AVexception@std@@ OgA OgA OgA OgA OgA OgA OgA OgA OgA OgA    €p   
ðñÿÿPST PDT °?B ð?B ÿÿ   ;   Z   x   —   µ   Ô   ó     0  N  m  ÿÿÿÿ   :   Y   w   –   ´ 
Ó   ò     /  M  l  \èA C      È@B È@B È@B È@B È@B       XJB XæA àêA `ìA ˜IB Ð@B    Ð@B
¸AB     abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz  ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz  ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ ¸AB ¤
`‚y‚!   ¦ß  ¡¥  Ÿàü@~€ü¨  Á£Ú£þ  @þ  µ  Á£Ú£þ  Aþ  ¶  Ï¢ä¢ å¢è¢[ þ  @~¡þQ  QÚ^Ú  _ÚjÚ2
ÓØÞàù  1~þ |B  |B                  þÿÿÿTÝA DÝA ÌïA  “XæA ZèA ˆîA „îA €îA |îA xîA tîA
pîA hîA `îA XîA LîA @îA 8îA ,îA (îA $îA  îA îA îA îA îA îA îA îA  îA üíA ôíA èíA àíA ØíA
îA ÐíA ÈíA ÀíA ´íA ¬íA  íA ”íA íA ŒíA €íA líA `íA         ˜IB .   TJB dyB dyB dyB dyB dyB dyB
dyB dyB dyB XJB    .        üÿÿ5       @   ÿ  €   ÿÿÿ         þÿÿÿþÿÿÿ  @ È@
ú@@œ @PÃ@$ô@   €–˜@¼¾@ ¿ÉŽ4@   ¡íÌÎÂÓN@ ðžµp+¨­Åi@Ð]ý%åŽOëƒ@q–וC)¯ž@ù¿
D큏‚¹@¿<Õ¦ÏÿIxÂÓ@oÆàŒé€ÉGº“¨A¼…kU'9÷pà|B¼ÝŽÞùûë~ªQC¡ævãÌò)/„&D(ªø®ãÅÄúDë§Ôó÷ëáJz•ÏEeÌÇ‘
¦® ã£F
e u†uvÉHMXB䧓9;5¸²íSM§å]=Å];‹ž’Zÿ]¦ð¡ ÀT¥Œ7aÑý‹Z‹Ø%]‰ùÛgª•øó'¿¢È]Ý€nLÉ›— ŠR`Ä%uÍÌÍÌÌÌÌÌÌÌû?q=
×£p=
×£ø?Zd;ßO—nƒõ?ÃÓ,eâX·Ññ?Ð#„GG¬Å§î?@¦¶il¯½7†ë?3=¼BzåÕ”¿Öç?ÂýýÎa„wÌ«ä?/L[áMľ”•æÉ?’ÄS;uD;
š¯?Þgº”9E­±Ï”?$#Æ⼺;1a‹z?aUYÁ~±S|»_?×î/¾’…ûD?$?¥é9¥'ê¨*?}¬¡ä¼d|FÐÝU>c{Ì#Twƒÿ‘=‘ú:zc%C1À
¬<!‰Ñ8‚G—¸
ý×;܈X±èㆦ;Æ„EB¶™u7Û.:3qÒ#Û2îIZ9¦‡¾ÀWÚ¥‚¦¢µ2âh²§RŸDY·,%Iä-64OS®Îk%Y¤ÀÞÂ}ûèÆžçˆZW‘<¿Pƒ
"NKebýƒ¯”}ä-ÞŸÎÒÈݦØ
   €D    € 0     O£A ÌïA 1¦A ¦A    
0  €   €  €   ˜  €   °  €     È  €   à  €   ø  €    €   ( €   @ €   X €   p €
 g   ˆ €       €     ¸ €       Р        à         ð                          
            0         @         P         `         p  €’ (  ä  ¨² ( ä  к ¨”
ä  xO (B  ä   ‘ ¨%  ä  H· ¨  ä  ðÇ ˆ     ä  xÑ h  ä  àÕ v   ä  XÖ ´  ä  Ù V 
ä  (      
   S t r i n g F i l e I n f o   î   0 4 0 9 0 4 b 0   R   F i l e D e s c r i p t i o n   
H P L a u n c h   A p p l i c a t i o n     6  F i l e V e r s i o n     1 ,   0 ,   0 ,   1   
2      I n t e r n a l N a m e   H P L a u n c h     J   L e g a l C o p y r i g h t   C o p y r
i g h t   ( C )   2 0 0 9     B
 O r i g i n a l F i l e n a m e   H P L a u n c h . e x e     J   P r o d u c t N a m e   
H P L a u n c h   A p p l i c a t i o n     :  P r o d u c t V e r s i o n   1 ,   0 ,   0 , 
1     D    V a r F i l e I n f o     $    T r a n s l a t i o n        °<assembly
xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
</assembly>PAPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADD
INGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDI
NGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDIN
GXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDING
XXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGX
XPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXX
PADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXP
ADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPA
DDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPAD
DINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADD
INGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDI
NGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDIN
GPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDING
PADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGP
ADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPA
DDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPAD
DINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADD
INGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADBDÇš8<Çš8=    ª©  =    HP
Launcher   €  à                WD%-ø %-øà  WDW+औ¢Os¬ŠòxÿÆíµcê
cB~¼gÇŠv+5׬3œZØà$üŸ'¡cVÚú*4ò–{äÎüpåL(ȼYÒ R|URˆÇ×/ŸºÆ¶…ܯ0YÆ+CNŽ4éBkZÒTD   
ù°(¸Þ‰è„Þ;(°#ÝÇánÿ3‡$ý‘.Êõ
¸§˜6ú·Ë
…øP½pãíóðy ¶ú`ém &Ù
õ”dê´ç\I   ¡ñʲqÚ¶ªL’)mÔe
nBÕ9••-%¸0äi˜í|!•Ž«®Ø£/}`³¥)2¾ÎÞåA½¿Öó‘Œô†±H›•H¿'
õÍ^'A÷÷ssMiÁ$|݁»Ÿ‡é—†Àž<‡­[æ¡Þ¹IÛ,FVX<8ôãÞýÕHPª
   zqæÐ?Öu¼b>dIì¤Én­„Rû°Ñk;®ê ZXDË2aÓ̪`
‹kh@Ô€£bq÷Ûl«ë)ú‚'wß(튼r,zïóG%l%èˆLNôZ‡H]w0¯µ$Üf£ÍBšö<'ùð]1ò:óz±q×s9úêÜ_“ÄFÉÅùEàRêø
WDH FPÿ ëRNTFS  ø? ÿ€ € ÿßB% ÿ-Tö  É‘+jŠú3ÀŽÐ¼ |ûhÀhf ˈ f> NTFSu´A»ªUÍr
ûUªu÷Á uéÒ ƒìh ´HŠ ‹ôÍŸƒÄžXrá; uÛ£ Á. Z3Û¹  +Èfÿ  ŽÂÿ è@ +Èwï¸
»Íf#Àu-fûTCPAu$ùrh»hph    fSfSfUh¸faÍéjf`f¡ f fhfPSh h ´BŠ
‹ôÍfY[ZfYfY‚ fÿ  ŽÂÿ u¼faà øè  ûè ëþ´‹ð¬< t   ´» ÍëòÃ
A disk read error occurred
BOOTMGR is missing
BOOTMGR is compressed
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
€²ÊUª

PostPosted: February 10th, 2011, 13:28 

removing from strings of my previous post the strings relative to the files (the files are the same visible inside virtual cd-rom when i use the usb adapter), the only interesting strings are at beginning of this hard disk area:

Code:
ER   æ PM       CDEveryWhere 2.0 Part. Map  Apple_partition_map    2010021122420400
Cp1252
CDEveryWhere 2.0, Build 67CD001 CDEVERYWHEREHPLAUNCHER  ºº     

"     n *      WESTERN DIGITAL KATHLEEN MUSITELLI 2010021122420400
Cp1252
CDEveryWhere 2.0, Build 67CD001  C D E V E R Y W H E R E H P   L a u n c h e r  ºº%/@   

"     n *       W E S T E R N   D I G I T A L   K A T H L E E N   M U S I T E L L
I   2010021122420400 2010021122420400 2020020922420400 2010021122420400  KATHLEEN MUSITELLI,
WESTERN DIGITAL (5)
Cp1252
CDEveryWhere 2.0, Build 67ÿCD001 ˆ     n *      SP¾ï RRPX$ÿAAÿ  TFn *
n * n * CE  í  íf     n *     RRPX$ÿAAÿ  TFn * n * n *
ERí
T‡RRIP_1991ATHE ROCK RIDGE INTERCHANGE PROTOCOL PROVIDES SUPPORT FOR POSIX FILE SYSTEM
SEMANTICSPLEASE CONTACT DISC PUBLISHER FOR SPECIFICATION SOURCE.  SEE PUBLISHER IDENTIFIER IN
PRIMARY VOLUME DESCRIPTOR FOR CONTACT INFORMATION.

and at the end:
Code:
BDÇš8<Çš8=    ª©  =    HP
Launcher   €  à                WD%-ø %-øà  WDW+औ¢Os¬ŠòxÿÆíµcê
cB~¼gÇŠv+5׬3œZØà$üŸ'¡cVÚú*4ò–{äÎüpåL(ȼYÒ R|URˆÇ×/ŸºÆ¶…ܯ0YÆ+CNŽ4éBkZÒTD   
ù°(¸Þ‰è„Þ;(°#ÝÇánÿ3‡$ý‘.Êõ
¸§˜6ú·Ë
…øP½pãíóðy ¶ú`ém &Ù
õ”dê´ç\I   ¡ñʲqÚ¶ªL’)mÔe
nBÕ9••-%¸0äi˜í|!•Ž«®Ø£/}`³¥)2¾ÎÞåA½¿Öó‘Œô†±H›•H¿'
õÍ^'A÷÷ssMiÁ$|݁»Ÿ‡é—†Àž<‡­[æ¡Þ¹IÛ,FVX<8ôãÞýÕHPª
   zqæÐ?Öu¼b>dIì¤Én­„Rû°Ñk;®ê ZXDË2aÓ̪`
‹kh@Ô€£bq÷Ûl«ë)ú‚'wß(튼r,zïóG%l%èˆLNôZ‡H]w0¯µ$Üf£ÍBšö<'ùð]1ò:óz±q×s9úêÜ_“ÄFÉÅùEàRêø
WDH FPÿ ëRNTFS  ø? ÿ€ € ÿßB% ÿ-Tö  É‘+jŠú3ÀŽÐ¼ |ûhÀhf ˈ f> NTFSu´A»ªUÍr
ûUªu÷Á uéÒ ƒìh ´HŠ ‹ôÍŸƒÄžXrá; uÛ£ Á. Z3Û¹  +Èfÿ  ŽÂÿ è@ +Èwï¸
»Íf#Àu-fûTCPAu$ùrh»hph    fSfSfUh¸faÍéjf`f¡ f fhfPSh h ´BŠ
‹ôÍfY[ZfYfY‚ fÿ  ŽÂÿ u¼faà øè  ûè ëþ´‹ð¬< t   ´» ÍëòÃ
A disk read error occurred
BOOTMGR is missing
BOOTMGR is compressed
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
€²ÊUª

now i'll try to zeroize unneded sectors (i have a backup of last 700MB sectors)

PostPosted: February 10th, 2011, 14:45 

In annexed you find sectors 623769600-623769601-623769602.
Do you understand anything?
i zeroized sectors from 623769601 to at least sector 623772531 and now reconnecting the USB adapter i can see the hard disk normally working (i can read and write) and a V-CD without name, with 0Bytes size and if i try to open it, it appears broken (error message on windows)

Attachments:
sectors623769600-623769601-623769602.zip [291 Bytes]
Downloaded 1466 times

PostPosted: February 10th, 2011, 16:54 

It appears that the VCD image is a cross-platform ISO built with CDEveryWhere:
http://www.cdeverywhere.com/features.shtml

"Create Hybrid CD image. Joliet (Win) / HFS (Mac) / RockRidge (Unix/Linux) / ISO9660 (Industry Standard Format)."

"CDEveryWhere supports all 4 file systems - so your CD data can be shared seamlessly across platforms."

BTW, Dr-Kiev is saying that, after deleting the VCD image, you will have lost the hardware encryption functionality of the Initio bridge. You could verify this by formatting your drive via the bridge, and then viewing it via SATA.

Of course none of this helps you tackle your initial problem. It appears that the VCD can only be disabled by updating the firmware in the bridge's flash memory.

You could try lifting the clock pin, but I suspect that the resultant "default Initio controller" won't provide you with a USB mass storage device.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2011, 3:14 

It may be interesting to see how the bridge board behaves on its own, ie with the drive disconnected. Is it detected as a "default Initio controller"? Does the VCD still appear, albeit with zero capacity?

In Linux you can use LSUSB or USBVIEW to display information about the connected USB devices.

http://linux.about.com/cs/linux101/g/usbview.htm
http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_lsusb.htm

PostPosted: February 11th, 2011, 6:11 

fzabkar wrote:
It may be interesting to see how the bridge board behaves on its own, ie with the drive disconnected. Is it detected as a "default Initio controller"? Does the VCD still appear, albeit with zero capacity?

In Linux you can use LSUSB or USBVIEW to display information about the connected USB devices.

http://linux.about.com/cs/linux101/g/usbview.htm
http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_lsusb.htm

usbview (for windows) detects the usb adapter with the hard disk as shown:
Code:
Device Descriptor:
bcdUSB:             0x0200
bDeviceClass:         0x00
bDeviceSubClass:      0x00
bDeviceProtocol:      0x00
bMaxPacketSize0:      0x40 (64)
idVendor:           0x03F0 (Hewlett Packard)
idProduct:          0x4507
bcdDevice:          0x2002
iManufacturer:        0x01
0x0409: "HP"
iProduct:             0x02
0x0409: "External HDD"
iSerialNumber:        0x03
0x0409: "575833314138303938373434"
bNumConfigurations:   0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
Current Config Value: 0x01
Device Bus Speed:     High
Device Address:       0x02
Open Pipes:              2

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress:     0x81  IN
Transfer Type:        Bulk
wMaxPacketSize:     0x0200 (512)
bInterval:            0x00

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress:     0x02  OUT

Configuration Descriptor:
wTotalLength:       0x0020
bNumInterfaces:       0x01
bConfigurationValue:  0x01
iConfiguration:       0x00
bmAttributes:         0x80 (Bus Powered )
MaxPower:             0xFA (500 Ma)

Interface Descriptor:
bInterfaceNumber:     0x00
bAlternateSetting:    0x00
bNumEndpoints:        0x02
bInterfaceClass:      0x08
bInterfaceSubClass:   0x06
bInterfaceProtocol:   0x50
iInterface:           0x00

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress:     0x81  IN

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress:     0x02  OUT

if i connect the adapter without the hard disk, usbview can't see any usb device.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2011, 8:40 

ok, now, beginning from sector 623769600 till the end (sector 625142447) the sectors are all zeroized, apart of these 2 sectors: 625137672 and 625141759 (see annexed files)

the disk still works well (i can read,write and even format)

now i'll try to zeroize these 2 sectors (one at time)

question: one sector begins with WD, the other one with NTFS. what does it means? why it is placed at the end of the hard disk?

Attachments:
HDsector625141759.zip [583 Bytes]
Downloaded 1639 times
HDsector625137672.zip [634 Bytes]
Downloaded 1615 times

PostPosted: February 11th, 2011, 9:02 

gaucho wrote:

question: one sector begins with WD, the other one with NTFS. what does it means? why it is placed at the end of the hard disk?

Boot sector's copy locate always in the end of partition (for NTFS )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next