Switch to full style
In-depth technology research: finding new ways to recover data, accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust.

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...
Post a reply

Has anyone tried this PC-3000?

March 1st, 2012, 9:50

Has anyone tried this PC-3000?

http://www.9mart.com/products/High-Qual ... overy.html

Re: Has anyone tried this PC-3000?

March 2nd, 2012, 0:35

This is converter for pc3000 its good .

March 3rd, 2012, 5:01

i like salvation converters the red data one is good . i use it with pc3000.

March 4th, 2012, 12:54

tawfeek_mokhtar wrote:i like salvation converters the red data one is good . i use it with pc3000.

Me too.

March 5th, 2012, 8:30

kocoman wrote:Has anyone tried this PC-3000?

http://www.9mart.com/products/High-Qual ... overy.html

Eric Lee also sells these, IIRC perhaps even cheaper.

March 6th, 2012, 11:11

I looked at Eric's webpage, but it does not show prices ? and I can't find the pc-3000 item at his web site

I want to fix the Power On Standby bug in the WD drive

March 8th, 2012, 2:49

kocoman wrote:I looked at Eric's webpage, but it does not show prices ? and I can't find the pc-3000 item at his web site

I want to fix the Power On Standby bug in the WD drive

You realise this is ONLY a SATA adaptor, and not a PC3000, right?

March 8th, 2012, 13:08

Thanks for noticing..

It should be written as.. (add brackets)

High Quality SATA to IDE Adapter (For PC-3000 Data Repair Recovery)

and not

High Quality SATA to IDE Adapter For PC-3000 Data Repair Recovery

March 8th, 2012, 13:30

I have some of these adaptors and they work OK but not all the time. The others are right the new ones SD came up with for IDE to SATA work a lot better. I think they are selling direct from SD for around 20 dollars maybe less not sure on this one. Might want to check with Eric Lee on this one he might have some there you can get from him for less

March 8th, 2012, 16:27

For $9 a shot I've ordered some.

Will post results of tests :-)

March 9th, 2012, 5:17

I have a few of these. They use same SATA-PATA controller (JM20330) and for me work great :)

March 9th, 2012, 6:06

kocoman wrote:I want to fix the Power On Standby bug in the WD drive

So you want to connect a SATA HDD to an IDE port on your motherboard, and then run the PUIS script in the following thread?
wd5000aavs-pm2-puis-activated-unable-revert-t19107-20.html

If so, have you tried to reconfigure your SATA port for IDE compatibility or legacy mode? This makes the SATA port look like a traditional PATA port, in which case you won't need an adapter.

March 9th, 2012, 13:52

fzabkar wrote:
kocoman wrote:I want to fix the Power On Standby bug in the WD drive

So you want to connect a SATA HDD to an IDE port on your motherboard, and then run the PUIS script in the following thread?
wd5000aavs-pm2-puis-activated-unable-revert-t19107-20.html

If so, have you tried to reconfigure your SATA port for IDE compatibility or legacy mode? This makes the SATA port look like a traditional PATA port, in which case you won't need an adapter.

This is wonderful for end users. But if you own tools this is worthless. The adaptors are for the tools and this thread was for the adaptor to use with PC3K. We are talking about this adaptor and another one to use with our tools.
Post a reply