Switch to full style
In-depth technology research: finding new ways to recover data, accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust.

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...
Post a reply

Monolith PCBs

April 27th, 2016, 9:06

I found having only one monolith wire adapter per reader is a pain. I created some PCBs and was about to brag how pretty they are, until I found why there are revisions.. missed a dang trace!

This was a test to get familiar with PCB design software again. Now I am comfortable I am starting on adapters for Rusolut if I get permission from the geniuses over yonder.

I really wanted to go with sockets, but this year has been very tough financially with a couple of disasters, and I cannot afford to produce them. So I am looking at a range of wire adapters for different chips where the wire points are in good locations for the position of a chips signal.

Also looking at wire adapter + jumper array so we wire up some of these ridiculous BGAs and can change jumpers for different LUNs, but will see how all this goes.
Mistake 1:
top - oops.jpg

bottom.jpg

top_6.jpg

Re: Monolith PCBs

April 27th, 2016, 18:46

Missing track huh?

liek....

I never meant to cause you any sorrow
I never meant to cause you any pain
I only wanted to one time to see you working ....
<refrain>

Purple Pain, Puurple Paaiin...

<groan>
soz mate :)
Post a reply