Switch to full style
In-depth technology research: finding new ways to recover data, accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust.

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...
Post a reply

Tool to carve fragmented files

August 27th, 2017, 5:56

I'm currently working on a tool which is supposed to carve fragmented files, like, extracting fragmented JPEGs from a volume without referring to any kind of filesystem metadata. However, the process is very computationally expensive, and any practical speeds require pretty high-end hardware. If I ever was to sell the resulting tool, which would you prefer, - a standalone software with some ungodly hardware requirements, or a website where you can upload your disk image and get the recovered files back after a while, for a reasonable per-GB price?

Re: Tool to carve fragmented files

August 28th, 2017, 18:38

Likely option A. Customers are overly paranoid about data security.

August 28th, 2017, 18:49

First option too.
Not easy to upload the entire image of a HDD.

August 29th, 2017, 13:31

Okay, thank you for the input.

September 28th, 2017, 10:58

Well, I have it now; not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, but if someone wants a license key to play with, PM me.
Post a reply