Switch to full style
In-depth technology research: finding new ways to recover data, accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust.

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...
Post a reply

IOS Shortcut research

March 22nd, 2018, 4:31

Dear IOS Expert Users & Forensic Researchers (mainly)

Anyone knows a way to start a Terminal window in IOS devices (such as iphone)?

Rephrase:

I would like to have a shortcut in my IOS device to Terminal?

btw, am not a big fan of Apple IOS devices (Newbie but Quick Observer).

Thank you..

Re: IOS Shortcut research

March 22nd, 2018, 9:19

I think when I used an iPhone I downloaded OpenTerm

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/openterm/id1323205755

But I am not sure how much you can do in Terminal anyway. IIRC I didn't do a lot, but it was jailbroken and I had a lot of different tools I was testing out. I mainly just went through some tools, found it infuriatingly cumbersome, and promptly went back to Android.

March 24th, 2018, 4:21

HaQue wrote:I think when I used an iPhone I downloaded OpenTerm

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/openterm/id1323205755

But I am not sure how much you can do in Terminal anyway. IIRC I didn't do a lot, but it was jailbroken and I had a lot of different tools I was testing out. I mainly just went through some tools, found it infuriatingly cumbersome, and promptly went back to Android.

Thank you for the link... but this will run in Limited Access Permission environment.

I found an interesting idea but needs little work (ordered few 3rd. party tools to test) it seems after all its not impossible but needs some extra work + Thinking Different

will post later the brief of this..

and waiting also for more Inputs if possible (Public/PM) related to the same subject.

Thank you

March 28th, 2018, 9:32

einstein9 wrote:Anyone knows a way to start a Terminal window in IOS devices (such as iphone)?.

Are you looking for some tool to allow terminal (I assume for dd image or similar?) on device that is jailbroken? Or you are looking to open connection with handset without jailbreak?

March 28th, 2018, 10:02

hddguy wrote:
einstein9 wrote:Anyone knows a way to start a Terminal window in IOS devices (such as iphone)?.

Are you looking for some tool to allow terminal (I assume for dd image or similar?) on device that is jailbroken? Or you are looking to open connection with handset without jailbreak?

Highlighted in RED,,, to the point ------------------> exactly without jailbreak

I have a working Phone (My Phone for testing) and wanted to have the: UN-Encrypted DUMP (DD image as you pointed) prefer if from Iphone5 and higher.

and thank you again :roll:

April 4th, 2018, 11:04

Ref. https://blog.elcomsoft.com/2018/01/ios- ... g-records/
By: Oleg Afonin

New in iOS 11.3 (beta)

"To improve security, for a locked iOS device to communicate with USB accessories you must either connect an accessory via lightning connector to the device while unlocked or enter your device passcode while connected, at least once a week.

If you use iAP USB accessories over the Lightning connector (including assistive devices and wired CarPlay) or connect to a Mac/PC, you may therefore need to periodically enter your passcode if you have a passcode set on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch."

Thats why iHATE Apple. "your victory will be short, you will never have the time to enjoy it" :shock:

April 7th, 2018, 4:59

It seems that Apple uses kind of Certificates for external drives/devices such as chargers/ext. devices and so..

Thats how Apple devices Ident. original/copy accessories/ext. devices.

The whole MFI started with IOS 7 and above in 2013, then more restriction/limits were applied in 2015

Am thinking out loud,,, anyone tried such a research before?

Thx
Attachments
mfi-certified.jpg
61FlDQCO3FL._SL1000_.jpg

July 3rd, 2018, 4:04

As an update here for the topic, i found that someone made some progress here

https://www.forensicfocus.com/Forums/vi ... c/start=0/

tested with iOS 11.4

I think (in my opinion) that he should make some $$$$ before going in public and let the whole world know that there was a Bug and he found it..

@the end of the day we should know that of course more are there waiting to be discovered...

:wink:
Post a reply