Switch to full style
In-depth technology research: finding new ways to recover data, accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust.

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...
Post a reply

request for information, url, website, tools

November 1st, 2019, 8:08

Hello,

I am newbie and i am a developper, in my work life i did repaired lot of disk, hdd, sdd, crypted or not, but my limit was always when disk doesnt anwser anymore.

Recently i must repair one sdd crypted by MacAffe Drive Encryption, thanks to author has writed the tool hdd raw copy, i can clone the ssd disc and i can recover data, the user was very very happy to get back all data.

Today, i need to refresh and increase my knowledege on it.

I search some books/ebooks on hdd / sdd structure and specficication up to date, but it is not easy to find

I wish write some tools api for read system data, mbr, fat,exfat,ntfs and i search some examples, c/c++/java etc.., website,github,

actually i try to understand how work the safe mode with sdd pcb. i doesnt find so much info

where i can buy some special tools, like disc extractor, disk workbench, USB terminal card, etc.. ?

my target sdd work will be mainly on crucial, smasung evo, scandisk. optionaly hdd seagate,wd

some tools : ?
i know testdisk, clonezilla, hdd raw copy, other ?

On the market, i saw MTR labs an PC 3000 of acelab tools, but it is to expensive for individual like me. For only satisfying my curiosity and knowledge. i must find another path way.

i will explore the forum

Thanks for your information and your support
KR
JP

Re: request for information, url, website, tools

November 1st, 2019, 17:48

New to Data Recovery ? Where to Start ?
http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=176

Re: request for information, url, website, tools

November 2nd, 2019, 4:22

fzabkar wrote:New to Data Recovery ? Where to Start ?
http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=176

Thanks

:)
Post a reply