All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: HDRC UPDATE: Read Write Head Change Tools Review
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2010, 17:18 

My first HDRC platter tools were purchased in 2008, my second in 2009, and my third in 2010. The design has changed but the quality is still the same. My head tools were purchased about six months ago. I’m not talking about old versions of HDRC tools.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2010, 23:37 

Insanity! :cry:

PostPosted: April 24th, 2010, 5:40 

I am wondering why u are spending money on these tools over and over again... looks not too wise to me...

pepe

PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 0:17 

petkus wrote:
Changes and improvements are always welcome, problem is old customers who are not satisfied with old tools will have a hard time buying new improved tools with confidence...
Anyway tools were learning experience for me and in DR learning always costs. :)

Well ,
Sure This Is What Our DR Friend Thedellguy Does Not Get right ,anyways I got a Call From HDRC That They Have New Version Of the Magnetic Head Exchanger And also The Read Write Heads .As i Have the Old Version With Me and Also The New Once I would Be Delighted to share My Experience Of The Same With you Folks if i get the time as i am busy in construction of my data recovery lab .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 3:16 

Some people are happy with crap I guess, I for one expected more than glued together pieces of plastic for drives that rarely ever have head problems.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 18:38 

Well, today I received the first batch of my own in-house solution. My plan now is to add ESD resin and focus on mostly the large Seagate and WD drives since they are the most common ones that we receive here with stuck spindle.

Attachments:
PCR_HSA_tool.JPG
PCR_HSA_tool.JPG [ 444.84 KiB | Viewed 16403 times ]

PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 19:30 

Now that looks a million times better than the crap HDRC sold me. Check out HDRC's latest price for the head tools. What a joke.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 21:01 

nice tool you got there how much are you charging for them ;)

allso to note salvation data are bring out a headstack tool set sometime this year

so dellguy going to love them :lol:

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2010, 8:08 

In 1 week I will know much more. At this point, I am trying to make the profile lower and trying different materials. My goals have been met. My original design was more complex and had several parts fitted together. In CAD software it was realized that we could modify our shaft/pivot and incorporate a specialty part and thereby eliminate all of the other parts. Now, it is 1 solid piece. Next week I will have my final design ready and can tell you more then. I don't expect ESD resin and design changes to affect cost much very much. Just focusing on engineering and materials right now.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 10:50 

pcrecovery wrote:
In 1 week I will know much more. At this point, I am trying to make the profile lower and trying different materials. My goals have been met. My original design was more complex and had several parts fitted together. In CAD software it was realized that we could modify our shaft/pivot and incorporate a specialty part and thereby eliminate all of the other parts. Now, it is 1 solid piece. Next week I will have my final design ready and can tell you more then. I don't expect ESD resin and design changes to affect cost much very much. Just focusing on engineering and materials right now.

You should focus on a low sute since You bought tools from me, copyed them and now you claim to have them as Your own. Tools are under patent so be my guest.
Nikola HddSurgery

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 12:09 

I thought they look much like your tools Nikola

Dobre

Datarecovery in Belgium, Holland, France and Germany
Datarecoverytools http://www.drtools.eu

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 15:04 

dobrevjetser wrote:
I thought they look much like your tools Nikola

Dobre

He is the nmb 3 who is traying to steal my work...

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 17:17 

It does look like the other tool we've seen on the forum but a plastic tool would make more sense if it was strong enough. Some of the plastics they have today are just as robust as metal in my opinion. I don't want to come between you two but plastic would be my preference. Its weighs less, has no magnetic properties, and is probably easier to produce. With enough engineering it might even be possible to make the plastic tool adjustable to fit any type of drive. Please don't beat me up for choosing sides.

P.S. Please don't purchase the HDRC head tools, they are utter crap and a waste of money.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 19:02 

These are not same. Nikola's tool is great. I have made my own 1 solid piece in plastic with different profile completely. Eliminated need for separate pieces with a specially ordered screw which has washer and smooth shaft built in. Not even the profile or shaft is the same.

BTW I am happy to share my CAD drawing with you and anyone else who want to see it for himself/herself. You can also make your own mold if you like.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 5:12 

Here are the pictures.
Idea for this tool, dimensions and evrything else is a subject to patent. Nobady can make aluminum aloy from a different sort and say it is another tool. Saying that is not the same tool afends me. We are making new tool for Samsung now while our tools are being copyed and where, in worlds best country? Shame on You.

Attachments:
File comment: copy that had been made in few months
copy of hdd surgery tool.jpg
copy of hdd surgery tool.jpg [ 42.54 KiB | Viewed 16248 times ]
File comment: original hddsurgery tool, 3 years of work You peopple sow here on hddguru
original hdd surgery tool.jpg
original hdd surgery tool.jpg [ 100.08 KiB | Viewed 16248 times ]

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 6:02 

We published it first time almoust one year ago

7200-contact-head-change-tool-t12880.html?hilit=7200.11%20head%20change#p85000

Attachments:
File comment: our drowing
Seagate Barracuda 1TB.jpg
Seagate Barracuda 1TB.jpg [ 99.72 KiB | Viewed 16243 times ]

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 6:25 

Agreed. In many of my previous posts you can quote me as saying to everyone that I bought your tool. Also I said it was "a work of art".
Quite the compliment.

Your tools are a work of art and very nice. Complex in that consists of multiple parts assembled together (C-clip,spacer,bushings,cap, etc). I have made a 1-piece design of plastic injection moulding that achieves goals we desired/wanted has none of these parts at all.
And finally, have made 3 others that I'm testing on WD drives now as well. I wanted to make a solid 1-piece plastic tool only. Goal achieved.
I have made MYSELF 15 pieces which I am using to store headstacks as well! I don't see problem with for internal use. I have made WD headstack tool that clamps to HSA . I spoke to several DR companies that have many internal solutions that they don't sell. Use internally and don't see any problem with that.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 6:36 

pcrecovery wrote:
Agreed. In many of my previous posts you can quote me as saying to everyone that I bought your tool. Also I said it was "a work of art".
Quite the compliment.

Your tools are a work of art and very nice. Complex in that consists of multiple parts assembled together (C-clip,spacer,bushings,cap, etc). I have made a 1-piece design of plastic injection moulding that achieves goals we desired/wanted has none of these parts at all.
And finally, have made 3 others that I'm testing on WD drives now as well. I wanted to make a solid 1-piece plastic tool only. Goal achieved.
I have made MYSELF 15 pieces which I am using to store headstacks as well! I don't see problem with for internal use. I have made WD headstack tool that clamps to HSA . I spoke to several DR companies that have many internal solutions that they don't sell. Use internally and don't see any problem with that.

I have no problem if You use our design for Your self, but we would not be having this conversation if You have keeped this for your self. Am i right?

PostPosted: June 6th, 2010, 6:24 

There are some real issues working with such tools in plastic, even manufacture of them poses potential problems.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9