All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HDD parts suppliers search
PostPosted: November 29th, 2014, 11:59 

HDDSupplier's address and phone number (http://prntscr.com/5bdwln) are the same as Donor Drives' (http://prntscr.com/5bdxcc). When I RMA'd the incompatible drive, it was returned to me because Canada Post had inadvertently covered the RMA number on the package I had sent so it wasn't accepted. The FedEx documentation with returned-to-me package says the sender was "Shipping Department, Donor Drives LLC" at the above address.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2014, 15:46 

HddSupplier and donor drives are same. With restocking fee I'm sorry it is company policy, but if you insist we will always give it back. There are just so many people buying PCBs with free shipping and expecting full hdds although it says everywhere it's a pcb. We lose money on shipping and packing so charge restocking fee. For folks in data recovery industry we never charge it or if you explain the situation we will refund it. Again I'm sorry about that

PostPosted: November 29th, 2014, 15:56 

The restocking fee was not horrendous and the service was good. Having to return it was my own fault, so I don't blame you. (I just didn't remember seeing it on your eBay posting, but think I later confirmed that it was indeed there.) I don't know whether computer repair shops who also do data recovery qualify for waiver of the re-stocking fee, but next time, I'll ask. I'd buy from you again, assuming the re-stocking fee gets waived.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2014, 16:01 

Larry, for the professionals we will void the fee. If you have any issues getting the fee voided just ask for Don and I will take care of that for you. Generally all pro's buy directly from donordrives.com because we sign them up for Partner Program. The next time you buy anything just do it directly from the website or give us a call so we can set you up for Partnership. Anyone with Partner account gets automatically restocking fee waived. Also with Partner account you get up to a 20% discount and we can use your FedEx / UPS account for shipping. You also get a dedicated representative to help you find heads and pcb donors that are sure to be a good match. You will be able to send us drive info like exact FW revision, micro jogs, heads map, preamp version so that we can get an identical donor or program new PCB in advance.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2014, 17:15 

That's great, Don. Thanks! Will do that next purchase.