All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dolphin Data Lab URE for sale
PostPosted: May 18th, 2018, 16:44 

I've been thinking of selling my DFL-URE (a hardware imager for USB drives that incorporates many firmware repair features, including the slow responding fix) because it just doesn't get a lot of use. It is designed to deal with USB drives but can also be used with SATA drives if you put them in a SATA USB dock and connect that to the URE. Being USB-based, it is not as effective as a SATA-based firmware tool because of some pass-through command limitations. Whatever they are, they have never been an issue for me. What it does do (besides excellent hardware-based imaging), is solve the decryption issue with MY Passports/My Books since the drive's encryption chip takes care of that before feeding the data to the URE. Anyway, you can find more details here: https://www.dolphindatalab.com/product/ ... equipment/.

The URE was $1,999 when I bought it but I'd sell mine for $1250 USD plus shipping. To transfer the license so you have access to future program updates as well as tech support and access to the Dolphin Data Lab users' form and resources files, add $200 USD to that price. PM me if interested.

Post subject: Re: Dolphin Data Lab URE for sale
PostPosted: May 18th, 2018, 21:21 

I apologize for the URL not being presented properly (truncated). Here is a shortened version of the URL: https://goo.gl/vukpzK

... and here is the description found there:
Quote:
What is DFL-URE?

DFL-URE: DFL-USB3.0 Recovery Express, it’s one newly developed USB device disk image and file recovery equipment. It has two USB3.0 interfaces which are able to connect two USB hard drives to run disk image or direct file extraction. All brands are supported.

DFL-URE is another USB3.0 data recovery equipment besides DFL-DDP but DFL-URE is specially for USB hard drives with data loss due to accidental file deletion, virus deletion, system format, common slow running and detection, a lot of bad sectors, weak heads and even clicking noises.

URE Function Modules

Disk imaging module, file recovery module, common hdd repair module, bad sector scan module, general function module including password set and unlock modules.

DFL-URE Functions and Features

1, DFL-URE is one USB3.0 data recovery equipment for all USB hard drives which can be detected
or undetected drives which can be fixed by its built-in common repair solutions;

2, DFL-URE is able to connect USB hard drives directly with its two built-in USB3.0 interfaces and recover two USB hard drives at the same time;

3, DFL-URE is able to image the USB hard drives to another target disk, image the patient drives to one image file or image selective heads or image wanted partitions and files only;

4, DFL-URE supports selective head image of Seagate, WD and Toshiba hard drives and will add Samsung USB hard drive selective head image in the upgrade.

5, DFL-URE is able to extract lost partitions, file folders, scan MFT, recover data by file types and recover selective files and partitions;

6, DFL-URE is able to unlock the WD USB hard drives if the password is given for smartware encryption;

7, DFL-URE is able to remove passwords for Seagate, WD, Samsung USB hard drives and will upgrade to support other USB hdd brands such as Toshiba;

8, DFL-URE is able to scan bad sectors and offer users initial diagnosis on how to move forward for a better recovery method;

9, DFL-URE has also many other fast solutions to common hdd failures of Seagate, WD, Toshiba etc;

10, For WD USB hard drives, we have also many direct firmware fixing functions including the following:

NHPA;
Slow Initialization fix;
Remove Password;
Edit Head Map In Ram;
Load LDR;
Reset Smart;
Show Microcode
Modules Test
Read ROM
Write ROM
Read Modules
Write Modules
Read Tracks
Write Tracks
Translator Regenerate
Load Module Dir

PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 19:20 

Price reduced to $1,000 USD plus shipping. You don't need to transfer the license to use it, but if you want to do so, you pay DFL the $200, they connect using TeamViewer and do their magic to make the license yours.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2018, 9:19 

My DFL-URE has now been sold.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2018, 2:09 

How would you compare the DFL-URE to the PC-3000 and the MRT Labs device .. ?

I would have bought this I think ... :(

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2018, 9:16 

trumanhw wrote:
How would you compare the DFL-URE to the PC-3000 and the MRT Labs device .. ? I would have bought this I think ... :(

It is just for USB devices and uses DFL's DE software, which is very good. I don't use an MRT so it's hard to evaluate where it stands with respect to that but I would say it's on par. It doesn't compare to a PC3000 for firmware capabilities but is excellent on data extraction/drive imaging (and includes a number of common firmware repair capabilities). I just didn't need it enough to keep it, now that DFL-SRP does decryption.

I did offer it to you in a Google Group but got no interest. :)