All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DDI + Network Add on For Sale
PostPosted: June 29th, 2018, 17:25 

Attachment:
2016-11-15 12.34.42.jpg
2016-11-15 12.34.42.jpg [ 2.19 MiB | Viewed 21082 times ]
Data Recovery Colleagues,

For sale is our DeepSpar 4 with network add-on.
The DDI has had light usage and is not used much any more.
Its installed in an Intel Computer, which you can buy for an extra £25.00

Please PM with reasonable offers, preferably in Pounds sterling £££.
Item is located in UK and can be shipped worldwide.

Attachments:
2016-11-15 19.17.21.jpg
2016-11-15 19.17.21.jpg [ 1.78 MiB | Viewed 21082 times ]
2016-11-15 13.38.27.jpg
2016-11-15 13.38.27.jpg [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 21082 times ]
2016-11-15 12.34.18.jpg
2016-11-15 12.34.18.jpg [ 2.12 MiB | Viewed 21082 times ]

Post subject: Re: DDI + Network Add on For Sale
PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 5:17 

How much do you want for it ?

PostPosted: July 5th, 2018, 10:49 

£1300 + buyer pays postage and insurance costs

PostPosted: July 5th, 2018, 14:33 

I am in UK

PostPosted: July 5th, 2018, 14:40 

PM me your approx location as I may be able to collect it from you.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2018, 12:13 

I'd be interested in purchasing this Deepspar DDI4, including the Intel PC for 1325 Pounds Sterling, payment via Paypal. - if it's still available. I made a new Account for that purpose. Trade feedback from other forums & Ebay can be provided. I need to recover 6 SATA SSDs & HDDs with it. Some info on shipping costs (insured shipping to Germany) & the recovery process for the SSDs would be appreciated.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2018, 13:46 

I am interested in purchasing the Deepspar DDI4 + the Intel PC for 1325 Pounds. Contact me for details, if its still available.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2018, 2:13 

Advice for other forum readers: do not waste your time and money here.

My reasons to avoid this seller:
1) Takes too long to reply to messages ~1+weeks. Its been ~1month, since I was interested in buying the DDI4
2) questions aren’t answered to your satisfaction. Personally, I asked for some details about the DDI4 and some photos of the addon cards. Reply:
thongsbridge wrote:
I can get more photos for you.
...3 weeks later: still no photos. The pictures in this thread have been used in a 2-year-old thread visible here, trying to sell the same DDI4: https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34443
3) Refusing safer payment methods:
thongsbridge wrote:
I would need a IBAN bank transfer to our business bank account. I will not trade with PAYPAL. If that is good let me know.

4) Evading purchase on invoice with bank transfer or personal pickup at his “UK limited company trading for 20 years” – no companyname, no address, no phone#, 2 years ago the seller wrote:
thongsbridge wrote:
I am retiring so hence the sale of the equipment.
...In the old sell-thread (linked above) thongsbridge says, hes retiring. Hence he does not work for this company anymore since about 2 years, yet the money would have been transferred to that company’s account (or not..)
5) I contacted other forum members about this. – same “shady” behavior of thongsbridge towards other potential buyers.

Please be careful on what you are doing here.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2018, 10:03 

Dear Cupi - Be very careful what you write about my company, which is registered with Companies House UK for 20 years.
We have been closed due to our annual vacation for 2 weeks.
I will take legal action if I think your comments are defamatory and untrue against my company.
You have posted in writing your comments they cannot now be retracted.
I actually had 2 DDIs and have sold one of them about 18 months ago, but not to a HDD guru member. Because they offered low monies.
I have not retired yet and my company is very busy at the moment. I have extended my working for 2 more years.

Everyone knows a PAYPAL payment can be reversed, so a IBAN is internationally accepted method of payment, which my company uses.

Mr Cupi is under the assumption that I will ship my DDI and pay postage, without receiving payment for 14 days.
That is not the way a UK company does business and you were told that explicitly.
In Germany you have 14 days "Rückgaberecht" in Germany. This means you can return the goods free of charge within 14 days, however as far as I remember, you still have to pay upfront (depending on the supplier and their payment terms). It's not too uncommon to pay after the 14 days in Germany but this isn't how UK trading laws work. These are second hand goods.

I quote
"Die Zahlung muss folgen, bevor die Ware versandt werden. So funktioniert normales Geschäft In Großbritannien. Wenn Sie nicht damit einverstanden sind, kann ich Ihnen leider die Ware nicht versenden."

I have had alot of interest to buy my DDI4 and I am considering the offers to date so far.
I was going to invoice one UK buyer, but they then wanted me to lower my price.
I apologise about the photos I can post some more when I am not too busy.
I have no problems for a person collecting the goods in person, but to drive all the way from Germany to Huddersfield is somewhat extreme.
To other members - I have noted your interest and offers the price remains at £1350 + shipping costs, its genuine card, check with Serge in Deepspar - I will give you Serial Number.
Read my replies to Cupi's comments below
Thanks Allan

Cupi writes ........
Advice for other forum readers: do not waste your time and money here.
My reasons to avoid this seller:
1) Takes too long to reply to messages ~1+weeks. Its been ~1month, since I was interested in buying the DDI4 - *** I answered almost immediately and explained payment terms.
2) questions aren’t answered to your satisfaction. Personally, I asked for some details about the DDI4 and some photos of the addon cards. Reply:
thongsbridge wrote: - *** The add on is DRE network add on, the DDI computer has a standard network card, how do I photograph that? There are no other add-ons.
I can get more photos for you. *** Apologies for this, you are correct.
...3 weeks later: still no photos. The pictures in this thread have been used in a 2-year-old thread visible here, trying to sell the same DDI4: https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34443
3) Refusing safer payment methods:
thongsbridge wrote:
I would need a IBAN bank transfer to our business bank account. I will not trade with PAYPAL. If that is good let me know. - *** IBAN is internationally accepted payment, paypal can be used by scammers. When you buy from DeepSpar or ACE Laboratory in Russia its all done by IBAN to UK.

4) Evading purchase on invoice with bank transfer or personal pickup at his “UK limited company trading for 20 years” – no companyname, no address, no phone#, 2 years ago the seller wrote:
thongsbridge wrote: - *** Check UK Companies House???, we are 20+ years trading in UK, we have a website and some 600 clients.
I am retiring so hence the sale of the equipment.
...In the old sell-thread (linked above) thongsbridge says, hes retiring. Hence he does not work for this company anymore since about 2 years, yet the money would have been transferred to that company’s account (or not..) - *** Quote me the exact statement where I do not work for my company?
5) I contacted other forum members about this. – same “shady” behavior of thongsbridge towards other potential buyers. - *** WHO????? show me your proof?

PostPosted: August 14th, 2018, 14:28 

:rip: Thongsbridge, You only dig your grave deeper. Further reasons to avoid this one (in addition to the previous post for forum readers):

6) Companies House UK is a trading register, where you can get information about UK registered companies. As stated before, no information about thongsbridge's company was provided, other than it being a 20-year-old trading company. - Obviously, you can not get any information about a company at a company register, filtering for "20 years old" and "trading company". What a potential buyer of this potential DDI4 needs is a company name, company number or officer name to check them out on Companies House UK. See also here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/

7) Thongsbridge ignores a basic pillar of trading and data recovery - trust. Deals are made, when both parties trust each other. Here are a few other facts, why I can't trust this one and won't make a deal:

*lies:
thongsbridge wrote:
I answered almost immediately and explained payment terms.
reality: I've posted my buying offer July 10th, 2018, 18:13. I received a reply July 21st, 2018, 20:24 > answer time = 11 days. Immediately means: right away, promptly. - yeah 11 days, that's aaaaaaaallllllllllllmmmmmoooooooosssssst immediately.
But do not forget the delays caused by thinking (4days), writing the first sentence (2 days), family things (3 days) and spinning in circles (2 days).

- ACELab and the distributors of Deepspar (Gefund IT for Germany) both accept other payment methods, other than upfront IBAN bank transfer. However thongsbridge says, that this is not the case for UK buyers, wich is hard to believe for me. Why would they treat the UK differently? Also, in contrast to thongsbridge, they have warranties and return policies in place, and provide details about their company on their websites. - So I would know, who I would have to contact. - Thongsbridge said, in crude english:
thongsbridge wrote:
Our company would not return customers data recovery and not be paid up front.
This is not UK business practice.
... but I wanted to buy a data recovery tool, and not data recovery!? I tried to migitate my risk by using personal pickup, combined with a family vacation in the UK, or purchase on invoice (payment via IBAN bank transfer within 14 days after receiving the item). I did not get a reply on this request for 14 days, so i wrote the previous warning in this thread.

* excuses "We have been closed due to our annual vacation for 2 weeks" You can see on hddguru forums, when a PM is on the way to a recipient, or already received. When a message is still on the way, it appears in the 'Outbox' and is still editable, when it was received, you'll find it under 'Sent messages'. My last question appeared in 'Sent messages' and therefore, was received on July 26th, 2018, 20:38. It's a convenient excuse, that thongsbridge's company was closed for the last 2 weeks, so he could not reply. - He needed time from Tuesday, the 26th July, when my message was received, until the reply in this thread on Sunday, the 12th August (when most companies are closed) - 2 days, after I posted my warning to other forum readers here.

* legal action threats here and via PM:
thongsbridge wrote:
If you were a UK resident I would not hesitate take legal action against your defamatory comments.
good luck with that. :lol:

As long as recent photos of the actual article offered (not old photos of another item), contact, as well as technical details and a serial number via PM are not provided, do not buy. - use common sense. Because he requested upfront payment via bank transfer, wich as as risky as it gets for a buyer, I want to see it working before I part with any money, he is evading it. It could be a fictitious sale or a counterfeit device (You'd be able to tell by physically seeing it and checking serials) but he doesn't seem to want buyers get near it. He is refusing PayPal so I'd be really cautious. If you are overseas, you bank transfer him the money and he doesn't send it, then you have very little recourse.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2018, 2:10 

I'm somewhat interested to see where this goes. I would hope in clear transactions between forum members and fellow engineers from around the world with a speciality field that requires a lot of personal integrity. Personally I purchased most of my main work equipment straight from official retailers however I am interested in the second hand market here on this forum for secondary and auxiliary equipment for my lab.
I hope for a peaceful and friendly resolution.

Also if anyone has any current information and personal experience with DDI4 SSD as to how good it handles NVME drives as the only tool on the market that seems to be capable to handle that I would appreciate it.
As a user of PC-3000 SSD I know that most SSD controllers need to be supported by the equipment manufacturer in order to create a translator of the drive which is the basic requirement for a tool with at least decent success rates. What NVME ssds are supported by DDI SSD and how efficient is it?

PostPosted: August 16th, 2018, 14:45 

Hello members,
I am not getting into an argument with the German Colleague above, I simply stated UK company practice is to receive monies before shipping goods.
I operate a successful business, and trust does not come into business when payment is due for £1350 + shipping is due.
All the parts are in mint condition and look as good as new on our DDI. The DDI 4 contains everything that was shipped to us from Canada including USB stick, network card, adapters, many still in their sealed packets. £1350 is a bargain , see below 25th July 2018...
Hello Allan,
It would cost $350US to update to the latest version. The renewal can be ordered from here (just press Check and then Buy):
http://license.deepspar.com/license/Lic ... XXXXXXXXX3
A new DDI4 + Network has a standard price of $3,675US + shipping. Since you have one already, I can do it for $3,000US total.
Happy to help if you have questions.
Sincerely,

Serge Shirobokov
Sales Director
DeepSpar Data Recovery Systems
1884 Merivale Rd., Unit 9
Ottawa, ON K2G 1E6

I have been on holiday (I can post my Ferry bookings to Ireland if you like) I am not answerable to somebody on a forum.
He was told about how our company only accepts an IBAN payment. We are the sellers and that decision was final.

ACE labs Russia only gave me that option in 2009 and Deepspar Canada requested an IBAN payment from our company in 2014.
I know Frank Meincke of http://www.gefund-it.de, who did my PC-3000 training in 2013, via Teamviewer over about 2 months. He knows me well and if you ask him who Allan Wright is of A-ONE IT Ltd UK, he will verify my company and me.
Companies House is a register of all UK companies and you will clearly find my company above. You can check Credit Agencies in UK. Thongsbridge is not my company name nor was it ever implied, its just a user name. Nobody has ever asked me for our company trading name on this forum.
Happy bidding folks,regards Allan A-ONE IT ltd

PostPosted: August 16th, 2018, 16:10 

In the last 12 months a major customer went into receivership owing our company a lot of monies for 4 invoices.
We will not get paid for that loss. But we trusted the company, never again.

As a Data Recovery company we are not going to do a major Data Recovery for a customer for Hundreds of pounds , ship it to them on a USb disk and not expect to get paid up front for this service.
No business operate like that in the UK.

Trust has to be earned with our company by trading with us for a minimum of 2 years. We do not offer credit.

Even now we require 50 to 80% deposit on a computer system / server on order.

Anybody doing Professional Data recovery on here will agree with my statements about receiving payment up front.

As far as the DDI4 goes , if it was broke when it arrived I would refund the purchase price £1350 on return of the goods to us in UK in the same packaging and condition it was sent.

Hope that clarifies matters a little more , any questions about my sale of DDI4 , please ask. My retirement is going to happen but it is irrelevant as far as selling a DDI is concerned. I have so much work at moment I cannot turn it down, so I am carrying on.
regards Allan

PostPosted: August 17th, 2018, 4:21 

Some new pictures and I will add some pictures of a Sata Drive being attached shortly.

To date I have not needed the latest DDI 4 update, when recovering from a customer disk.

Attachments:
2018-08-07 09.43.35.jpg
2018-08-07 09.43.35.jpg [ 4.72 MiB | Viewed 19915 times ]
2018-08-07 09.42.57.jpg
2018-08-07 09.42.57.jpg [ 4.26 MiB | Viewed 19915 times ]
2018-08-07 09.41.43.jpg
2018-08-07 09.41.43.jpg [ 4.81 MiB | Viewed 19915 times ]

PostPosted: August 17th, 2018, 15:50 

I would have needed the information of your last 3 posts about 1 month ago per PM, after asking to purchase the Deepspar Disk Imager 4.
So we are dealing with
Allan Wright
A-ONE IT Ltd
adress, website & phone# can be googled.

24th of July:
Cupi wrote:
Can you add more photos, how the mentioned components look now, after 2 years more of use?
back then, I was still under the impression, that the photos in this thread were just 2 years old, not, that I would buy a different DDI4, than shown in the photos in post #1, which only became apparent recently:
thongsbridge wrote:
I actually had 2 DDIs and have sold one of them about 18 months ago, but not to a HDD guru member. Because they offered low monies.
Are the photos in post#1 made of the same DDI4, as in the recent post, or are they from the other DDI4, that has been sold?

please take care of this ToDo for the DDI4 over the next week, if you wish to earn my trust back:
1) until 25th of August, post photos of: - PCB of your DDI4 DS-4000 (both sides) in proper macro shots, (Digital Camera, if possible, so that the printing on the PCB is visible)
2) until 25th of August, post photos of: - Software-USB Stick, cables/connectors, manual, Adapters: 2.5”/1.8” IDE, ZIF, LIF, mSATA, Micro SATA, CF card, DeepSpar Recovery Environment screenshot (part of the Network Addon DS-201)
3) be available on your phone @A-ONE IT Ltd - I reached nobody today, called during the business hours and left a message

@Hermes
Hermes wrote:
I hope for a peaceful and friendly resolution.
Same here. What I wanted was a 2nd Hand DDI4 for a fair price. This deal seemed good, but raised too many red flags, as described before.
On the DDI4 NVME Addon, I only have a pricing info (July 2018) of 2950USD per piece from Frank M, (Gefund IT). I would also be interested, what NVME SSDs are supported by the addon now and how efficient it is from someone running it.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2018, 12:00 

Contact has to be made via email thongsbridge@gmail.com, I have had several calls about the DDI4 from overseas as a result of my update.
I have added some new photos just to clarify the DDI4 is a genuine item.

Attachments:
2018-08-20 09.59.12.jpg
2018-08-20 09.59.12.jpg [ 4.82 MiB | Viewed 19715 times ]
2018-08-20 10.15.43.jpg
2018-08-20 10.15.43.jpg [ 7.42 MiB | Viewed 19715 times ]
2018-08-20 10.15.24.jpg
2018-08-20 10.15.24.jpg [ 4.25 MiB | Viewed 19715 times ]

PostPosted: August 21st, 2018, 12:06 

I took my time to remove the DDI from computer and show you all how good condition this DDI is in. Even has a August 2018 calendar to prove authenticity.
A fantastic piece of hardware and a bargain at £1300, huge saving on new.
The good news is I have sold my DDI today to a fellow Data Recovery Professional, and is no longer available.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2018, 13:40 

Thanks for letting us know.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2018, 11:10 

Hi - Do you have the USB Add on? If so, how much ?

PostPosted: October 12th, 2018, 12:13 

Why do you sell your DDI? It didn't it meet your expectations, did it?