All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Corrupted File Finder
PostPosted: November 29th, 2018, 14:00 

The product is now on beta release, I've implemented a key system that allows me to make updates without much hassle.

I'll be updating and releasing the tool here:

https://www.morde.pt/Products/CFF

bug reports are welcome so that fixed versions can be distributed to all the users with a valid key.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2018, 23:25 

And it is FAST even on it's first release!

Quote:
My test job just completed: Scanned 668 Files, 92 Folders ( 556GB) in 1 hr 30 min. 28 sec. and found 68 Files corrupted files (45.3GB) which were moved to a Corrupted files folder. AMAZING! System is Win10 Pro x64, Core i7 @ 3.4Ghz, 8GB memory.

Congratulations!

These were video files averaging 832MB in length. Looking good, @DRUG! :D

PostPosted: November 30th, 2018, 0:48 

I guess I'm spooled with DDI and PC3000 verifying files in a matter of minutes.

That said, this is a great option for those who don't have the tools that do it automatically.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 16:37 

A log with file locations - (sorted by location), and the actual [bad-sectors-percent] ... even though you have a defined value for what 'instigates' the addition, for pictures or video, knowing the percent could be very useful.

A picture with bottom cut off of a dead relative is still desirable
... as would be
A 40 min video with 4 minutes corrupted ...

Ultimately, it's the client to decides the threshold; a binary answer can't mediate an agreement.

Maybe there's even a way to integrate the file generated at the end with devices such as the Atola, which I think (in addition to allowing you to fill irreparable areas) has a report at the end.

I'd assume there're many devices that do so, so having an API as well as including those devices which are most common would also increase your potential clientele.

Even though there're quite a few guys here who're are incredibly knowledgeable and able to write scripts such as that zip file in the first reply, some people (me for instance) would quickly get eliminated as 'potential client' the harder it gets to use it.

As a consumer of D.R. services, I've seen one shrewd "mediator" of the agreement to pay for services, which was a database created by NEOFINDER; you could confirm all things that were going to work, see which directories had the content and structure you wanted ... and it no doubt HUGELY mitigated the clients who'd bicker with him.

Then, there's the old project DeepSpar had, which was the entire pricing system and maybe even allowed payment gateway to be integrated... or the active project by HDDsurgery, would be interested in including it with their system, which manages parts, jobs, customers, etc. ? (In fact, I was evaluating making such a system as I've already has an associate create a Repairs module/inventory+unique transactions/invoicing/customerDB ... as well as a "recommerce" (buying product from customers as a trade-in, etc., including maintaining either a fingerprint on file for products that could fall within that category, as well as a means of showing "due diligence"... and can track products by the serial number -- we'd buy macs or subsidize purchases with trade ins, transfer their previous data or even do data recovery (which is how I stumbled in to this field).

Probably all SUBSTANTIALLY more than what you were thinking of when making a simplistic tool to solve a very narrow-focused problem. BUT! Once you start, the question is where cost-benefit dictates you stop.

Only one of, unfortunately, is web-based...the other is in FileMaker. But, that makes recreating v.2 much faster (programmatically) -- as it's substantially more detailed than most novice developers, creating out of necessity are adept at defining in a "functionality document." I could never be as granular as a completed project, "in animate" can be for someone to see what's desired vs. what wasn't good enough.

I have another friend (Eastern European guy... uber genius) who's made an INCREDIBLE program; this allows integration from the point of buying any product, automatic generation of auction content except the very product specifics until said product has been added once, to eBay or Amazon -- and then allows him to target specific competitors and to maintain being whatever amount under that person ... which he ALSO has a field to instruct it to wait [user defined] period to adjust the price, so that the person doesn't see it immediately, but when he later looks, he's #2 again for that exact item, OF people who have product volume [x], have feedback [y], with percentage positive minimum of [z], and so on. Essentially, it's such an intelligent platform that it'll teach people the logic of selling to a successful degree on ebay, etc. This is of course, integrated with his website, inventory, AND so on.

I've tried to work with him before on improving his repair webite's graphics but we didn't see eye to eye (it's so ugly that he probably wastes 50% of his traffic due to a lack of trust.

Anyway, I'll cut this off "here" as I doubt people read beyond paragraph 2.

Buena suerté Miguel, y mucha gracias.

Truman