Switch to full style
Buy/sell hard drives, parts, tools
Post a reply

Foxconn 100327114 PCB board

June 10th, 2020, 5:57

Hello
I was after some help please I'm trying to track down a pcb board for an old Seagate 320gb drive, There is no life in it whatsoever so I believe it to be a board issue although unable to see anything on the board to suggest this. When plugged into my external reader it switches it off and then when removed that turns on again. I have found similar pcb on Ali Express but not the number 100327114 any help appreciated.
Attachments
Seagate.jpg

Re: Foxconn 100327114 PCB board

June 10th, 2020, 6:15

wolboy wrote:When plugged into my external reader it switches it off and then when removed that turns on again.

You have a TVS problem.
search the forum for that issue and this will help you solve your PCB.

Good luck

June 10th, 2020, 8:02

Could be TVS problem, but if data on your drive is important you should stop here and "try" anything.
If data is important, you should seek professional help. If the fault is a TVS only, recovery should not be cheap.
If data is not important go ahead and fix it yourself.

For professional advice or a matching pcb, contact member here "pcimage" http://pcimage.co.uk/

June 10th, 2020, 8:22

unknown wrote:
wolboy wrote:When plugged into my external reader it switches it off and then when removed that turns on again.

You have a TVS problem.
search the forum for that issue and this will help you solve your PCB.

Good luck

Thank you for this I will go and have a look now.

June 10th, 2020, 8:23

digisupport wrote:Could be TVS problem, but if data on your drive is important you should stop here and "try" anything.
If data is important, you should seek professional help. If the fault is a TVS only, recovery should not be cheap.
If data is not important go ahead and fix it yourself.

For professional advice or a matching pcb, contact member here "pcimage" http://pcimage.co.uk/

I appreciate your advice thank you.

June 10th, 2020, 10:58

It was in fact the TVS problem I removed the diode and it burst into life so many thanks for all your help.

June 10th, 2020, 13:43

Glad it worked.
Don't forget to take a backup ASAP.

Good luck
Post a reply