Switch to full style
Discussions related to Atola Insight data recovery/Forensic suite, Atola Bandura standalone imager
Post a reply

Seagate Safe Mode

May 17th, 2009, 12:52

U Series 9
160 GB / PATA
Seagate Model ST3160022ACE
Firmware: 9.51

I was imaging the drive with the Atola and it stopped in the middle of the process. The drive was hot, so I think it may have went into safe mode.

Can the Atola remove a Seagate drive from safe mode. If so could you please explain safe mode a little and let me know the process or what other option there might be.

Re: Seagate Safe Mode

May 17th, 2009, 20:02

This particular board stopped working and I was not able to get into the terminal window in Atola because it stopped recognizing the drive.

I connected a working drive to the Atola and opened up the terminal window. The Atola documentation does not list all possible commands. If the commands that work with the Atola are available, could someone please post them.

I tried some of the commands that others have listed and they work. I scanned through and conducted key word searches on the site, but was not able to locate a complete command list.

CTRL+E
CTRL+L
CTRL+U
CTRL+Z

May 20th, 2009, 19:40

Hello,

You should not have any problem connecting the bad hard drive to the Atola Insight's terminal. You do not need any other drive. If you experience any issue, please let me know what it is.

Thanks

May 22nd, 2009, 15:34

This particular drive would not identify with Atola. I determined the Head was bad, so I replaced the head. It worked for about an hour and then the head stopped reading again. The platter appears to be slightly warped, so I am not going to mess with it any longer. I do not want to keep damaging heads.

I am still learning the codes for different drives and honestly don't even know how to properly get a log, so that I could post it. This is why I was asking for a list of codes for different drives. I would like to be able to post the results and get help, but no one seems to want to share the commands.

Thanks for the help I did get. I will keep trying.

May 23rd, 2009, 8:49

This particular drive would not identify with Atola.

This does not mean you cannot use the terminal :)
Simply select the hard drive (even though it does not identify); the Insight will start and allow you to run the terminal. The hard drive does not have to be even powered on.

I realize that I am probably too late, but hope this will help other people in similar situation.

May 24th, 2009, 0:58

This information does help. Next time I will post the log when I have questions.

May 24th, 2009, 3:54

maysoft wrote:
This particular drive would not identify with Atola.

This does not mean you cannot use the terminal :)
Simply select the hard drive (even though it does not identify); the Insight will start and allow you to run the terminal. The hard drive does not have to be even powered on.

I realize that I am probably too late, but hope this will help other people in similar situation.

Some questions and answers / solutions are only discoverd during operation.
If not yet done - this is one, which should be registered to be included in the manual

+++

May 24th, 2009, 5:19

did you check pcb?

May 28th, 2009, 23:46

falther, we will be redesigning the disk selection form so that this will be obvious.

May 29th, 2009, 3:31

maysoft wrote:falther, we will be redesigning the disk selection form so that this will be obvious.

seems to be for another topic ?
Post a reply