All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Insight vs Data Compass
PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 10:07 

I just took a few minutes to read the latest features of Atola Insight and am beginning to think that it is pretty much the same as the data compass. Is there a side-by-side comparison of these two products or can someone make one?

Post subject: Re: Insight vs Data Compass
PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 15:36 

Luke,

from my understanding Atola Insight has a lot more features and functionality then Data Compass. Data Compass is foremost an USB imager with Shadow copy. Atola Insight performs a complete analysis of the HD failure. PCB, Firmware, Heads, etc..., it also has the capability to access SA and read/write firmware. So a direct comparison of Insight vs. Data Compass is probably not appropriate. Atola Insight Vs. Salvation DC and HD Doctor would make more sense.

It would be nice to hear some more feedback from current Insight users.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 20:40 

Hello All:

I have the Salvation DC and Doctor kit and the flash doctor. I am willing to travel to someone that has the knowledge to test side by side with Atola or PC3000.

I am not to knowledgeable of the Salvation kit, just purchased it 2 weeks ago. I would like to put the test on youtube for others to get a good comparison.

Any one with Atola or PC3000 in the US that would like to help make this happen?

Kou

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 11:11 

Have a look to the website of Atola: www.atola.com

The Atola Insight is a complete different class of tool:

If you want to compare the DC - you should compare it with other cloning / imaging tools.

Here it would be the Atola Imager (with Atola Disksense Ethernet unit) to look at
- with SATA I / II ports for direct connection of source and target drive.

+++

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 11:43 

Yes, I would like to see how each tool (from multiple brand), handles the same task and the results it presents.

Or possible what steps/process are needed to get the same results. What would you compare the Atola Insight to in the SD kits? Would it be both the DC and Doctor combined?

Either product with multiple tools or single tool, I just want to see a side by side comparison on how these devices are really used.

Thanks for the replies.

Regards,

Kou

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 12:40 

Please - have a look on the website first.

Think that all your questions will be answered and you will for shure agree that its
useless to compare those tools - they are for different type of business and work
( and user ) ...

Only one comparison:

For SD products you must have skills, time and deeper knowledge - and dig a lot
yourself to overcome the lacking information and the bad manuals.

For Atola products you dont need a manual - its user interface is self explaining.

+++

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 12:58 

yes, that is what it looks like. I agree, I was also told and the SD website also said the same.

I don't want to make the same mistake by just reading websites again. Website is all subjective to the reader.

That is why I wanted to have a live comparison. That is the whole reason for this post.

I know that everyone has difference likes and dislikes.. ford and toyota.. both do the same and gets me from point A-B, but the process of getting there is all subjective to the driver/rider.

I don't have a clue eitherway, so my efforts is to find someone with the Toyota and someone with the Ford and test drive the same road, one after another just for personal knowledge. It may be that the results would favor Atola, but I don't now till I actually get to really see one in action.

I agree, that the Atola seems more user friendly and does look like it does lots of the decision making for you to assist in getting the results, to some people that may be taking away from their ultimate goal (knowledge). To some, it may be a perfect stepping stone to get started with the tool that is easier.

Not to mention, their local number in the US is available during my day. Again, I don't know what that local US number will do for me because I don't have the product yet.

When I do get someone to assist and we can make a non-bias video of the products, manuals and support, that would be the ideal thing to make available to people looking at the products. I wish there was one when I was looking. It may or may not have turned my mind, but I would have more information available during my decision making.

Thanks again for the continue response.

Regards,

Kou

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 13:01 

Atola Insight is Diagnostics + Recovery/Repair + Imager in one unit, one software.

Atola Imager is ONLY the Imager portion of the software, running on the same hardware.

Insight is like: PC3K + Deepspar (although not all the features are there yet) or Data compass + HD Doctor suite (I am not 100% familiar with what these tools can and cant do)

Imager is like: Deepspar, Data Compass

I use Atola Insight daily, and still do not have a PC3K, there are certainly cases where I wish I had a PC3K right now; there are still some features that I would like to see added, but overall I have very good success rate using only Atola. I think the main thing I always remember is that while PC3K as been around for over 10 years; Atola was only released in 2008, and has made a lot of ground feature-wise in a short time.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 13:06 

Russwinters,

I have the SD suites and SD DC.. I would be up to flying down to CA and testing the devices just like a "consumer report" type of test.

Would you happen to have the Atola or Insights? would you want to?

Kou

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 14:47 

Would suggest you combine this with one of the classes give at Ji2 :D

+++

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 12:57 

I think Comparison Must Be made Between Atola Imager and Deepspar as both products are meant for cloning.
1) How Head choosing function is implemented in both products.
2) How easy / configuration cloning is with both products.
3) price

Atola Imager is priced much higher than any other imager in the market since it is not merely imager price is justified. Someone who has both tools psl. share your experience.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 15:33 

Think you compare the prices of other imagers with the price of Atola Insight (Ethernet or USB).

Would not say that $ 1,890.- / € 1,290.- for Atola Imager is higher at all ...

+++