Switch to full style
Discussions related to Atola Insight data recovery/Forensic suite, Atola Bandura standalone imager
Post a reply

Atola Insight and WD RAM headmap

October 20th, 2011, 15:50

Not sure if its something you plan on adding but it would be rather useful. Coming across a lot of WD drives that i could image the majority of data if I had the option of disabling the faulty head in RAM so they would ID. Perhaps a feature for a future release of the Insight software?

Thanks

Re: Atola Insight and WD RAM headmap

October 23rd, 2011, 12:34

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion! While I cannot promise a firm date, I can tell you that we are working on adding many features for WD drives, including WD head map manipulation. This will happen after we release by-head imaging for Samsung drives.

October 23rd, 2011, 15:09

It would make me a happy man! By far the most common drive we have been seeing with faulty heads is WD, im beginning to think that every WD Green drive ever sold must have gone faulty.

September 12th, 2013, 17:11

This still seems to not be possible, correct?

September 12th, 2013, 17:33

The ability to disable heads on WD drives was added quite a while ago.

September 12th, 2013, 17:50

You cant change it in RAM though, to enable a a drive that wasnt coming ready because of a defective head to come ready by altering the map. Its quite possibly something that you dont intent to offer though.

September 12th, 2013, 18:31

You cant change it in RAM though, to enable a a drive that wasnt coming ready because of a defective head to come ready by altering the map.

This is what I was referring to. Bummer.

September 13th, 2013, 8:17

But, you can do it now with the latest DDI 4 release and have been able to for quite some time with PC3K.

September 13th, 2013, 9:20

You know how to make me cry, Luke!

September 13th, 2013, 9:22

lcoughey wrote:But, you can do it now with the latest DDI 4 release and have been able to for quite some time with PC3K.

...and the DFL-DE.

September 14th, 2013, 22:30

ye, i bought a couple of pc3k. Its a feature i sometimes use, not very often lately though.
Post a reply