All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Atola Hardware upgrade
PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 16:14 

So I read on Atola's site that there was was a forthcoming hardware update, is there any further news on this front?

Post subject: Re: Atola Hardware upgrade
PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 19:48 

the only news i see is a new software update on Insight 3.2

SSD Trim

diagnosed heads in Automatic Checkup (oscilloscope information)

would like to see a bigger improvement for automatic firmware recovery.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 20:03 

Ye im sure sure when id ever use that feature but i was meaning a hardware change not software update. Apparently they were announcing and demoing it at HTCIA but havent seen anything since. Individual head read graphs and SSD trims are well, nice but not really going effect anything

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 20:17 

correct on this but i think its more heading towards the HDD Forensic side business more money

i would like to see a bigger improvement of the automatic firmware recovery.

like with the hardware tools from acelaboratory

if the insight had this people will turn more to the atola insight
as there no issues with any licences.

the insight could handle this with no issues at all.
this is what its missing.

but the main one would be like to see it handle or fix damaged or corrupted partition tables
file recovery only works if the partition is intact.

the only hardware i would think is a add on for handling usb drives or sas drives.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 20:50 

USB drive addition would be great but DDI solution apparently doesnt work that well with a lot of drives so its maybe not something thats worth doing. If only you could image just the files required rather than whole drives like DDI!

PostPosted: November 11th, 2013, 0:55 

yes that what we found out about the usb drive addition it does not work that well
and is expensive.
but people wont speak about this as i would think deepspar would not like people knowing about this issue

i suppose give it about 5 years they might have a working solution but at this point the only solution is the Manufacturers
we dont need usb drive connectors.

it would be good if you could just copy the files required rather then the doing the whole hard drive.
you would had thought something could be done where the entire subdirectory of files is shown

PostPosted: November 11th, 2013, 11:18 

craig6928 wrote:
yes that what we found out about the usb drive addition it does not work that well
and is expensive.
but people wont speak about this as i would think deepspar would not like people knowing about this issue

i suppose give it about 5 years they might have a working solution but at this point the only solution is the Manufacturers
we dont need usb drive connectors.

it would be good if you could just copy the files required rather then the doing the whole hard drive.
you would had thought something could be done where the entire subdirectory of files is shown

I've been using the USB Add-On since it was released. It has worked well since it was released. There have been some updates to better handle some drive reset issues which would slow down the read process.

With the USB Add-On, it is great to be able to target specific files. It is nice to also be able to fix "slow read" firmware issues and get the drive to detect when either head 0 or 1 is having read issues, preventing drive detection and/or proper translator read on startup.

The great thing about DeepSpar is that they respond to glitches and have been known to release fixes very fast. I've even seen them release an update the same day. One thing to note is that it is very difficult for their team to produce a "fix" for something that they cannot replicate. Without the failing drive you are working on, it may take longer for them to reproduce the error and then produce the fix.