The easiest way is just to install Insigh 4.5 or higher versions instead. However, if your subscription does not allow using fresher software versions, here is the workaround.
The thing is that Microsoft rolled out .NET Framework 4.6.1 several weeks later after our 4.4 release. Atola Insight 4.4 is based on .NET 4.6 Framework (not 4.6.1) and its framework version check during installation implemented was made according to the rules by Microsoft. For some reason they decided to change the rules with the Windows Update and now we have what we have.
To cope with the issue, please follow the scenario:
1. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client in Registry Editor
2. Save 'Release' key value to some file
3. Change 'Release' key value to 393297 in Decimal base (mode)
4. Install Atola Insight Forensic 4.4 and run it
5. Change 'Release' key value back using the saved value at point 2
If you face permission restrictions while changing registry keys, please follow the tips explained in Steps 1-6 here: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/take-fu ... stry-keys/