All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Price info of Atola (and PC 3K) products...
PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 0:33 

Hola.

Whats the standard price of Atola

Light:
Base:
Advanced:

I think I misunderstood their quote... seemed like the outright price and the upgrade prices are the same... which I assume to be inaccurate.

Also, which PC-3000 makes more sense:
UDMA-E version?
Express version?

How much does it cost to add the RAID feature?

Is there a version newer than the Red UDMA-E card?
Is the software extra for PC-3000?
How are upgrades handled (for software) ..? Is it like Atola (annual access for your device?)

Okay, thanks y'all.

Post subject: Re: Price info of Atola (and PC 3K) products...
PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 7:46 

I just remember the huge difference between Atola and Ace, was resell / license transfer capability. Once you but Ace, you own it forever, can not resell it. Ace becomes a brick for anyone else. You can resell the Atola, or is stil useable if you resell it. We purchased the Atola vs the Ace PC-3000 because of Ace lack of license transfer options.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 10:39 

bflores wrote:
I just remember the huge difference between Atola and Ace, was resell / license transfer capability. Once you but Ace, you own it forever, can not resell it. Ace becomes a brick for anyone else. You can resell the Atola, or is stil useable if you resell it. We purchased the Atola vs the Ace PC-3000 because of Ace lack of license transfer options.

That all sounds nice, and is true if all you need is a tool to copy working hard drives. But, if you expect to actually be successful in data recovery PC-3000 will handle 5x more cases than you could ever hope to with Atola. They don't even bother trying to advertise their tools as being for data recovery now, they market them as forensics tools.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 10:56 

Couldn't agree more. We have the Atola. And It is a first line of defense type tool, for us. Works really well for non mechanical failures.

The guy at HDD recovery services on YouTube uses Ace products. His channel has replaced hddguru.com for me. Love that guy. I have learned more from him, then this site has ever
offered. https://www.youtube.com/user/hddrecoveryservices

He has taught us that, data recovery requires major investments. It's not as easy as most things you pick up. Truly requires dedication, skill and lots of training. The cost is secondary.

I'd say, go with the Atola for an ease of use, front line of defense, for all non mechanical failures. And Ace line of tools for the dedicated hard core professional data recovery ninjas, for mechanical and non-mechanical recovery. I've seen that guy recover wicked advanced things with the Ace line.. like chip offs, etc.

In summary. We use the Atola for basic recovery (95% of our cases). We send the rest to data recovery services for the remaining, harder cases.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 11:10 

Also.. extremly disappointed that Atola did not include a PCIE NVME solution, vs addon, with the new Atola TaskForce.

Love the new portability option. But would have loved a more dedicated PCIE NVME soluion.