All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deserved praise for Salvations after-sales
PostPosted: March 30th, 2009, 7:55 

Just a quick positive note for Salvation, as they often seem to be getting a bit of a bad press recently.

I had a problem with my Seagate Doctore last Wednesday, with it not powering up properly, it would just beep (even with no HDD attached).

Chatted on-line with their support department to convince them that there was actually a fault with the device took a while. But to be fair, they must get a lot of novices with non-existant faults so I went through all the motions with the tech. After a while the tech agreed with me.

I then contacted Selina, who immedietely agreed to a replacement.

All I had to do was arrange shipment of the faulty item and provide a tracking number, then she would arrange shipment of a replacement box, which she did SAME DAY! No need to wait for the suspect item to arrive back to SD.

The replacement box (in fcat a whole new kit) arrived this morning, and within an hour I was back up and running. The suspect box also arrived back in China today, and was confirmed faulty.

Hats off to Selina and the SD team, in providing such an excellent after-sales service as quickly and as efficiently as they did. Praise where praise is due.

MANY THANKS!!!

Sean

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

Post subject: Re: Deserved praise for Salvations after-sales
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2009, 0:47 

is that mean to give one plus plus point to SD.. :)

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2009, 12:44 

pcimage wrote:
Just a quick positive note for Salvation, as they often seem to be getting a bit of a bad press recently.

I had a problem with my Seagate Doctore last Wednesday, with it not powering up properly, it would just beep (even with no HDD attached).

Chatted on-line with their support department to convince them that there was actually a fault with the device took a while. But to be fair, they must get a lot of novices with non-existant faults so I went through all the motions with the tech. After a while the tech agreed with me.

I then contacted Selina, who immedietely agreed to a replacement.

All I had to do was arrange shipment of the faulty item and provide a tracking number, then she would arrange shipment of a replacement box, which she did SAME DAY! No need to wait for the suspect item to arrive back to SD.

The replacement box (in fcat a whole new kit) arrived this morning, and within an hour I was back up and running. The suspect box also arrived back in China today, and was confirmed faulty.

Hats off to Selina and the SD team, in providing such an excellent after-sales service as quickly and as efficiently as they did. Praise where praise is due.

MANY THANKS!!!

Sean

I recently had a problem with the terminal adaptor of my seagate doctor, spoke with selina and got a replacement the same week after I arranged shipping. While some of the SD products may not be perfect the service is support is excellent.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2009, 14:34 

Yes now I see they are offering to change out your DC for the new DC with RAID tools for free you just have to fill in paper and they will tell you how to finish it on line. Check you might get this for free and not have to pay for another machine

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2009, 14:36 

hddguy wrote:
I recently had a problem with the terminal adaptor of my seagate doctor, spoke with selina and got a replacement the same week after I arranged shipping. While some of the SD products may not be perfect the service is support is excellent.

Agree with hddguy, the products are not the best, but the support trying to do the best as can... :)

Janos