All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Thinking of buying an SD product? Please contact me first.
PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 22:33 

If I dont have salvation hardware doesnt mean that i dont have the manuals , one more thing I have more experience then you in this field , its obvious i didnt go for shit and you did . :D

PostPosted: March 18th, 2010, 7:00 

Amarbir is right, thatdellguy is going too far, do not know why thatdellguy is unhappy with SD. Thatdellguy open the game tells you why you do not like SD ivez think you criticize could help improve the tools SD I'm sure many in the forum helped ACE Atola and improve their tools I bet that ACE has too many bugs and all help solve

PostPosted: March 18th, 2010, 10:40 

thatdellguy DID try to help SD improve their tools. He gave them so many suggestions that they banned him from their forums.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2010, 2:18 

Another example of sloppy programming and bad advice...Harvey really should have told this person to power the hard drive without the SD box. This happens on many Seagate models not just 7200.11 and 7200.12.

Quote:
''U" Command is not working in Teminal Mode for 7200.11
http://www.salvationdata.com/forum/topic1487.html

Page 1 of 1''U" Command is not working in Teminal Mode for 7200.11
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 amby revainfo
Hi All

I have Seagte ST3500620AS with Frimware SD15 ( Baraccuda 7200.11)
when i connect only PCB to consol and working in terminal mode, upto "Z" command work fine,but When connect PCB and put "U" command it gives bip and power off the consol

Please Help Me Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: ''U" Command is not working in Teminal Mode for 7200.11
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:46 pmby Harvey
I think problem is power supply. Barracuda 7200.11/12 HDD especially the one with large capacity like 500GB, 1TB or 1.5TB consume more power. Therefore, when you issue a "U" command to start motor but power supply may fail to load it. Change a power supply to try.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2010, 3:02 

HddGuru is number one on Google :mrgreen:

Attachment:
sd.JPG
sd.JPG [ 106.55 KiB | Viewed 8037 times ]

PostPosted: March 25th, 2010, 14:37 

Hddguru rocks !!

PostPosted: March 25th, 2010, 15:04 

I still don't think they ever fixed that bug I told them about where they were corrupting ROM in seagates

PostPosted: March 25th, 2010, 18:15 

:mrgreen:

Attachment:
sd2.JPG
sd2.JPG [ 101.04 KiB | Viewed 8009 times ]

PostPosted: May 7th, 2010, 17:34 

Amarbir wrote:
thatdellguy wrote:
Amarbir, I'm curious after looking at your website. Do you actually perform data recovery or just resell stuff? I'm guess the site is designed more for selling stuff than actual repairs. With your other post on imagers I'm guessing your new to DR. We welcome you to the DR world but can you do one thing for me? Take a chill pill and enjoy the forum. Nobody likes to chit chat with crazies from India...

Well ,
Have a Look At My Post count Before You Say that ,Also Its a shame When You Take Verbal assault On Someones Country .Well this is against the Essence Of the forum and also against My dignity To Be As shameful As you and Reply About Your Country In a Defamation Style,Do Not Refer To Mr Arora He Was a Old Man Trying To Learn Data Recovery and SD Has Stuck Some Crazy things In His Head And He Was Punched Here And There In the Forum ,I Am Greatfull This Was Over And Master Dimitry Was Kind Enough To Delete That Forum Part ,This Would Tell you If I am New Here Or a Old Member .Secondly India Is a Country To House Many Software Professionals And there Are Great Many Data Recovery Technicians In India .Some Of them Are Old Members Of HDD GURU Forums ,I Know about This When It Was not even Called HDD GURU .I Suggest You Use Your Pent Up energy Developing Some Crazy Tool At Affordable Price For Yourself Or Might Be Resell It .I Have Many Tools Some Of Ace Some Of SD and some From Other Companies .

TheDellGuy - Shame On you To Drag anyones Country Into discussion ,every Person On Earth Loves his Motherland And No One Has the right To Abuse Or Say Anything About anyones country .What Do you think you Are ,Have Some shame And Self Respect When you Do This ,Old Members And New Once Correct Me If I Am Wrong Here ,What Right Does Anyone Have To Abuse anyones Motherland .You Do Not Like Me Its Fine ,You think You Are a Expert Its Fine Too [ you Can Assume anything You Feel Like ] But you Cannot Abuse a Nation and the People Who stay there .I do Not Have Any Kind Of Hard Feelings About you And your Motherland .GROW UP .and before you comment on this with your eyes closed ,Think How Much It Hurts someone At the Other side .I Hope some Sensible Members Do Agree On this Viewpoint .

Why does he do this in every post.. CaPiToL anD loWeR caSeS.. it hurt my eyesssss ... ahhhh i skip all hiss posts(useless info anyway)-- and try to make up in my mind what he said from the replies...

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 21:57 

ppumkin wrote:
Why does he do this in every post.. CaPiToL anD loWeR caSeS.. it hurt my eyesssss ... ahhhh i skip all hiss posts(useless info anyway)-- and try to make up in my mind what he said from the replies...

Back in the 60s, everyone was "doing their own thing', but in exactly the same way.

Today it's no different. Young dudez believe that all-lowercase SMS-ese is their own unique style, but really it's just boring, mindless conformism. At school I learned to capitalise the first person pronoun, no matter whether in mid-sentence, or at the beginning, but today, literacy just ain't kewl.

Personally, when I think of really cool people, I think of Robert Palmer, not some teenage mobile phone junkie.

As for Amarbir's Word Case, it did bug me at first, but I've come to see it as a truly individual style. Maybe one day it will be all the rage. :-)