All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SD Flash Doctor for SSD drives?
PostPosted: January 12th, 2010, 17:14 

Forgive me if i'm wrong about this tool, but I was under the impression that it was for usb flash sticks/camera media and not SSD hard drives. Can anyone confirm that it is for SSD as well? This seems a tad bit misleading as usual for SD.

Quote:
Dear Customer,
Save your budget for new tools in the New Year.
At this time of change, the beginning of the New Year, all data recovery companies should admit the fact that the flash storage is replacing the traditional hard drives, therefore the flash data recovery needs will soon overwhelm the current hard drive data recovery needs. In order to help all our loyal customers with limited budget in getting the new tool for flash data recovery, the Flash Doctor, to start providing flash data recovery service to their customers just like others have done and stay competitive, we provide this promotion special for our customers.
Promotion Details:
Promotion Period: from January 12, 2010 to February 12, 2010
Participants: all existed customers of SalvationDATA products.
All participants will receive a special “returning customer coupon” which can be applied to their order of the new flash data recovery solution - Flash Doctor, which makes it cost-saving (spend less money in getting this powerful tool) and worthy (start providing professional and in-depth flash data recovery service to your clients).
Since this is a special offer for the existed customers, we would like to invite you to contact your sales representative for details and participation.
Your SalvationDATA Team
http://www.salvationdata.com

Post subject: Re: SD Flash Doctor for SSD drives?
PostPosted: January 12th, 2010, 19:29 

Well, I guess conceptually an SSD is just a really big flash drive with a fancier controller and enough flash chips to make you want to vomit

PostPosted: January 12th, 2010, 23:52 

This is really hard becasue this flash drive has a limit on the memory that it can store and how much data can be read and recovered from it. The unit is nicely put together and easy to work with and insert the chips into it. The program is the problem on the recovery part and has a lot of problems and combinations to work with in order to recover the data from the flash drive. There are different combination that need to be tested and worked with in order to find the correct combination and recovery for the chips. There are unsupported chips and flash drives but also the other Flash recovery from ACE does not support them either. Each one has the good and bad side and it seems to me that there is a need for the two of them in order to have a better chance to do the recovery with them. Certain flash memory that is easily read by SD is not readable by ACE and vise versa. So I do believe if you have a lot of flash memory to recover you should look into the two units to have a better chance of recoverying your flash memory.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 11:55 

I, too, found the promotion rather misleading. I responded to their e-mail with the question to which I have yet to receive a response.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2010, 20:57 

i can confirm for you that the sd flash doctor will never cover SSD drives

there marketing sounds to good to be true sometimes :(