All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Firmware needed - WD30EZRX
PostPosted: November 8th, 2012, 21:54 

Request for ROM Firmware data for WD30EZRX - 00MMMB0 DCM HARCHV2ABB I do not have a solution for this particular problem, but I have a question about this same model hard drive but a slightly different situation. It is a 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX - 00MMMB0 DCM HARCHV2ABB. The drive is always in a busy state and cannot be recognized on any of my imagers or Salvation Data WD HD Doctor. I removed the pc board and placed it on the WD HD Doctor and PC board still stays busy. I ordered a replacement pc board and the drive now starts ok and goes to a ready state but it needs the original ROM data from the original ROM IC to ID the drive correctly. I then swapped the ROM IC from the original pc board and now the replacement board is always in a busy state. The problem is the origial ROM IC is defective. Can the original ROM data be regenerated or uploaded to me so that I can overwrite the functional ROM IC from the donor pc board. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Firmware needed - WD30EZRX
PostPosted: November 11th, 2012, 3:00 

I have a feeling SD tool cannot help in this case.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2012, 4:31 

Try contacting SD support. I've had issues programming WD ROYL PCB's with ROM chips. The tool usually blanks out the ROM when written to.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 23:22 

There is a way to regenerate the ROM on this model that doesn't have the "normal" rom info in 102, 103, etc and doesn't even have mod 107.
Follow the normal rom regeneration procedure but instead of saving 102, 103, etc, in a folder save the 5 modules at the bottom of the f/w list--the ones labeled 'in ROM' (47, etc... can't remember them all) then rename them to the appropriate "normal" modules used to regenerate the ROM (102, 103, 105, 107, 109). The SD program will see that the appropriate rom modules are there and will regenerate it.
I'll scrounge up the renaming info and post it later.

Sam

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 11:09 

Follow up:

000A=0102
0047=0103
0030=0105
000B=0107
0109 doesn't need modification

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 11:34 

Alan2 wrote:
Request for ROM Firmware data for WD30EZRX - 00MMMB0 DCM HARCHV2ABB I do not have a solution for this particular problem, but I have a question about this same model hard drive but a slightly different situation. It is a 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX - 00MMMB0 DCM HARCHV2ABB. The drive is always in a busy state and cannot be recognized on any of my imagers or Salvation Data WD HD Doctor. I removed the pc board and placed it on the WD HD Doctor and PC board still stays busy. I ordered a replacement pc board and the drive now starts ok and goes to a ready state but it needs the original ROM data from the original ROM IC to ID the drive correctly. I then swapped the ROM IC from the original pc board and now the replacement board is always in a busy state. The problem is the origial ROM IC is defective. Can the original ROM data be regenerated or uploaded to me so that I can overwrite the functional ROM IC from the donor pc board. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

i guess your problem is not PCB (if not felt) this is common SA access with those models
the problem is else where. and SD will not help here i doubt it specially on those NEW FAMILIES.

good luck

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 18:51 

Thats what I'm trying to say, these new families have spotty ROM support with SD tools. Solution was to ditch SD...

PostPosted: March 19th, 2013, 11:15 

Is there some kind of Firmware solution to this problem

http://koitsu.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/ ... d-parking/