All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: how connect Data compass and HD Doctor
PostPosted: March 4th, 2013, 12:30 

hi...

I have HD Doctor and Data compass, I see that the data compass and HD Doctor can be connected together...
please help me I need some videos or pictures..

Post subject: Re: how connect Data compass and HD Doctor
PostPosted: March 4th, 2013, 13:03 

sergio.villate.ts wrote:
hi...

I have HD Doctor and Data compass, I see that the data compass and HD Doctor can be connected together...
please help me I need some videos or pictures..

No you do not. It is very simple. The DC is an interface. On the front panel you will need to turn off read, and write buttons. Bring up the DC and leave the HD DR attached to your computer. The two are powered on together. You bring up the DC and then turn on read button using the features in the program menu. Then do to DC EXP and in the menu open from HD DR and choose which HD DR you want to open it from. Normally this one is done for example if your HDD is in safe mode and was repaired but when you power it off it goes back to not being repaired. On Maxtor there has been times that the drive can be repaired in safe mode but when you move back to master mode the problem goes back like before. So in this case you leave the drive working on the HD DR and put on the DC as stand alone and then bring it up. This would be same as starting the drive if you do a RAID on this one but do not worry the RAID is not a good function on this one. Well anyhow bring it up how I said. Go to the DC EXP panel and hit the drop down menu and select the correct HD DR that it is attached to. Then from there open the HDD. The DC can then clone this one from there. It uses both of them at the same time. It is so simple. You do not need a video to follow this one.