All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hts 547575 ready but I cannot load from HDD
PostPosted: March 17th, 2013, 0:12 

Hello friends
I have this drive Hitachi HTS547575A9E384
it run normally no click but I cannot access data I use SD Tools but they have no support for this model
this model have no NVRAM
I got a donor and I tray to swap the ROM chip (8pin one) from the board to the donor board but no success I think there is another one that hold information chip (Samsung K4H6416380-LCCC) I'm gong to swap it but I'm not sure the drive hold important data but I cannot recover it
so if anybody have any clue or solution for this drive pleas post here or PM me ideas4.i.ca@gmail.com
thanks

Post subject: Re: Hts 547575 ready but I cannot load from HDD
PostPosted: March 17th, 2013, 10:10 

double click to the information bar (where parameters are shown) n update wht u see

SHAHI
shahi.mahbub@gmail.com

PostPosted: March 17th, 2013, 13:58 

shahij wrote:
double click to the information bar (where parameters are shown) n update wht u see

I Can see The model Number and serial but No firmware version and no LBA value and the drive become error status

PostPosted: March 17th, 2013, 15:01 

chamxz wrote:
shahij wrote:

I Can see The model Number and serial but No firmware version and no LBA value and the drive become error status

Then why swap out PCB this is not your problem on this one. No need to do this at all. If you see model and S/N what other tools do you have. If by chance you have the DC put it on this one. See what it will do on this. then report back here if you can get it to ID correctly on the DC. If not invest in a good tool to clone with like Atola, DDI, you cn even try the DFL DE if you want on this one. But you will need a cloning tool if you do not have one.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2013, 0:03 

poehere wrote:
chamxz wrote:
shahij wrote:

Then why swap out PCB this is not your problem on this one. No need to do this at all. If you see model and S/N what other tools do you have. If by chance you have the DC put it on this one. See what it will do on this. then report back here if you can get it to ID correctly on the DC. If not invest in a good tool to clone with like Atola, DDI, you cn even try the DFL DE if you want on this one. But you will need a cloning tool if you do not have one.

Thanks for answering
I have DC but it cannot recognize the drive after one minute it com ready but when try to read from HDD I have message (No DRQ in drive Error) and I have only Salvation data suite

PostPosted: March 18th, 2013, 2:22 

You do not need to change your PCB. This one is in the drive and not the PCB. I was just hoping that you could read the drive and LBA with the DC where the Hitachi DR would not do this one. There is a lot of time that the Hitachi DR will not support the drive where the DC can do this one. You have a mode on the DC to work with Hitachi have you tried to initialize this one to work with the drive. At times if the DC can not read the drive as it is and you initialize this mode you can get the drive to read correctly. Can you try using the Hitachi setting for this drive on the DC and see what it will do please.

Here is the best way to work on the DC for Hitachi. On the box of the DC Controller turn off READ and Write and UDMA first press the bottons on the control panel of your DC. this is after your drive is attached. Do this one when you are connected to the USB and have power on this one. Wait for the ready lights on the DC control panel of the box. When you see this one enter your program. Now you can do this one turn on READ and UDMA on this and click on the Hitachi setting. Choose the right setting for your drive. Now click on Drive LBA to see if the drive LBA will be read. If the drive gives you some errors on this one there is a power on and off button on the right use this to reset your drive. Sometimes this might need to be done more than once on a drive like yours. Now click on drive LBA. You might also have to turn off reading from sector 0 on this one. This can help to read the drive and also clone the drive. If you can see the Drive LBA read then go to read the drive and open it from the DC. Try this one and let me know what it does please.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2013, 15:19 

Spildit wrote:
I'm not an expert at all neither i work on the data recovery buisness, but it apears to me that the drive have something damaged on the firmware, and should be addressed first, and only then the drive will clone. Op needs something that works with firmware and supports this drive, and NOT a imaging device...
Just my opinion anyhow.

Inside the DC this one can help him. There is an utility for Hitachi drives. Inside this utility if the drive can not be fixed and has an issue such as his you can run this utility to get the drive working again. I know I have done it before. That is why I give him this advice. I know he has an issue in FW and with the DC this can help to initialize the drive correctly and help with the issue he has. I do not say it will work on all drives but it is a place for him to try this one to get off his data. Considering his drive is not supported in the Hitachi DR from SD it will be supported in the DC for some unknown reason. Using the built in utility of the DC to work on the drive will a lot of time start this drive so he can clone it.

You are correct about something damaged in the SA and that is why I gave him the instructions I did to see if he can use the built in utility of the DC to get it to work. it is a emulation program that works on Hitachi drives only inside of the DC and can actually help in cases such as this one. The OP does not have any other tools to work with so I am trying to help him work around this problem with the limited tools he does have.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2013, 21:59 

poehere wrote:
Spildit wrote:
I'm not an expert at all neither i work on the data recovery buisness, but it apears to me that the drive have something damaged on the firmware, and should be addressed first, and only then the drive will clone. Op needs something that works with firmware and supports this drive, and NOT a imaging device...
Just my opinion anyhow.

Inside the DC this one can help him. There is an utility for Hitachi drives. Inside this utility if the drive can not be fixed and has an issue such as his you can run this utility to get the drive working again. I know I have done it before. That is why I give him this advice. I know he has an issue in FW and with the DC this can help to initialize the drive correctly and help with the issue he has. I do not say it will work on all drives but it is a place for him to try this one to get off his data. Considering his drive is not supported in the Hitachi DR from SD it will be supported in the DC for some unknown reason. Using the built in utility of the DC to work on the drive will a lot of time start this drive so he can clone it.

You are correct about something damaged in the SA and that is why I gave him the instructions I did to see if he can use the built in utility of the DC to get it to work. it is a emulation program that works on Hitachi drives only inside of the DC and can actually help in cases such as this one. The OP does not have any other tools to work with so I am trying to help him work around this problem with the limited tools he does have.

thanks all
this way doesn't work I had tray this before and I tray your way to turn off read write UDMA buttons and doesn't work also DC the last new 3 version they change the hitachi access mode with automatic mode and when try to load the automatic mode I always have error and for the chip I think this chip hold some information about the drive because when I swap the chip the good drive cannot recognized I definitively think that is SA problem I don’t understand whay SD doesn’t support this series same for ALA series

PostPosted: March 18th, 2013, 23:52 

Then if you can not use the Hitachi SA Emulation on the DC to force the SA to read then I can not help you any more with the tools that you have. You will have to find a tool that will support this drive or out source it to another company who has the tools. The drive more than likely has to be put into Safe Mode and the SA C read on this to try and repair the problems in SA A if at all possible. I am so sorry I thought that the SA Emulation inside the DC would of worked for you on this one. Normally I can use the SA emulation on the Hitachi from the DC and read the drive. It has worked in more cases on Hitachi drives. Before they updated their DC program this was the benefit of the DC was the SA emulation on Hitachi drives. But seems like all things if it works fix it so it no longer works. I think that is SD new Model of business. I saw this more than once on their Seagate tool. How they tried to fix some bugs in one version but destroyed all the features that were working so you could no longer work with their tool at all. Sorry I gave you the only way possible to try and read this drive with the tools you are working with.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2013, 0:51 

poehere wrote:
Then if you can not use the Hitachi SA Emulation on the DC to force the SA to read then I can not help you any more with the tools that you have. You will have to find a tool that will support this drive or out source it to another company who has the tools. The drive more than likely has to be put into Safe Mode and the SA C read on this to try and repair the problems in SA A if at all possible. I am so sorry I thought that the SA Emulation inside the DC would of worked for you on this one. Normally I can use the SA emulation on the Hitachi from the DC and read the drive. It has worked in more cases on Hitachi drives. Before they updated their DC program this was the benefit of the DC was the SA emulation on Hitachi drives. But seems like all things if it works fix it so it no longer works. I think that is SD new Model of business. I saw this more than once on their Seagate tool. How they tried to fix some bugs in one version but destroyed all the features that were working so you could no longer work with their tool at all. Sorry I gave you the only way possible to try and read this drive with the tools you are working with.

thank you for your help
I well loock for an earler version of Dc program to try again
thanks

PostPosted: March 19th, 2013, 1:03 

chamxz wrote:
poehere wrote:

thank you for your help
I well loock for an earler version of Dc program to try again
thanks

I find an older version 8.0 and there is SA emulation but the model of this drive is not listed here is 5425 and 5480 so no success

PostPosted: March 19th, 2013, 2:58 

Spildit wrote:
I told you it wouldn't work ....

Given the limit of his tools he has and non supported drive for his tool this was a long shot. I have done it before and yes it does work. Hitachi on the DC is supported for SA Emulation. That is the key on this one SA Emulation. That is why it has worked on other drives. Up to version 10 on the DC they had a listing of all drives and you selected the drive and the SA emulation for this drive would work and you could open and read the drive. I have no clue what SD has done to their new program on their DC and what modifications they made to this one. I have not had to use the SA Emulation on the DC in some time . It was worth a long shot to test this one to see if by chance it could help out. As a matter of fact I have not used the DC in a very long time. Other tools do a better job at cloning than the DC does. There still is a few cases where I have to use the DC to clone with but not so many. I fully understood what was wrong on this one nad how to go about fixing it. But the tool he has can not support this drive therefore it can not be fixed with his limited tools on hand. The only slim possibility on this one was to try and use the SA Emulation to read the drive with it. Even with some errors in mods in the SA the DC can do this one. Or should I say in the past it could do this one.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2013, 15:33 

Spildit wrote:

Hello do you have any other idea to deal with this drive??
thanks

PostPosted: March 19th, 2013, 15:38 

poehere wrote:
Spildit wrote:

Given the limit of his tools he has and non supported drive for his tool this was a long shot. I have done it before and yes it does work. Hitachi on the DC is supported for SA Emulation. That is the key on this one SA Emulation. That is why it has worked on other drives. Up to version 10 on the DC they had a listing of all drives and you selected the drive and the SA emulation for this drive would work and you could open and read the drive. I have no clue what SD has done to their new program on their DC and what modifications they made to this one. I have not had to use the SA Emulation on the DC in some time . It was worth a long shot to test this one to see if by chance it could help out. As a matter of fact I have not used the DC in a very long time. Other tools do a better job at cloning than the DC does. There still is a few cases where I have to use the DC to clone with but not so many. I fully understood what was wrong on this one nad how to go about fixing it. But the tool he has can not support this drive therefore it can not be fixed with his limited tools on hand. The only slim possibility on this one was to try and use the SA Emulation to read the drive with it. Even with some errors in mods in the SA the DC can do this one. Or should I say in the past it could do this one.

yes I know SA emulation I had use it before but this model 5475 and ALA3 3.5" it also not supported by SD tools I asked them many times for support and the only response was sorry we don't have support for now maybe the next upgrade
thank anyway