Switch to full style
Discussions related to SalvationData products
Post a reply

hitachi 1TB hard drive dead. mechanical failure

February 26th, 2015, 15:01

I am a newbie here. would like to hear any suggestions.

just had my dead Hitachi 1TB hard drive diagnosed, it's a mechanical failure caused by a head crash. The fix quote is $1000 :( . That's really too much I could afford.

Any other way?

Re: hitachi 1TB hard drive dead. mechanical failure

February 26th, 2015, 15:28

ididit wrote:I am a newbie here. would like to hear any suggestions.

just had my dead Hitachi 1TB hard drive diagnosed, it's a mechanical failure caused by a head crash. The fix quote is $1000 :( . That's really too much I could afford.

Any other way?

DIY might be possible, but not likely to succeed and may well exclude the future possibility of professional recovery. Perhaps you should try getting another quote. I know here in our office in Providence we typically charge $650 plus the cost of donor parts for a case like that.

Re: hitachi 1TB hard drive dead. mechanical failure

February 26th, 2015, 15:35

data-medics wrote:
ididit wrote:I am a newbie here. would like to hear any suggestions.

Any other way?

DIY might be possible, but not likely to succeed and may well exclude the future possibility of professional recovery. Perhaps you should try getting another quote. I know here in our office in Providence we typically charge $650 plus the cost of donor parts for a case like that.

Thanks for your quick response. for a DIY, what tools and software should I have? any ref. I could check?
Post a reply