Switch to full style
Discussions related to SalvationData products
Post a reply

Hitachi HTS543225A7A384 p-list empty

April 30th, 2015, 17:43

Hello,

This issue is the 2nd one i have in this month with the Hitachi ARM 5432A7 models, right now i'm really having a lot of headaches because of this and the Salvation Data for Hitachi is not helping me much u.u

This are the issues
-Hard drive is not being detected as usual
-By the use of Hitachi Doctor i can view up to 20% of the sectors in Hex
-P-list is appearing empty
-Few checksum errors on SA-A and SA-B

The problem i see it's that i cannot do much if i cannot read any on the P-list

The modules i have Checksum error in SA-A are
AVZN, CGDF, HLR1, HLR2, AMPM, DMP1, SDM1 Some of them are empty and some have data

The modules i have Checksum error in SA-B are
SCTH, AVZN, CGDF

Any advice will help

Regards,

Re: Hitachi HTS543225A7A384 p-list empty

May 1st, 2015, 2:06

gacpac wrote:Hello,

This issue is the 2nd one i have in this month with the Hitachi ARM 5432A7 models, right now i'm really having a lot of headaches because of this and the Salvation Data for Hitachi is not helping me much u.u

This are the issues
-Hard drive is not being detected as usual
-By the use of Hitachi Doctor i can view up to 20% of the sectors in Hex
-P-list is appearing empty
-Few checksum errors on SA-A and SA-B

The problem i see it's that i cannot do much if i cannot read any on the P-list

The modules i have Checksum error in SA-A are
AVZN, CGDF, HLR1, HLR2, AMPM, DMP1, SDM1 Some of them are empty and some have data

The modules i have Checksum error in SA-B are
SCTH, AVZN, CGDF

Any advice will help

Regards,

Is this after a head swap?

May 1st, 2015, 12:33

no, this drive is heads fine. Although my first case i though was heads at the beggining and before and after swap the same issue.

As an update i tried with a know good drive HTS547575A9E384 and i can see p-list and g-list fine. Also the program has a bug when you clear g-list it closes itself

May 1st, 2015, 13:30

All i have for now is SD. Data Compass Extractor can be used for cloning by heads. But i have to make it detected from the Hitachi Doctor maybe.

Anyway, the hard drive becomes ready and p-list records are not available although, the firmware module is fine. And for the hard to get detected as well i have to select the family first and then load from hdd.

I'll try to do something to test heads and clone because right now i can only have access to a 20% of data on the drive from the beginning

May 1st, 2015, 13:39

More than likely the drive has issues properly loading the P-List in RAM once the drive hits a bad area and becomes unstable. I strongly suspect that Salvation does not know how to deal with that.

May 1st, 2015, 14:03

I understand,

The last thing i can do is modifying the head map so i can try to image. Right now if i try to connect from the SD Data Compass Extractor the hard drive freezes and i cannot even view one sector. i can only view by hex using the hitachi doctor.

i'll do something and i'll tell you guys, really thank you so much for the help
Post a reply