All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seagate Guide
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 1:35 

The new Seagate guide is now finished. It is written as the other two manual for WD and Maxtor and is based on one tool from the manufacture. The guide is not part of the company who sells this tool but was written to help owners of the tool to better understand how the tool works, how to use terminal, how to use this tool if you want to refurbish a HDD. Please only contact by PM if you are interested in this book. It is not free so do not contact if you do not want to invest in a book to use for your work. The guide contains over 200+ pages of information on the Seagate drive and how to repair some common know issues in this drive. The guide is based on the newest version 5.5 which is just now being released.

When contacting by PM information will be given on how to obtain this book and all the arrangements you will need.

Post subject: Re: Seagate Guide
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 12:38 

I am sure these guides must be comprehensive ,wish they will be free as it will be shared freely & everyone will be benefited. Not all who visit this forum can afford to pay like students / Home users etc.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 12:45 

Ann's manuals are specifically for people using the SD toolkit... Without the hardware tools the manuals are of no use.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 13:11 

Without the hardware tools the manuals are of no use.[/quote]
They are of no use because of ... High Cost too

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 13:26 

mark hazard wrote:
They are of no use because of ... High Cost too

Data recovery is not cheap. Achieving even a minimum of competence requires a large investment of time and/or money. Anyone who can't come to terms with this should find something else to do.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 0:55 

This is not a personal webpage ,it is a knowledge sharing platform. Selling anything for personal gains is kind of spam only.If you are putiing something it must be useful to everyone. What is use of $200 WD guide / Seagate guide to DIY community / home customers /students?
If you want to be so much professional and commercial why dont advertise in your own website. Don not share this forum for money.
I think DRC you dont hav right to suggest anyone ,mind your own business. You are not moderator here

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 2:37 

mark hazard wrote:
What is use of $200 WD guide / Seagate guide to DIY community / home customers /students?

Regardless of the price, it is of no use whatsoever unless they have already purchased the more expensive hardware tools that the guides are for. Plenty of other people have found this to be useful enough to pay Ann for the time and effort she spent in creating them. Are you trying to tell her that her work is worthless? If it is so worthless then why do you want it?

$200 is a pittance in DR.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 3:41 

Before this gets out of hand, Ann's manuals are well worth what she asks for them. I know because I have both. They are carefully laid out and NOT the typical Chinese to English crap outdated manuals SD usually puts out. They are meant to compliment your existing SD Doctors. If you really want to get the most out of your SD tools and gain a deeper understanding, these manuals are a great addition.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 5:48 

Christmas is coming, nevertheless for the free lunch have to wait till 38 of July.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 6:07 

I dont have doubt about technical details / efforts & time spent while compiling. My concern is no matter how comprehensive they are they should be of some use to all members and not for personal gains. When you share a common platform you should have this basic ethics no matter how clever you are.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 6:12 

mark hazard wrote:
This is not a personal webpage ,it is a knowledge sharing platform. Selling anything for personal gains is kind of spam only.If you are putiing something it must be useful to everyone. What is use of $200 WD guide / Seagate guide to DIY community / home customers /students?
If you want to be so much professional and commercial why dont advertise in your own website. Don not share this forum for money.
I think DRC you dont hav right to suggest anyone ,mind your own business. You are not moderator here

Well, sorry my friend, but you have no idea about the person you are talking about here, which i do believe one of 1st. and Best here on this forum, and believe it or not, you have really no idea about the manual she made, and just do a small search and you will know that she is the Mother of DR here. correct me guys if am wrong.

If you think writing Manuals about Seagate is easy, you are wrong, Seagate are really diff. than WD for example in structure and the way you deal with.
and every word she wrote worth thousands of $$$ because it came from alot of research and testing which am sure you never had compared to her.

So, Thnx ANN Again many times really.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 6:17 

mark hazard wrote:
I dont have doubt about technical details / efforts & time spent while compiling. My concern is no matter how comprehensive they are they should be of some use to all members and not for personal gains. When you share a common platform you should have this basic ethics no matter how clever you are.

Man, you are still new here, and i can see that you have maybe 10-15 posts most in STR-3000 which is for Seagate
and again looking here. you should spend some time here with others.

and any updates about your own research which you want to share here :?:
post116481.html#p116481

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 12:47 

mark hazard wrote:

Look sorry you feel this way. But here people sell tools, and other things on this forum. Yes tools for working with HD like head changing tools and the WD head alignment tool. Second if you are a student you pay your professor to learn, you pay for the books, and you pay for the time that you spend in their class.

I was asked by many to write this book. They needed it and asked me to take my time to do so for them so they could use the tool and understand the drive. In doing so they make money on there work. I do not force anyone to purchase this book like others do not force anyone to purchase the tools they created. It is there and if you are interested in learning and making money on the tools you have purchased it is up to you to take it or not. For me I do not care if you purchase it or not. But my time is of value and when you have the knowledge to do the work it is of value to you. You gain in learning and you earn your living on what you do. That is all.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 15:48 

mark hazard wrote:
This is not a personal webpage ,it is a knowledge sharing platform.

Some people thought it was a leeching platform. There's some progress, I see :mrgreen:

mark hazard wrote:
Selling anything for personal gains is kind of spam only.

It is called real world economy : if a valuable member of this forum has developed something good, he deserves to get paid for his work and it is good for us.

mark hazard wrote:
What is use of $200 WD guide / Seagate guide to DIY community / home customers /students?

Home customers and students don't need it because they can't afford or better they WON'T afford the cost of the tool. The manual itself without the tool is useful like a tit on a bull as they are "companions". People who whine about their lost stuff on a crap drive won't get one bit out of the drive with the manual itself without buying the tool.
BTW, the DIY community should learn once for all that D means also DEVELOP or DIG, not only DOWNLOAD.

mark hazard wrote:

There's democracy until counterproof. You can say what you want, we too.

mark hazard wrote:
If you are putiing something it must be useful to everyone

Opinions...

PostPosted: December 9th, 2010, 15:36 

mark hazard wrote:

What a complete and total jackass thing to say. You're not a moderator here either, so what gives you the right to dictate who, what, why and how this forum is used. You must be out of your mind if you think someone is going to invest that kind of time and effort into something and then just give it away. You do realize that having some of that information available to the public could actually be detrimental don't you? You have some jughead with just enough knowledge to be dangerous now toying around with terminal commands and before you know it they have permanently bricked a drive because they didn't pay attention to case formatting when they typed in a command.

I don't believe anyone ever said this was a pool of shared information here. Most of the critical information you need to really succeed in this business is going to come from your own R&D. There are people that will help via PM, but even then they typically only steer you in the right direction, not give you step-by-step instructions. You may even have to *gasp* pay them for their time if they are helping you on a project. If you want a free-for-all forum, go start one and give away anything you want.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 17:51 

Hello, my name is Dennis Baldeón, I buy the user manuals Salvation tool for Seagateand Flash Data Doctor, what is the price of user manuals? and how is the purchase and delivery process?, also would it be possible to send me the manual index to analyze its contents? I hope your prompt response to complete the sale

Best regards

Dennis Baldeón

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 22:42 

hello Dennis,

You can find all about Ann's guides here: ann-and-her-training-books-and-guides-t21966.html

PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 12:42 

NYtech1970 Thanks for the info, I have been very useful

Dennis

PostPosted: November 21st, 2018, 16:09 

The books are now posted on a website I own. You can find them here if you want.

https://9to5workonline.com/ebook-downloads/

You pay through PayPal, go back to the site and the download starts. You save this to your computer.

The books have been discounted and sold now as a reference book only. If you have issues contact me through the website.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2019, 0:13 

For the last year and a half, I have been working n a new Seagate guide. I did not base this guide on the use of any tool at all. It is done with knowledge and a lot of information about terminal command and repair. The book is way over 1000 pages and hopefully, I'll be finishing it really soon. This is a complete guide for Seagate classic and F3. The book is filled with tons of case studies and information about each of the drive families. I have it broken down by drive family and I am about done adding the information in the book. This book will continue to be a work in progress book and as new case studies and repair procedures are found, I'll be adding them to the existing page in the book to make this a complete guide anyone can use with any tool on the market today. The information is universal so it won't matter what tool you own, the book can benefit you and help you repair and recover hard drives. Each section of the book has a lot of information and case studies that will help anyone find a solution to the problem they are facing. I'll keep you posted when it is done. I still have a few other things that I am testing that I need to add to the book. It is a long process because I need to have a ton of Seagate drives to test and find solutions to add to the book.