All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Maxtor Manual
PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 9:49 

@ dkc
Just read few post above and you can see that user manual for HD Doctor for Maxtor is one of the best on SD forum. Ann wrote this one and share for free on the forum. If you have the tool you should have access to SD forum, log in and download it.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 9:58 

dkc wrote:
I am sure that with a better manual, the tool would be of far more use than it has been so far...

The tool HAS some limits like any other (yes even the "industry standard") , but it cannot do every job for you.
You HAVE to have learnt and understood how Maxtors work. Then you can even do without the SD box or everything else as long as you can communicate with the drive and access the firmware.
I found the box intuitive like other tools, you just have to know how stuff work and then investigate (= find) the real problem if there is one. Otherwise , seems that a "one click solution" is needed and it is not available.

P.S. Maxtors are the ABC of data recovery :(

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 10:34 

Kum Ruzvelt wrote:
@ dkc
Just read few post above and you can see that user manual for HD Doctor for Maxtor is one of the best on SD forum. Ann wrote this one and share for free on the forum. If you have the tool you should have access to SD forum, log in and download it.

Thank you very much

PostPosted: December 11th, 2012, 5:57 

poehere

Email is dale@myguys.co.za. Would like to know more about the Manual for WD. I am noob and have had a WD Hard Drive for around 3 weeks now, with both WD and Dell being unable to assist with obtaining the Firmware. If your manual describes all about Firmware (amongst other things) and ways around it, then any additional knowledge would be great. Youtube and other sources are just not cutting it.

BTW. I'm using HD Doctor for (got them all) and Data Compass (which is pointless unless I can get the hard drive to respond).

I also have the good ol Surgery Kit. But I would like to put that last on the list, as then I would need to start looking for the identical drive to transplant it into etc etc.

Excuse if any of the above is out of sorts as I'm just starting.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2012, 13:26 

dkc wrote:
I am sure that with a better manual, the tool would be of far more use than it has been so far...

What manual are you talking about the one on the install CD. This is one that SD wrote and yes it is crap. Check their forum and go to Maxtor section and then manual and download the one that is in 4 sections. Try this one. You should be able to use the tool then. If not then you will need to do a lot of studying and working on drives to understand how they work. Then you can try again and make the tool work or fix the drives.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2014, 8:16 

HI
CAN I HAVE A COPY PLEASE. enefli@provincekhouribga.gov.ma
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2019, 22:01 

poehere wrote:
dkc wrote:

What manual are you talking about the one on the install CD. This is one that SD wrote and yes it is crap. Check their forum and go to Maxtor section and then manual and download the one that is in 4 sections. Try this one. You should be able to use the tool then. If not then you will need to do a lot of studying and working on drives to understand how they work. Then you can try again and make the tool work or fix the drives.

Hi Ann,
Can You Please Upload This Manual Also To The Website You Created , Might Be For Free Or Paid ,So that all books are available in one platform ? .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: January 30th, 2019, 0:03 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
poehere wrote:
dkc wrote:

Hi Ann,
Can You Please Upload This Manual Also To The Website You Created , Might Be For Free Or Paid ,So that all books are available in one platform ? .

Hi Amarbir - this one is not possible. I sold this book off to SD several years back. I also sold the manual for the DC to them too. Otherwise, I'd be happy to do this for you. I don't own this book anymore and I don't need a problem from this company, even though it is outdated and no longer supporting any of the DR tools they made.