All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PC-3000 SAS Newbie but Keen.....
PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 10:40 

Hi there,
Looking to find if there are any user manuals availible for the PC-3000 SAS Version i have spoke to there support team and thay have advised me that the manuals for the SAS Version are a work in progress.......If anyone could give me some advice on using this product i would be very much appreciated....mainly i am interested in repairing or clearing G-List errors from seagate 2.5 sas drives if that is possible not going to be using the data recovery side of it....any help would be appreciated

Regards
Brian

Post subject: Re: PC-3000 SAS Newbie but Keen.....
PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 12:49 

spekyteky wrote:
Hi there,
Looking to find if there are any user manuals availible for the PC-3000 SAS Version i have spoke to there support team and thay have advised me that the manuals for the SAS Version are a work in progress.......If anyone could give me some advice on using this product i would be very much appreciated....mainly i am interested in repairing or clearing G-List errors from seagate 2.5 sas drives if that is possible not going to be using the data recovery side of it....any help would be appreciated

Regards
Brian

Surely Ace can tell you if they can work with g+p on Seagate SAS within their app.

IMHO they can't

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 12:11 

Hi Guru, and thanks again for replying......it does show/display the G-List and P-List errors (SeaGate) but from what i can see and i may be wrong it seems the process of repairing them differs depending on who manufactured the drive.....e.g the Seagate utility differs from the Hitachi Utility......Like i said i am new to all this and have been thrown in at the deep end lol When we purchased the card there was a basic setup manual but not any user type manual....they have forwarded me a work in progress manual for now so i am trying to work my way through that although some is in Russian lol would there be anyone like yourself who would be willing to possibly help me out in some way?
Thanks Again

Brian.....

Post subject: SCSI and SAS hard drives repair
PostPosted: February 19th, 2015, 14:19 

spekyteky wrote:
i am interested in repairing or clearing G-List errors from seagate 2.5 sas drives

You will need custom software to repair SCSI and SAS hard drives. A lot of things can be done with them, but process isn't something easy like performing a couple of basic actions.
We can help with bulk repair and testing, please check your PM.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2015, 14:29 

My question is: Why would you want to bother refurbishing SCSI or SAS drives? Used or refurbished they have virtually no resale value because everyone assumes that they are used and abused in a server RAID. We have a ton here (given to us free for us to wipe them) but they aren't even worth the cost to ship them when sold on ebay. We actually had to start charging $5 to take them and wipe them because they just don't sell.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 7:59 

I appreciate your question Data-Medic but there is a good reason......any help or advice on repairing or clearing G-List would be appreciated....Brian

PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 9:40 

One mans rope is another mans gold

PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 11:41 

While I use PC-3000 every single day, I must say I've never actually used the SCSI version. You are actually the first person I've talked with who even owns one. It seems that the need doesn't arise all that often to do FW repairs on them beyond a quick translator regeneration on the Seagates (which can be done in plscsi).

Do you see any features related to running a self scan for some models ? I'd assume that usually would clear the G-list list before scanning.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 13:19 

I have seen that function but i haven't used it yet, i have just been trying to get a feel of the software before really trying anything....I am not in work just now but i will give it a try when i return.....there is a function when "formating" to select the extended parameters one of which is to "clear the G-List" but it seems whenever i do this the drive fails about 2 minutes into the test....I am not sure why this happens.....thanks for your reply and i appreciate the advice....i will let you know how i get on......Brian

PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 8:09 

Hi Data-Medic,
Thanks for the reply Having looked over the software there is a function within the tools "HDD Self Test" i have attached a screen dump of it.....would this be the function you are meaning ?
Brian

Attachments:
File comment: hdd self test image
HDD Sef Test.jpg
HDD Sef Test.jpg [ 186.72 KiB | Viewed 33893 times ]

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 13:00 

spekyteky wrote:
Hi there,

Regards
Brian

Hello Brain ,
I Am Also Planning To Buy PC 3000 SAS/SCSI + Data Extractor For My Server DR Section in Lab .No Manuals Seriously .Ask Then To Provide You Russian Manuals Atleast

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com