All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 14th, 2012, 4:25 
Offline

Joined: May 28th, 2007, 15:48
Posts: 15
Location: NAIROBI
Hello
We are a DR company based in Kenya & Tanzania and have an open position for a top class DR Engineer.

The Qualified candidate should have extensive knowledge in PC-3000-UDMA, firmware repairs, head change operation, platter swap and other skills key Knowledge on RAID will be added advantage.

USD 36,000 PA, Housing & transport provided

If anyone is interested PM me and we can talk in detail.

Thanks

_________________
GEORGE NJOROGE
EAST AFRICAN DATA HANDLERS LTD
http://WWW.datarecovery.co.ke
Chiromo court chiromo road, Westlands
Nairobi Kenya
+254-20-3751400/2/7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 16th, 2012, 18:41 
Offline

Joined: March 13th, 2005, 12:33
Posts: 872
Location: Dublin
With all due respect, I don't think you'll find anybody "Top Class" for this kind of money. You would probably want to double it to get somebody of the right calibre.

_________________
Data Recovery Ireland


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 18th, 2012, 4:28 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2010, 11:17
Posts: 2370
Location: Kuwait
PC-3000-UDMA,
firmware repairs,
head change operation,
platter swap and other
skills key Knowledge on RAID

all of this on your salary you mentioned is too too little to be honest

RAID Expert only and only might cost you the # you mentioned

_________________
Kuwait Data Recovery - UNIX GTC
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once. By: Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 18th, 2012, 4:49 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2004, 20:06
Posts: 2800
Location: England
Maybe standard of living with this USD is good in Kenya?


The salary is low in international DR tech pay level.

_________________
All went well until I plugged the drive in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 18th, 2012, 6:10 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2010, 11:17
Posts: 2370
Location: Kuwait
for some reason i might agree with you guru here

but

who`s gonna leave his country/family and the life he used to live and go so far specially in Kenya

my myself, if you add another Zero to the end, i will never even think about it

but others might...

good luck GIKUYU finding one or more my dear

_________________
Kuwait Data Recovery - UNIX GTC
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once. By: Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 18th, 2012, 7:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2004, 20:06
Posts: 2800
Location: England
Maybe a Native Kenyan who has the skills will move back to his country. Who knows, I just understand that everything is relative :wink:

_________________
All went well until I plugged the drive in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 18th, 2012, 7:43 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2004, 20:06
Posts: 2800
Location: England
add another 0 to that and I would certainly do data recovery in the backside of a truck drivers sweaty glove :lol: :lol:

_________________
All went well until I plugged the drive in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 18th, 2012, 13:30 
Offline

Joined: March 13th, 2005, 12:33
Posts: 872
Location: Dublin
Guru, You're the new DR Slut :lol:

I'm sure it's very good salary in Africa but as mentioned above, that salary would not attract anybody from Europe or North America I guess. Re-location costs would be too high. Unless perhaps, somebody fancies a stay in Africa, I'm sure it would be a nice experience for somebody young and single with no commitments.

_________________
Data Recovery Ireland


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: February 18th, 2012, 14:42 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2004, 20:06
Posts: 2800
Location: England
Slut? Lol I have done worse!!

_________________
All went well until I plugged the drive in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 21st, 2013, 17:13 
Offline

Joined: March 21st, 2013, 14:45
Posts: 124
Location: India
GIKUYU wrote:
Hello
We are a DR company based in Kenya & Tanzania and have an open position for a top class DR Engineer.

The Qualified candidate should have extensive knowledge in PC-3000-UDMA, firmware repairs, head change operation, platter swap and other skills key Knowledge on RAID will be added advantage.

USD 36,000 PA, Housing & transport provided

If anyone is interested PM me and we can talk in detail.

Thanks


I Am Intrested But If Amount Is Minimum 5 Time More. lol

This Is My Key Skill.

(1) Diagnosing And Identifying Of Hard Drives Logical And Physical Problems.

(2) Identifying, repairing and rebuilding file system structure damage in FAT, NTFS, MAC,Linux And Almost

All Type Of File Systems Using Various Software.

(3) Diagnosing And Reparing Of Defective Hard Drive PCBs.

(4) Finding And Matching Donor PCB And Transfer NVRAM.

(5) Experiance To Diagnosing And Edit NVRAM Microcode In Hex Mode Using External NVRAM Reader.

(6) I Have Knoledge And Experiance To Work In Service Area For Diagnosing And Repair Firmware Problems.

(7) Performing Hard Drive Hot Waps Method With A System Area Compatible Donor Drive And PCB.

(8) Dealing With Editing Head Map In Rom And Disabling Bad Head.

(9) Specialized Techniques Such As Individual Head Imaging.

(10) Indentifying Defective Heads And Replacement Techniques Using Special Tools In A Cleanroom

Environment.

(11) Indentifying And Dealing With Seized Spindle Motors Problem In Cleanroom Environment.

(12) Indentifying And Dealing With Head Sticking On Platters Problem In Cleanroom Environment.

(13) Transplanting Of Disks Into A New Body And Motor.(MHA Replacements)

(14) Experiance And Knoledge Of Recovering Data From NAS,SAN.

(15) Experiance And Knoledge To Recover Data From Raid Level 0,1,5.

(16) Repairing And Rebuilding Raid Arrays Physically And Virtually Using Various Software Tools.

(17) More Then 4 Years Of Experiance To Using Salvation Data Tools.

(18) I Have Knoledge For Work With AceLab (Pc3000 UDMA) DAta Recovery Hardware Tool.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 21st, 2013, 17:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2007, 17:30
Posts: 1904
Location: In your hard drive.
jignesh wrote:
(17) More Then 4 Years Of Experiance To Using Salvation Data Tools.

If you’re going for a professional DR Job this might be considered a disqualifier.

_________________
Buy your friends Toshiba\Hitachi and your enemies Seagate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 21st, 2013, 20:58 
Offline

Joined: April 26th, 2012, 1:52
Posts: 390
Location: Chicago, USA
36,000 USD? ridiculous..

_________________
On a clear disk you can seek forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 4:39 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 3275
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Wondering how much DR work is in Kenya?!? It would be crazy to move out there and not have enough work.

_________________
Hard Disk Drive, SSD, USB Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 4:52 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 28th, 2009, 10:54
Posts: 2798
Location: Greece
thatdellguy wrote:
jignesh wrote:
(17) More Then 4 Years Of Experiance To Using Salvation Data Tools.

If you’re going for a professional DR Job this might be considered a disqualifier.

:lol:

_________________
Northwind Data Recovery - Greece
WD Trusted Partners
http://www.northwind.gr
SandForce SSD Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 5:27 
Offline

Joined: March 21st, 2013, 14:45
Posts: 124
Location: India
thatdellguy wrote:
jignesh wrote:
(17) More Then 4 Years Of Experiance To Using Salvation Data Tools.

If you’re going for a professional DR Job this might be considered a disqualifier.


Dear Sir Thatdellguy Thank You For Your Good Reply.
Sir I Dont Say That I Am Great Then Others. I just Copy Past Quickly For Just Checking Perpous.
Dear Sir Thatdellguy If You Instrested To Know My Skill Key And Experiance Then PM Me I Will Send My Full C.V.

Thank You Again For Reply My Post.

Yours Friend
Jignesh Pankhania(India/Gujarat/Ahmedabad)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 7:30 
Offline

Joined: March 7th, 2011, 10:45
Posts: 56
Location: France
3k US$ per month is a ridiculous salary for you? Are you kidding? Tell us your current salary then?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 29th, 2013, 10:51 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2008, 11:26
Posts: 477
Location: Austin, TX
int0x13 wrote:
3k US$ per month is a ridiculous salary for you? Are you kidding? Tell us your current salary then?


are you in the industry? did you forget about taxes? in the US 36k a year amounts to about 28k a year after taxes. in the US you can make 36k in a ton of different jobs with little to no experience or a college diploma... maybe even without your high school diploma...

How much do you think a DR Professional should get that can do everything this guy is asking for?

if you think that is a lot of money i will not post what i am making... it would make you cry.

but everyone here is correct. Finding a DR pro with that knowledge is not that easy since if you are that good, the company you work for will not want to lose you. Learning proper DR is not something you can learn in school, so either you learn from a current DR company (Easiest way) or learn your yourself ( Harder).

the only unknown is the differences of cost of living from different places. maybe 36k a year is very high salary there... but not for most places.

just my opinion...

ps... Jignesh is off his rocker if he thinks he will get 180K(US DOllars) a year for DR... unless he built a Hard drive time machine :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 29th, 2013, 14:44 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 28th, 2009, 10:54
Posts: 2798
Location: Greece
+1 to Cleanroom's comment.

_________________
Northwind Data Recovery - Greece
WD Trusted Partners
http://www.northwind.gr
SandForce SSD Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 13:20 
Offline

Joined: March 7th, 2011, 10:45
Posts: 56
Location: France
Cleanroom wrote:
int0x13 wrote:
3k US$ per month is a ridiculous salary for you? Are you kidding? Tell us your current salary then?


are you in the industry? did you forget about taxes? in the US 36k a year amounts to about 28k a year after taxes. in the US you can make 36k in a ton of different jobs with little to no experience or a college diploma... maybe even without your high school diploma...

How much do you think a DR Professional should get that can do everything this guy is asking for?

if you think that is a lot of money i will not post what i am making... it would make you cry.

but everyone here is correct. Finding a DR pro with that knowledge is not that easy since if you are that good, the company you work for will not want to lose you. Learning proper DR is not something you can learn in school, so either you learn from a current DR company (Easiest way) or learn your yourself ( Harder).

the only unknown is the differences of cost of living from different places. maybe 36k a year is very high salary there... but not for most places.

just my opinion...

ps... Jignesh is off his rocker if he thinks he will get 180K(US DOllars) a year for DR... unless he built a Hard drive time machine :)


The thing is the salary is relative to each country. You have to watch the buy power to compare. And i think that 36k$ is a very high for a country like Kenya where the economy is very far from rich countrys like Europe or USA. I understand for you in USA, its not a high salary, that's why i was wondering about how much money the middle class working is getting in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USD 36,000 for a top class Data Recovery Engineer
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 12:59 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2008, 11:26
Posts: 477
Location: Austin, TX
int0x13 wrote:
Cleanroom wrote:
int0x13 wrote:
3k US$ per month is a ridiculous salary for you? Are you kidding? Tell us your current salary then?


are you in the industry? did you forget about taxes? in the US 36k a year amounts to about 28k a year after taxes. in the US you can make 36k in a ton of different jobs with little to no experience or a college diploma... maybe even without your high school diploma...

How much do you think a DR Professional should get that can do everything this guy is asking for?

if you think that is a lot of money i will not post what i am making... it would make you cry.

but everyone here is correct. Finding a DR pro with that knowledge is not that easy since if you are that good, the company you work for will not want to lose you. Learning proper DR is not something you can learn in school, so either you learn from a current DR company (Easiest way) or learn your yourself ( Harder).

the only unknown is the differences of cost of living from different places. maybe 36k a year is very high salary there... but not for most places.

just my opinion...

ps... Jignesh is off his rocker if he thinks he will get 180K(US DOllars) a year for DR... unless he built a Hard drive time machine :)


The thing is the salary is relative to each country. You have to watch the buy power to compare. And i think that 36k$ is a very high for a country like Kenya where the economy is very far from rich countrys like Europe or USA. I understand for you in USA, its not a high salary, that's why i was wondering about how much money the middle class working is getting in the USA.


I agree... every country is different...Even in the US it all depends on where you live as well. DR techs in the high cost of living areas like San Francisco, Boston, DC, Los Angelas.. to name a few could potentially get 10-20% more then someone in a low cost of living area.

So i cannot even guesstimate what would be a good starting wage.... but i can get a job a starbucks for 36k a year. So i would assume at least double that to even get a good start

just my opinion... but Salary in the DR field is also pretty protected.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group