Switch to full style
Employment offers and CVs - related to the data recovery and forensic markets
Post a reply

2.5in WD drive dropped. Needs pictures recovered. Quote?

June 27th, 2014, 10:57

I have a WD 2.5in 1TB external HDD that was dropped. Its clicking. We tried a head swap in our clean room with another 1TB 2.5in WD drive but had no luck. (Wasn't a compatible donor though.) We put original heads back in but its still clicking.

Drive information:
Model: WD10JMVW-11AJGS0
DCM: HBKTJBKB
DATE: 15 DEC 2013

If anyone can quote me a price for recovery or can recommend someone for recovery, please post here or send me a PM.

Thanks!

Re: 2.5in WD drive dropped. Needs pictures recovered. Quote?

June 27th, 2014, 11:12

I recommend checking if the non-compatible donor is still working with its own heads (assuming it was in working condition prior) before diving in the sea.

June 27th, 2014, 11:41

Well the non-compatible donor had a note written on it that said SELF SCAN BAD so it definitely had some kind of problem beforehand. We just tried it to see if maybe we could get lucky.

June 27th, 2014, 16:05

PAKComputers wrote:Well the non-compatible donor had a note written on it that said SELF SCAN BAD so it definitely had some kind of problem beforehand. We just tried it to see if maybe we could get lucky.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think it to be wise to replace bad heads with another stack of ..... bad heads.

Did you test the donor with MHDD or something like that ?

What was the point of replacing the heads if there were a big possibility for the donor heads to be damaged as well to strat with ?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Post a reply