All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seeking the worlds elite data recovery engineers
PostPosted: December 7th, 2014, 1:14 

We are looking to hire additional data recovery engineers for our data recovery lab in Sydney, Australia as soon as possible.

If you consider yourself to be in the elite category of the top 1% data recovery engineers in the world, we want you! This is a senior data recovery position - we are looking for a genius, not a junior to train on the job with basic knowledge.

If you can show us that you are the best at what you do, we'll offer you a better salary and work environment than you are currently earning worldwide. We are looking for a highly skilled, very experienced, hard working, honest, careful, responsible and intelligent data recovery engineer who likes a challenge, learning new things and developing a solution to a problem (independently) that others say is impossible! If that sounds like you - you will fit in perfectly with out team - we want you!

If this sounds like you AND you have 5 years (ideally more) of experience with replacing heads, hard drive PCB repair work and in depth knowledge of PC-3000/System Area, please contact me by email: payam@payam.com.au to tell me about your experience and ask any questions you like. Looking to hire somebody ASAP due to increased workload.

Your application will remain confidential (if you currently work for another data recovery company).

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Seeking the worlds elite data recovery engineers
PostPosted: December 13th, 2014, 4:41 

I have received a few applications already - this position is still vacant. If you are interested - send me a PM or email payam@payam.com.au

PostPosted: December 25th, 2014, 20:30 

After receiving many applications - we are still looking for the right person.

We would be happy to consider a Visa/sponsorship to help with migration to anybody with 10 years of data recovery experience or more.

PostPosted: December 26th, 2014, 18:52 

I think the problem is that the 1%'ers mostly all own their own businesses.

PostPosted: December 26th, 2014, 20:24 

I agree with you. But as a business owner - sometimes it may be easier to work for somebody else with a lot less responsibility and stress (if you can earn a good wage still). e.g if you have small kids/family and you want to spend more time with them - but still earn a good living.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2014, 2:46 

It's the "Spiders" :D

PostPosted: December 27th, 2014, 7:55 

I don't think some business owner will sell everything and will start work for somebody else !
As an owner you can choose always your working hours and time for family. And you have freedom. As a worker you don't.
Excuse me if I am wrong :)

PostPosted: December 27th, 2014, 8:04 

There is always someone to fill a position. The hard part is finding them in a reasonable amount of time.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2014, 21:07 

The people applying so far are data recovery business owners from overseas, seeking migration to Australia but so far - not many good training/experience. Still searching.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 5:03 

Banned User

Hello,

Do you consider to foreign workers have experience

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 5:45 

Yes, if you have 10 years+ of head replacement/clean room work - please email me or send a PM. Almost everybody so far who has applied is still considered a beginner (still learning) - not the expert level we are looking for.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 11:16 

payamdatarecovery wrote:
Yes, if you have 10 years+ of head replacement/clean room work - please email me or send a PM. Almost everybody so far who has applied is still considered a beginner (still learning) - not the expert level we are looking for.

If they aren't still learning, they are dead. Things are evolving so fast, it is near impossible to keep up. I understand your dilemma. Those who apply as experienced, aren't.

I can only assume that you must already have the skills you are looking for. Just hire some computer science or electrical engineers and train them to do data recovery. It may be a slower process, but hopefully you can avoid hiring someone who wants to tell you how to run your business.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 17:59 

Like most data recovery companies, I started as a 1 man business. Now as business owner/employer and still in the role of data recovery engineer - i have delegated my work to my employees.

The more i try to pass on my work to my staff, the more work we get and i get dragged back into our lab to do day to day work...and less business management work that is required. I'm managing 6 data recovery labs, running a business as well as completing about 10 hard drive data recovery jobs per day myself. There are only so many hours in a day.

I'm looking for somebody to replace me (as a technician), but without needing to spend years training somebody up from scratch. I have a team of some very smart people working with me and I'm looking to add another very skilled, experienced person to hopefully bring some different experience and skills.

Some of my staff have come from other data recovery companies, each of them have had good and bad training and have brought along with them good and bad habits. I'm looking to hire somebody with a lot of experience who can replace me so i can spend more time ON my business, not working in my business.

We have plenty of good engineers already, i do not want to overload them all with too much work - instead, i prefer to find the best person for the job with the experience to start from day 1 to help our without slowing us down too much.

If you know anybody interested, please let them know to shoot me an email at payam@payam.com.au

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 18:02 

Oh - i forgot to answer your question. I have 16 years experience in data recovery but no, i would not yet consider myself in the top 1% but many of my current employees certainly would be. I'm looking to add another person to our team with similar skill level to help with our workload.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 19:09 

@Payam

Just throwing a curve ball.....

It may be easier and more economical to employ someone to manage and grow your business, in return letting you carry on with what you enjoy most :) You could temporarily contract someone in the top 1% to train and advise your team 1-2 days a week.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2015, 3:33 

Thanks for the idea, i had considered that - but prefer to have an additional full time engineer as part of our team.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2015, 11:22 

deleted...I guess I already said it yesterday.