All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Data Recovery Engineere Microserve Data Recovery - UAE
PostPosted: March 18th, 2015, 1:09 

Positions are based in Dubai

Job Description

Diagnose and repair mechanical and electronic failures on customer storage devices as necessary;
Properly use and understand software and hardware tool complexes needed for data recovery;
Communicate status of projects to sales representatives and record work that is performed and needed both textually and verbally;
Keep work area neat and orderly.

Desired Skills and Experience
Successful applicants are expected to possess all or most of the following experience with very strong English language written and verbal communication skills.

Requirements

Must have strong work ethic, be customer focused, and possess a high energy level. A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and discretion is required;
Take responsibility and ensure all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines;
Some training will be provided, but the right candidate is a uniquely motivated self-starter with the ability to study, research, and learn quickly on their own;
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience;
Knowledge in FAT, NTFS, NFS, HFS, HTFS, EXT2/3FS is a plus.

About this company

Leaders in the field of IP CCTV security solutions, Data Recover and IP based products and services.

Established in Qatar 1995 and are now expanding our territories to cover the GCC.

We are undisputed leaders in data recovery in Qatar and enjoy customer base of over 300 clients covering every industry including major organisations and VIP clients. Our facility includes clean room and sophisticated software and hardware.

Post subject: Re: Data Recovery Engineere Microserve Data Recovery - UAE
PostPosted: March 18th, 2015, 9:36 

Something doesn't quite add up. Are you sure you only have 300 clients spanning over 20 years? It certainly doesn't sound like you are even contenders in data recovery, let alone leaders. Please tell me this is a typo.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2015, 17:20 

I think Dubai is mostly all run by big corporations. So 300 large companies may account for a large share of the business market there.

What I find strange is that they want a college degree.... what amount of knowledge can you gain in college that's of any relevance to data recovery??? I've never gone to college, but I have recovered data for several of them. If they could teach data recovery, they wouldn't need me.

I'm just saying.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2015, 6:26 

I am interested how do we get in touch??

PostPosted: March 19th, 2015, 8:17 

Hi
Why a data recovery engineer need this degree,
In the below degree no teacher teach Data recovery from hard disk drives.

"Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience;"

Regards
Waqas Ali

PostPosted: March 21st, 2015, 4:48 

data-medics wrote:
I think Dubai is mostly all run by big corporations. So 300 large companies may account for a large share of the business market there.

What I find strange is that they want a college degree.... what amount of knowledge can you gain in college that's of any relevance to data recovery??? I've never gone to college, but I have recovered data for several of them. If they could teach data recovery, they wouldn't need me.

I'm just saying.

That Old chestnut!

A Degree has been argued to show a candidate can set their mind to a task and finish it. Completing a degree isn't all that easy for I would say 70% of people. While most Degrees in Tech are SERIOUSLY out of date, they do add a lot of benefit - Report writing, research, a level of professionalism, also a lot of background.. ah.. knowledge, better word needed...

During a degree you are exposed to a lot that you wouldn't be if you just taught yourself the same skillset need for the job. The ideal position to be in IMHO is what everyone seems to expect of someone that doesn't do a degree, passionate, obsessed with really getting into their stuff, I guess Spildt, or others we see on this forum may be examples.. all this AND a degree.

A degree can also steer you AWAY from your initial choice of work/hobby.. such as a Software Engineering dgree did with me.. no way I wanted to sit and write code all day, much more interested in pushing things way past that.

this is a Pepsi/Coke, Holdens/Ford, Soccer football/real football type of argument.. (calm down Soccer fans!!)

While University wildly underwhelmed me.. the actual candidate has MASSIVE access to resourcs and people if they choose to go get it.

There, that's my take on it :-)

PS, you have to remember corporate decisions can come from many places, and sometimes a decision, however unagreeable, comes from above and that's that. they stipulate, we do. Period..

PostPosted: March 21st, 2015, 9:24 

waqas_ali766 wrote:
Hi
Why a data recovery engineer need this degree,
In the below degree no teacher teach Data recovery from hard disk drives.

One thing an engineering degree pretty much guarantees, is an analytical mind and dogged determination to solve problems. That plus an aptitude for innovation when faced with novel problems. Engineers thrive on challenges, so saddling one with routine DR tasks won't keep them happy (or as your employee) for very long, IMHO.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 0:19 

agree somewhat, but when all these arguments are done - it still comes down to the individual, what motivates them personally.
there is an old saying "Good help is hard to find" I would love to get added "so when it is found, damn well look after it!"

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 10:57 

I would hire people who are experience enough rather than taking people who just only holds degree without experience. Some other criterias will be self motivation,what motivates you does matter

PostPosted: May 14th, 2015, 22:54 

Considering OP's location, I believe that a proper, verifiable degree is one of the immigration requirements.